Page 38 of 96 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Is it possible the issue with Milestone's set up has something to do with Virgil's reduced screen time?
    They're showing Rocket quite a bit though, they even showed her child.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Midseason finale introduced Holocaust. Isn't Hardware a member of Batman's team?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm hoping for the former. I'm honestly getting tired of redeemable villains. Let the bad guys be bad guys.
    There are plenty of bad guys who are irredeemable. Including most of the ones on this show. Hell, if you want an irredeemable scum bag, you have Slade right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. Every single take on Cyborg has been cut from the same, angsty, "AM I A MAN OR AM I A MACHINE? DO I CONTROL MY OWN ACTIONS?" cloth that Wolfman envisioned ages ago. It's tired, repetitive, and doesn't need another story dedicated to it as far as I'm concerned. He's easily the worst part of the show so far. This is my opinion as someone who has read a lot of comics wrought with Cyborg's perpetual character cycle.
    I don't know, I think more adaptions go for a more happier, self-assured, Cyborg compared to his original incarnation.

But that's probably because most people's idea of Cyborg is Khary Payton's version.

Black Lightning is great. Kaldur is great. Characters like those are why I love YJ. It's why I was hoping to see more Static. The unusual cast doing largely unadapted stories is great! Cyborg's story is super adapted. Maybe they'll throw a curve ball but 4 episodes of him and it is the same nonsense I was tired of in the 2000s, much less going into the 2020s.
    At the very least I'm happy to see them adapting his storyline well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Also did Bane just utterly dominate Batman h2h without venom? WOW, him and Deathstroke are much better than they were in the preceding seasons. Wouldn't be surprised if they set up Bane to takeover the Shadows after Deathstroke loses(the set up is practically there) and possibly takeover his place in the Light and then he breaks Batman during some time skip setting up Dick and Damian as Batman and Robin.
    I wasn't sure if Bane's really gotten that skilled or if Batman was deliberately delaying the fight until Oracle was ready.

I wonder if this is going to drive Bane to come after Batman and incite Knightfall?
    Is it possible the issue with Milestone's set up has something to do with Virgil's reduced screen time?
    I think Virgil's reduced screen time has more to do with the fact that the Team in general has reduced screen time.
    I'm a little disappointed that Halo didn't died during her initial confrontation with cyborg. I was waiting for it to happen.
    I think they used up their Halo death with Cyborg's body horror after his accident.
    There are plenty of bad guys who are irredeemable. Including most of the ones on this show. Hell, if you want an irredeemable scum bag, you have Slade right here.
    Not to mention Queen Bee. Can somebody take her down already !?

Terra should be among them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier
    Not to mention Queen Bee. Can somebody take her down already !?
    The League likely doesn't want to deal with the political shitstorm and civil unrest that will come for doing so.

From the AMA they did couple days ago>
    "Did you encounter any problems with continuing to use the Milestone characters this season? I know there have been some trademark issues lately. Were you grandfathered in from your work with them in previous seasons, or did you have to make a new deal?"

"If there were any problems using Milestone characters (such as Icon, Rocket, Static and Hardware) we were never made aware of them. We just said who we wanted to use, and they said yes."

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...ucers/eevhg70/

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    From the AMA they did couple days ago>
    "Did you encounter any problems with continuing to use the Milestone characters this season? I know there have been some trademark issues lately. Were you grandfathered in from your work with them in previous seasons, or did you have to make a new deal?"

"If there were any problems using Milestone characters (such as Icon, Rocket, Static and Hardware) we were never made aware of them. We just said who we wanted to use, and they said yes."

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...ucers/eevhg70/
    And that's b/c there is generally never an issue with Milestone characters being used outside of comics, it's them being used inside of comics.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So quick question, how likely is it that the mother box that was taken apart is Orion's? Bear mentioned he was off world, so how did a mother box get to Bedlam?

Those two football players that bullied Cisco, are they suppose to be Ronnie Raymond and Jason Rusch?
    I don't think so. I want Firestorm though.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I thought that redheaded kid in Halo and Fred with Two G's class was Ronnie.

I don't know why...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So quick question, how likely is it that the mother box that was taken apart is Orion's? Bear mentioned he was off world, so how did a mother box get to Bedlam?
    Probably came from the War Darkseid is waging.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought that redheaded kid in Halo and Fred with Two G's class was Ronnie.

I don't know why...
    Ronnie is a football player and that kid didn't look like an athlete to me. Maybe if professor Stein showed up as a teacher I'll be convinced.

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    One of them was Ron Evers - an Evil Cyborg from the 1980s. Other guy was credited as Sebastian Cardona, I think.
    Last edited by tako; 01-26-2019 at 05:33 PM.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    His interactions with his dad to just leaving with Halo this strange person he jus met felt slightly rushed, but at least they established his background and relationship with his father in prior eps.
    I don't know, really. It was sudden, but it didn't feel rushed, you know? Considering how bad everything is with his dad combined with how his life as he knew it pretty much ended for Vic, it feels right that Vic would up and leave with this new girl who shares some kind of connection with his condition and who seemed to cure his homicidal rage. As Vic tells Silas, he needs to be away from his father right now. Halo was just at the right place at the right time to leave.

Again, it was sudden, but not really rushed, I feel.

Those two football players that bullied Cisco, are they suppose to be Ronnie Raymond and Jason Rusch?
    It's mentioned that they weren't, but it'd be weird if they were. Especially one of them being Jason, who was fit and could box in the New 52 but who otherwise wasn't really a sports person, football least of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She and Cisco are depicted as normal high school students (although Harper would probably take issue with me calling her "normal").
    I see. Though there's no reason to think Harper would take issue being called "normal" just 'cause. Not in her character for that.

Looking forward to what their roles will eventually evolve into!

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    This show continues to surprise me with just how much if the DC universe they've been able to pack in it. Jason Todd, Damian Wayne, Orphan, Metamorpho, Cyborg, Cisco and Harper in there; that's amazing. They even brought in Holocaust from Milestone. Fingers crossed that we'll see Duke Thomas then I can die happy. I mean, he is an Outsider now. C'mon DC, just let me have this!
    Would be a dream-come-true to have Duke be in this show, especially if he were to be given some focus and spotlight!

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    One of them was Ron Evers - an Evil Cyborg from the 1980s. Other guy was credited as Sebastian Cardona, I think.
    If I'm not misremembering, Sebastian was a character that was used in David Walker's Cyborg run as part of Vic's supporting cast. He was said to be Vic's old football pal in high school. Not sure of his history and usage before that, though.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 01-26-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    I kinda hope they do that on this show, but would it be too meta to have an evil Cyborg played by Cyborg? Poor Zeno Robinson is surrounded by Khary Payton enough as it is .

Then again, "Doom Patrol Go!" shows that the creators aren't above going really meta.
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I see. Though there's no reason to think Harper would take issue being called "normal" just 'cause. Not in her character for that.
    It makes sense in the context of her appearance on the show.