Page 37 of 96 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Well I wouldn't put it over the DCAU, it spawned BTAS, STAS, JL, JLU, BB, Zeta, Static Shock, a whole bunch of animated films and tie inn comics numbering in the hundreds collectively and concepts that actually bled over in to comics/outlived the material( Batman Beyond and Harley being the biggest examples).
    Still I'd easily put it over DCEU and all their tv shows for sure.

As for the team, they just introduced Cyborg to tie inn to Halo and the New Genesis/Apokolips story which also connects Forager and Terra who ties in with Brion who is already connected to the others not to mention Metamorpho and Katana. So I expect the Outsiders to continue to be the main characters along with the season 1 OGs' like Dick, MM, Kon and Artemis

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Bane being Batman's martial equal isn't completely unheared of. It's the second most common take besides people devolving him to VenomRoidMonsterMan. Not surprised the YJ team took the more nuanced approach to the character.

Well, its a progressive development nonethless, hopefully setting him up to take Batman out of the picture which I can be convinced to buy now.

Can't help but wonder if Jason's return will happen in the second half of this season. His memories coming back, training with the League of Shadows, etc. If Ra's ever wanted to stir the pot in Gotham, and give Bruce a big headache, unleashing Jason there after some selective suggestions, would truly distract the Bats from the Light.

BANNED

Ok,in epi 8 in batcave,was alfred there?I don't remember seeing him.

I'm convinced Wally is coming back after that Beast Boy scene.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. Every single take on Cyborg has been cut from the same, angsty, "AM I A MAN OR AM I A MACHINE? DO I CONTROL MY OWN ACTIONS?" cloth that Wolfman envisioned ages ago. It's tired, repetitive, and doesn't need another story dedicated to it as far as I'm concerned. He's easily the worst part of the show so far. This is my opinion as someone who has read a lot of comics wrought with Cyborg's perpetual character cycle.

Black Lightning is great. Kaldur is great. Characters like those are why I love YJ. It's why I was hoping to see more Static. The unusual cast doing largely unadapted stories is great! Cyborg's story is super adapted. Maybe they'll throw a curve ball but 4 episodes of him and it is the same nonsense I was tired of in the 2000s, much less going into the 2020s.

If it was a relatively minor role I wouldn't be worried about it but the majority of the last 4 episodes was dedicated to him and it looks to be just the start. A disappointment in a stellar show.
    Is it possible the issue with Milestone's set up has something to do with Virgil's reduced screen time?

So Happy with the Cyborg design I could burst!

Love this design and I don't think anything really needs to change. When Vic becomes Cyborg the best thing they can do is give him a suit that matches the overall esthetic of traditional Cyborg's vibe. People forget that improving technology isn't adding on more clunky and bulky parts. It's making it more streamline and improving the technology within to work better , faster, and at a higher efficiency.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm a little disappointed that Halo didn't died during her initial confrontation with cyborg. I was waiting for it to happen.

It's sucks that the YJ version of the Doom Partol are dead already. I want to see it's take on the team.

Looks like the writers read the forum. Took my Cyborg cocoon Idea from 6+ years ago. But I'm glad they did it makes the most sense. All his other origin transformations since 2011 were problematic for a variety of reasons, this one actually works a little better.

His interactions with his dad to just leaving with Halo this strange person he jus met felt slightly rushed, but at least they established his background and relationship with his father in prior eps.
    The J-man

Those two football players that bullied Cisco, are they suppose to be Ronnie Raymond and Jason Rusch?

Mighty Member

When it comes to Terra, I wonder if they are going to play the Judas Contract straight with her being a complete monster or do it like the last couple of times where mean old Slade/Deathstroke was manipulating her. It will be interesting if we get the version who thinks Slade is weak because he cares for his children.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    When it comes to Terra, I wonder if they are going to play the Judas Contract straight with her being a complete monster or do it like the last couple of times where mean old Slade/Deathstroke was manipulating her. It will be interesting if we get the version who thinks Slade is weak because he cares for his children.
    I'm hoping for the former. I'm honestly getting tired of redeemable villains. Let the bad guys be bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Those two football players that bullied Cisco, are they suppose to be Ronnie Raymond and Jason Rusch?
    No Ron and Marv Evers from the Cyborg comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Is it possible the issue with Milestone's set up has something to do with Virgil's reduced screen time?
    No. As far as they've told us, DC has given no mandates on which characters they can use. The fact that Static is named and in the show at all means they've bypassed any of the Milestone drama.

Astonishing Member

A lot of the Miestone drama seems to be within DC publishing. We know that Greg had problems using the Milestone characters in some later issues of the YJ comic that comics editorial was overseeing.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 01-26-2019 at 11:04 AM.