Page 41 of 96 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

I thought they were gonna pair Harper and Fred Bugg with 2 gs but Forager seems more affectionate with the bioship.

Extraordinary Member

Anybody else caught up enough to start speculating about the rest of the season when it come back? Particularly with a familiar character and plotline and how they might twist it?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Anybody else caught up enough to start speculating about the rest of the season when it come back? Particularly with a familiar character and plotline and how they might twist it?
    Have her go full Revolver Ocelot, she's a triple agent against Deathstroke, expect not she's actually working for ANOTHER secret organization but WAIT really her loyalty is to someone else.

I kid... mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    If you are speaking of Tara, I don't think they will twist it, and I think that's a good move; play it straight and make them as despicable as possible. If anything I think their twist on it should be to let her live and keep her around as a villain running around or have Brion be the one who take her out...permanently. I'm pretty sure she's gonna kill Jace.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

I’ve been thinking that someone could figure out what she’s doing, and confront her on it before she can really enact her betrayal, so we can really twist the old premise into a new shape. For instance, there’s one character who seems torn between the hero worlds and the villain worlds, even though they’ve conducted themselves honorably towards both by this point, and if Terra has been brainwashed a litt bit, this person has voiced concerns about their own mind that might tie into that...

...By which I mean Cheshire. She’s mentioned her inability to trust herself when getting patched up, and while I think most of her reasons for abandoning her family were genuine, I can’t help but think that Greg Weismann wouldn’t include that line where she’s worried about herself without reason, and she’s exactly the kind of quiet fan favorite who could play into a role of confronting Terra early.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    If you are speaking of Tara, I don't think they will twist it, and I think that's a good move; play it straight and make them as despicable as possible. If anything I think their twist on it should be to let her live and keep her around as a villain running around or have Brion be the one who take her out...permanently. I'm pretty sure she's gonna kill Jace.
    My guess? Tara Markov will be played as a straight up traitor. The twist will be that she isn't the only one.

I expect Jace to be in on this whole thing from the beginning. Maybe I'm just jaded, but it feels like she's been playing everyone since the moment they met, especially with how quickly Tara forgave her in this episode. If she doesn't wind up being a secret villain, I'm honestly going to be a little bit disappointed.

Plus it would absolutely destroy Black Lightning at this point, and that's drama you just don't pass up. Though you could get the same effect from having Tara kill Jace, so nothing surefire there.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    My guess? Tara Markov will be played as a straight up traitor. The twist will be that she isn't the only one.

I expect Jace to be in on this whole thing from the beginning. Maybe I'm just jaded, but it feels like she's been playing everyone since the moment they met, especially with how quickly Tara forgave her in this episode. If she doesn't wind up being a secret villain, I'm honestly going to be a little bit disappointed.

Plus it would absolutely destroy Black Lightning at this point, and that's drama you just don't pass up. Though you could get the same effect from having Tara kill Jace, so nothing surefire there.
    OOOOH that would be good. While I don't think Jace would be the turn coat, that may be because I've become pretty invested in her relationship with Black Lightning and the rest of the cast. If she turns out to be the traitor, it would be heartbreaking and therefore VERY effective. Regardless, she definitely has some hidden depths that she is holding back and I wonder what it is. Her maternal attachment to Halo, Brion, and Tara is pretty eyebrow raising. I think Tara "forgiving" her speaks more to Tara's deception than Jace's reliability but I can see how it could be a signal towards them being in cahoots.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    I don't remember seeing anyone named Cassandra Savage in the comics.
    The New 52 comics introduced another daughter for Vandal named Kassidy Savage, also known as Kass Sage.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/kass-sage/4005-82282/

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    OOOOH that would be good. While I don't think Jace would be the turn coat, that may be because I've become pretty invested in her relationship with Black Lightning and the rest of the cast. If she turns out to be the traitor, it would be heartbreaking and therefore VERY effective. Regardless, she definitely has some hidden depths that she is holding back and I wonder what it is. Her maternal attachment to Halo, Brion, and Tara is pretty eyebrow raising. I think Tara "forgiving" her speaks more to Tara's deception than Jace's reliability but I can see how it could be a signal towards them being in cahoots.
    She seems to be projecting the loss of her own daughter on the younger people she's involved with, but that in and of itself is suspicious since she was vague on what exactly happened to her child.

I think something is definitely going on with Jace.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

First few seconds show a sneak peek at the later half of season 3.

Enter the Wall!

Astonishing Member

So Suicide Squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    So Suicide Squad?
    That seems to be the case with Waller threatening to expose Aqualad and the "anti-Light" group if they don't stay quite about hers. Like how she did with Batman in Ostrander's run

Looks like the membership is Black Manta, Monsieur Mallah, and Captain Boomerang (but there are probably more then that).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That seems to be the case with Waller threatening to expose Aqualad and the "anti-Light" group if they don't stay quite about hers. Like how she did with Batman in Ostrander's run

Looks like the membership is Black Manta, Monsieur Mallah, and Captain Boomerang (but there are probably more then that).
    Kind of makes me wonder if they'll have Harley in this, considering how tied to the Suicide Squad she is.

Which reminds me; for how good Young Justice is, even their villains, their Joker was probably the most lackluster version I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Kind of makes me wonder if they'll have Harley in this, considering how tied to the Suicide Squad she is.
    I hope they don't feel forced to include Harley in this.

I do wonder if we'll see Deadshot make his first animated appearance (he was in the tie-in comic).
    Which reminds me; for how good Young Justice is, even their villains, their Joker was probably the most lackluster version I've seen.
    Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen much praise for Brent Spiner's Joker.

Speaking of Bat-villains, almost hard to believe they had David Franco as The Riddler, but he wasn't as big a star back then.

Spectacular Member

Really happy to see Manta back, wonder what he'll be getting up to or if he's just gonna be on the Squad all season.