Page 42 of 96 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

So Bleeding Cool is reporting that Kris Anka is going to be doing a 'Tim Drake sequence' for Young Justice #5. It's a pretty big get for Bendis.

The Tim sketch that Anka posted on his Twitter has me absolutely pumped. One of my favorite artists takes on one of my favorite characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    So Bleeding Cool is reporting that Kris Anka is going to be doing a 'Tim Drake sequence' for Young Justice #5. It's a pretty big get for Bendis.

The Tim sketch that Anka posted on his Twitter has me absolutely pumped. One of my favorite artists takes on one of my favorite characters.
    I guess we're getting the slow but sure artist jump with Bendis' move .

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    First few seconds show a sneak peek at the later half of season 3.

Enter the Wall!
    Looks amazing! Glad we'll see more of Kaldur!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Which reminds me; for how good Young Justice is, even their villains, their Joker was probably the most lackluster version I've seen.
    Wow, I completely forgot the Joker was in this show! What did he even do?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JinSoul View Post
    Wow, I completely forgot the Joker was in this show! What did he even do?
    He was part of the Injustice League and helped them out by using tech to control all the plants full of Joker Gas assault's on various cities... then he tried to kill everyone by blowing up a bunch of hidden gas bombs around the Injustice Leagues base then Batman punched him out and he was never seen again. That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    He was part of the Injustice League and helped them out by using tech to control all the plants full of Joker Gas assault's on various cities... then he tried to kill everyone by blowing up a bunch of hidden gas bombs around the Injustice Leagues base then Batman punched him out and he was never seen again. That's about it.
    He was also in the tie-in comic where Snapper Carr accidentally led him to Mt. Justice and he attacked the Justice League. I'm pretty sure that's why the League abandoned it as a base.

Snapper even mentioned it this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He was also in the tie-in comic where Snapper Carr accidentally led him to Mt. Justice and he attacked the Justice League. I'm pretty sure that's why the League abandoned it as a base.

I was surprised that got a shout out, it makes me love this show even more. That tie-in also showcased why Conner hated monkeys, I think.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I was surprised that got a shout out, it makes me love this show even more. That tie-in also showcased why Conner hated monkeys, I think.
    It makes you appreciate the tie-in comics even more .

It makes you appreciate the tie-in comics even more .
    I know, it's great.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Spectacular Member

I know, just didn't think to mention it. I remember a bit in that issue where Joker tries to stab Martian Manhunter.. only for his knife to shatter on him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm fine with YJ's take on Joker being low-key. Joker tends to be a screentime hog and a black hole character whenever he's used, so I'm happy the creators used him as they did and not dwelt on him otherwise. It gave us a chance to focus on other bad guys and such, like the new lease on the Sportsmaster's life.

Frankly speaking, I'd be okay with him never showing up or getting mentioned again in the show, though he might get another turn if they ever want to dwell on Oracle or likely-soon-to-be Red Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm fine with YJ's take on Joker being low-key. Joker tends to be a screentime hog and a black hole character whenever he's used, so I'm happy the creators used him as they did and not dwelt on him otherwise. It gave us a chance to focus on other bad guys and such, like the new lease on the Sportsmaster's life.

Frankly speaking, I'd be okay with him never showing up or getting mentioned again in the show, though he might get another turn if they ever want to dwell on Oracle or likely-soon-to-be Red Hood.
    I didn't really have a problem with him being more low-key but, while I get what they were going for, I don't think Brent Spiner was really able to sell that version of the character.

I could probably say the same for Riddler. Interesting take, but not my favorite.

I guess we're getting the slow but sure artist jump with Bendis' move .
    He's not jumping ship, despite reducing his Runaways commitments by handing over the interior art responsibility (he's still doing the covers). Not everyone signs exclusive.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

#2 came out. I'm starting to think the YJ crew are in their early adult ages. I believe Cassie is in college.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post

Not a fan of Anka in any way, so this isn't exactly the artist jump I was hoping for...