Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Nightwing ordered people older than him when he led the Justice League in Post Crisis. It was weird the first time I see it too, but he put his foot down and called out... Green Arrow, I think, at the time, the same way he used to call out Batman's flaw.

I don't know how Young Justice Nightwing fare in comparison, I haven't watch it, but if he has the same presence and fire, then I can see it.
    Dick can lead anyone, regardless of age or beliefs. He's the next Superman in terms of heroes looking up to him. At least pre-reboot.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Nightwing ordered people older than him when he led the Justice League in Post Crisis. It was weird the first time I see it too, but he put his foot down and called out... Green Arrow, I think, at the time, the same way he used to call out Batman's flaw.

I don't know how Young Justice Nightwing fare in comparison, I haven't watch it, but if he has the same presence and fire, then I can see it.

I don't know....it just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. Nightwing ordering veteran heroes around. If it's done in a way that's believable I can accept it.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Nightwing is more of a veteran than most heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Nightwing is more of a veteran than most heroes.
    That was even a plot point for Dick's character in Young Justice. He was the youngest member of the team at 13 but had more experience than anyone else. (5 years)

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I don't know....it just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. Nightwing ordering veteran heroes around. If it's done in a way that's believable I can accept it.
    I think it works it the comics because, even though he's far younger, he started to become a superhero at the same time as the adult heroes. Some, he even start earlier. So when it comes to superhero life, he has more experience than at least half of them.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    That was even a plot point for Dick's character in Young Justice. He was the youngest member of the team at 13 but had more experience than anyone else. (5 years)
    How's that when Kaldur was training as a soldier since he was a child. Aqualad was fine as leader until plot dictated they had to have a bat character lead this group, now magically Dick is better. Yeah sounds like fan boys shenanigans.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Kaldur might’ve been training since he was a kid but wasn’t he Aqualad for roughly 6(ish) months shen the series started?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    It's gonna be strange seeing Black Lightning taking orders from Nightwing. I guess it all depends how it's done. Hopefully it's more of a co-lead thing.
    True. If not done carefully, it could easily come off in poor taste.

Eh, even with some of the stuff pulled off in comics-land, I don't think it would prevent things coming off in poor taste if mishandled here.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 01-04-2019 at 05:10 AM.

Incredible Member

I really wanted to see more of the JL/Team plot that happened in the first ep of season 3. Guess I gotta wait a week

Watched first 3 episodes really good start felt more like a mini movie to start the series than 3 separate episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    How's that when Kaldur was training as a soldier since he was a child. Aqualad was fine as leader until plot dictated they had to have a bat character lead this group, now magically Dick is better. Yeah sounds like fan boys shenanigans.
    There’s no magic about it, Dick is one of the most veteran super heroes in existence. We have literally seen him been doing it since he was a child.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-04-2019 at 10:11 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Some good stuff in the first three episodes, but it feels like they have too much to really focus on character yet. Black Lightning is probably most likeable, which is nice, but where's the "young" in "Young Justice"?

Also, it's nice that my girl Spoiler got an appearance, and is clearly part of the Batfamily. (No lines yet, though)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Seems they are introducing the Outsiders first, but there’s a lot of episodes to go. The YJ team will no doubt start to come in more soon enough. Personally Im probably most excited to see more about their take on Oracle. Seems they’re going the super secret even to other heros route.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-04-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Some good stuff in the first three episodes, but it feels like they have too much to really focus on character yet. Black Lightning is probably most likeable, which is nice, but where's the "young" in "Young Justice"?
    The characters grew up. I mean this is a Weisman show.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Kaldur never wanted to lead, he was grooming Dick and teaching him to take over. Plus on a meta/outside perspective this is the Titans of this universe which has always been Dick's team.