Page 45 of 96 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Based on looks I would say they are 16 - 17 but the dialogue is ambiguous.

Attachment 78304
    How could anyone mistake her for Zatanna?

Like, Supergirl I could understand, but Zatanna ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I mean the fact that she didn't do any magic should have been a red flag...

I would have guessed spoiler

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Red and blue costume, long blonde hair, skirt.

Totally shoulda been Supergirl, but... Bendis.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Bendis more than likely just randomly thought of the name of a female superhero since the panel had a comedy gag.

This need to overthink things just to rag on minuscule details is strange especially b/c in a real life scenario this has happened and it's not always about looks and color, there have been instances of news or celebrity sites calling actors by different names and they're not even the same race ...one of the biggest factors is just remembering things wrong or not caring.

This thing where people are trying to highlight how Bendis doesn't do things logically when reality has shown differently is weird.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-09-2019 at 03:32 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Red and blue costume, long blonde hair, skirt.

Totally shoulda been Supergirl, but... Bendis.
    Or rather, the joke is about one C-List hero being mistaken for another. Being mistaken for Supergirl is being confused with an A-lister, it goes in the wrong direction. It isn't a comment on how Ginny doesn't recognize Wonder Girl, it's a comment on how little Ginny knows about heroes all together.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Bendis more than likely just randomly thought of the name of a female superhero since the panel had a comedy gag.

This need to overthink things just to rag on minuscule details is strange especially b/c in a real life scenario this has happened and it's not always about looks and color, there have been instances of news or celebrity sites calling actors by different names and they're not even the same race ...one of the biggest factors is just remembering things wrong or not caring.

This thing where people are trying to highlight how Bendis doesn't do things logically when reality has shown differently is weird.
    I just don't think the gag works so well to have somebody mistaken for a Superhero they look and act absolutely nothing like. It just makes DC civilians or whoever made the mistake seem kind of dumb .
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Or rather, the joke is about one C-List hero being mistaken for another. Being mistaken for Supergirl is being confused with an A-lister, it goes in the wrong direction. It isn't a comment on how Ginny doesn't recognize Wonder Girl, it's a comment on how little Ginny knows about heroes all together.
    Zatanna's not a C-Lister. I think Zatanna's a pretty high-grade B-lister, at best, and she's famous even outside her Superhero work.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I doubt every DC citizen knows all the DC heroes, what they look like or what their powers are.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I doubt every DC citizen knows all the DC heroes, what they look like or what their powers are.
    Probably, it just seems weird to me that somebody would just randomly yell out a random DC heroes name with virtually no basis for it, especially with such a disparity to the individual they are actually talking about.

I doubt we would see Batman or Flash in action and just say "Is that Green Lantern?"

Given the number of times the point is reiterated it’s clearly foreshadowing a future plot point. I doubt Bendis is doing it solely for comedy though the Zatana comment is clearly a joke. Depending on which continuity we are following Cassie should be either very well known given the events of Nu52 TT or at least recognisable, but since she has not been seen since rebirth we have no way of knowing what is now in universe and what has been discarded.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    No, I'm saying they should literally both be college aged. I'm not saying age them up for the sake of this event. I''m saying based on Detective comics, Tim was literally heading to college.
    Tim is 16 in Detective Comics. And he is probably 16 in Young Justice too.

Tim was going to College so young, because he is a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    If it's too confusing for them maybe they should just reboot so it's less confusing and more streamlined.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Sorry, but calling Cass "Zatanna" is DBZ world levels of stupid. And that's a world that believes an afro-wearing pro-wrestler defeated a giant super-powered bug that had wiped out entire cities.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Despero is a character who on numerous occasions has fought the Justice League to a standstill...Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter...all characters who should be more powerful than Cassie individually but it took them together to take him down. Here Cassie doesn't even seem to have to break a sweat to beat him down. There's several potential reasons for such a feat...she got the drop on him, he was disoriented for some reason, he was being mind controlled...but none of those were presented. It could have been that Grandpappy Z was responsible and used him as a way to get Cassie to feeling pretty good about herself and thought it would be easy to sway her to take up her place. None of that was presented though.

I am really enjoying what Bendis is doing here. I wasn't as much of a follower of him at Marvel and dont have a lot of the problems some people seem to have with him, but I did think this was a shortsighted effort for both the writer and character.
    Good points. Her defeating Despero did seem somewhat odd to me too. I hope she regains the lightning lasso also. I always thought that was a cool tool/weapon to use. I wonder if the gem Zeus tried to give her has something to do with Gemworld.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Good points. Her defeating Despero did seem somewhat odd to me too. I hope she regains the lightning lasso also. I always thought that was a cool tool/weapon to use. I wonder if the gem Zeus tried to give her has something to do with Gemworld.
    Not following YJ comics, but Bendis actually put Zeus in there?

Darkseid kind of killed him in Wonder Woman a few issues back...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Not following YJ comics, but Bendis actually put Zeus in there?

Darkseid kind of killed him in Wonder Woman a few issues back...
    There's a blurb that says this issue takes place before that.