Page 43 of 96 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Just finished reading issue two, a fairly solid continuation of last issue. Things feel like they're coming together, but I think I may wait for the digital trade for the rest of the series. Just feels like it will read better in a single chunk.

Somewhat disappointed to discover that there wasn't a digital code in the issue. I don't buy DC single issues regularly enough to know how consistent they are with digital copies. Do they only have them for first issues? If so I don't think I'll bother with physical copies of the Wonder Comics titles at all.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

BANNED

Really liked issue #2, loved Cassie and her interactions. I think its the time ive liked it the best.

Some bendistalk still seeps in and its really annoying when it happens, but i can put up with that, its a quality book overall.

Overall Liked issue 2.

The Cassie story gave me enough to chew on and this was the neatest Zeus I've ever read.

Cons: Bendis speak and the Endless "Who are you?Where are you? You know each other? I have no idea" is just Ugh inducing.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Spectacular Member

Poor poor Despero reduced to this level of jobbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Poor poor Despero reduced to this level of jobbing.
    Bendis' issue with power levels reminds intact .

Extraordinary Member

The dialogue was imo really annoying. Especially during the Wonder Girl part.

And Despero should really a little bit more powerfull than this.

BANNED

Rather think WG is just that strong now. And I'm fine with that.

I have no problem with Cassie beating despro, can anyone enlighten me as to how he is being jobbed in this instance.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I have no problem with Cassie beating despro, can anyone enlighten me as to how he is being jobbed in this instance.
    Despero is a character who on numerous occasions has fought the Justice League to a standstill...Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter...all characters who should be more powerful than Cassie individually but it took them together to take him down. Here Cassie doesn't even seem to have to break a sweat to beat him down. There's several potential reasons for such a feat...she got the drop on him, he was disoriented for some reason, he was being mind controlled...but none of those were presented. It could have been that Grandpappy Z was responsible and used him as a way to get Cassie to feeling pretty good about herself and thought it would be easy to sway her to take up her place. None of that was presented though.

I am really enjoying what Bendis is doing here. I wasn't as much of a follower of him at Marvel and dont have a lot of the problems some people seem to have with him, but I did think this was a shortsighted effort for both the writer and character.

Extraordinary Member

Also Despero is usually someone who is the main villain of a story, and not some one who gets easily taken out in a few panels of a side plot.

BANNED

Pfft, Rogol Zarr is the new Despero.

I thought her dropping Despero seemed kind of odd to, but I still enjoyed the issue. Interested to see what Cassies story is in Rebirth.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Despero is a character who on numerous occasions has fought the Justice League to a standstill...Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter...all characters who should be more powerful than Cassie individually but it took them together to take him down. Here Cassie doesn't even seem to have to break a sweat to beat him down. There's several potential reasons for such a feat...she got the drop on him, he was disoriented for some reason, he was being mind controlled...but none of those were presented. It could have been that Grandpappy Z was responsible and used him as a way to get Cassie to feeling pretty good about herself and thought it would be easy to sway her to take up her place. None of that was presented though.

I am really enjoying what Bendis is doing here. I wasn't as much of a follower of him at Marvel and dont have a lot of the problems some people seem to have with him, but I did think this was a shortsighted effort for both the writer and character.
    Thanks I haven’t really heard much about the character but if this is the case it would seem that he was misrepresented, it could be that this wasn’t even the real Despero just something Zeus created as a test.

I don’t think legacies necessarily need to be weaker than their mentors, in fact it’s counterproductive but in this case I think we will discover more about this scene later on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I don’t think legacies necessarily need to be weaker than their mentors, in fact it’s counterproductive but in this case I think we will discover more about this scene later on.
    But they shouldn't have surpassed them when they are still teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But they shouldn't have surpassed them when they are still teenagers.
    They shouldn’t surpass them in skill or experience as teens, otherwise it makes the whole mentor/ student relationship moot. But in terms of strength I don’t see the issue.