Page 5 of 96 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Starting Young Justice, will be back after these 3 episodes.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Kaldur never wanted to lead, he was grooming Dick and teaching him to take over. Plus on a meta/outside perspective this is the Titans of this universe which has always been Dick's team.
    Does a Bat character always lead a team?

Kon93

STEEL

Awesome ppl,and watching 3 episodes at a time feels great

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Does a Bat character always lead a team?
    A Robin/Nightwing generally always led the Teen Titans or Titans. Donna was always Dick's second in command/co-leader.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I'm 1 and a half episodes in, my fear about the animation quality dropping turned out to be true. It's a minor gripe but something that is always there but the kickass voice acting team holds up those short comings. The animation also has that lame blood effect and showing bodies that the recent animated movies always do. That felt really out of place. The kinda Wally tribute at the end of episode 1 got me in the feels. Damn you DC.

Loved the check-in with Roy (I mean Will) and seeing Lian grow a bit makes me feel good. Seeing Garth and Donna in Ep. 2 only for a brief scene made me so damn happy, her costume is very uninspired but I love that she's a diplomat like Diana was. I love the fact that Garth has his purple eyes which a lot of artist forget to add. Young Justice is doing what they always do, take the overall history/legacy (the good and the bad) of the DCU and blend it together with original ideas for a new and familiar product that improves on those original mistakes. So far this season has that classic mix of Batman leaving for the Outsiders mixed Rebirth ideas like Grayson and certain design choices. Brion is probably my favorite of the new characters so far will jump back in after I finish the rest.

DC really upped the tone unsubtly this season, I get that they are no longer restricted by Cartoon Network on that front but the amount of blood and upfront killing feels off. When I think of killing in DC animated stuff I think of more clever ways around it like BTAS Robin's Reckoning with the shadows of Dick's parents then the broken rope swings in with the crowd's shocked reaction. That has stuck with me more than some other bloody upfront killing.

I like Black Lightning dealing with that grief and that death felt well done. Watch Failsafe from season 1 and you'll get what I mean. The whole team dies along with the League. The tension and grief is there but the deaths aren't so in your face about it.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

The world building in the show is like nothing else, man. Really strong stuff. The small character stuff is nice too. This would be what a DC cinematic universe functioned if I had my way. That all said, that animation change is noticeable.

Beast Boy as an "openly meta" celebrity, and using him at the start of episodes for a PSA is maybe contender for one of my favorite ideas of 2019. Got damn inspired.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    STEEL

Awesome ppl,and watching 3 episodes at a time feels great
    Tar played heavy in the Steel comic so i was hoping to see him there.

Spectacular Member

Welp knowing the laws of DRAMA I give it like 70% ether Conner or M'gann are gonna die.

Also it's nice to have a continuity where Lian exist and Roy is dadding.
    Last edited by Mojo; 01-04-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Wow! Just got through watching the first three episodes and my god is it so good! I really missed this show! Everything was great! The tone has definitely changed to be darker and the world building for this episode is insane! Props to the animation team! DC's greatest animated series is back with a bang!

Can't wait to see more of the team, err what's left of it.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Mighty Member

I just watched all three episodes. They were amazing but showing only three episodes is pretty stupid. Netflix, Hulu and other streaming streaming services gives us the whole season. I don’t know why DC Universe has to be different.

My fear was put to rest regarding the whole BL/Nightwing thing. It wasn’t as if Dick asked Jeff to jump and then answered “How high?”
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Saw the three episodes and wow. I'm so on board. Fantastic start. Loving Geo-force and Halo! The animation does feel weird but I got use to it. Seeing Kaldur put a huge smile on my face. Excited to see the teams in action now.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I just watched all three episodes. They were amazing but showing only three episodes is pretty stupid. Netflix, Hulu and other streaming streaming services gives us the whole season. I don’t know why DC Universe has to be different.

My fear was put to rest regarding the whole BL/Nightwing thing. It wasn’t as if Dick asked Jeff to jump and then answered “How high?”
    I guess they don't want people binging then dipping out? Honestly I feel like weekly series hold longer hype and conversation then binge series that drop all eps in one go.

I'm 1 and a half episodes in, my fear about the animation quality dropping turned out to be true. It's a minor gripe but something that is always there but the kickass voice acting team holds up those short comings. The animation also has that lame blood effect and showing bodies that the recent animated movies always do. That felt really out of place. The kinda Wally tribute at the end of episode 1 got me in the feels. Damn you DC.
    The animation felt off for me at the beginning but I think it picked up when the episodes went along, especially for the action sequences.
    Loved the check-in with Roy (I mean Will) and seeing Lian grow a bit makes me feel good. Seeing Garth and Donna in Ep. 2 only for a brief scene made me so damn happy, her costume is very uninspired but I love that she's a diplomat like Diana was. I love the fact that Garth has his purple eyes which a lot of artist forget to add. Young Justice is doing what they always do, take the overall history/legacy (the good and the bad) of the DCU and blend it together with original ideas for a new and familiar product that improves on those original mistakes. So far this season has that classic mix of Batman leaving for the Outsiders mixed Rebirth ideas like Grayson and certain design choices. Brion is probably my favorite of the new characters so far will jump back in after I finish the rest.
    It's hard for me to think of Roy as "Will" when I think of him as Roy more then I think of Arsenal/original Roy as "Roy." His beard also makes him look like Terry Long, which kind of amused me.

It's interesting to think that Artemis might be more a part of Lian's life then Cheshire is.

I'm glad they remembered Garth. It's also cool that Arthur gives his protege's such important jobs.

Donna was a nice surprise. I don't think that's her actual Superhero costume, but I hope we see her in action at some point. I wonder if "Troia" here is her Amazon name and Donna Troy is her Man's World identity?

I wasn't expecting Batman and Green Arrow to take their people off the Team, even if it makes sense. I'm guessing that's going lead to Tim and Cassie breaking up, and maybe Tim and Steph getting together? If they even have time to focus on the teen heroes with all the Outsiders stuff.
    DC really upped the tone unsubtly this season, I get that they are no longer restricted by Cartoon Network on that front but the amount of blood and upfront killing feels off. When I think of killing in DC animated stuff I think of more clever ways around it like BTAS Robin's Reckoning with the shadows of Dick's parents then the broken rope swings in with the crowd's shocked reaction. That has stuck with me more than some other bloody upfront killing.

I like Black Lightning dealing with that grief and that death felt well done. Watch Failsafe from season 1 and you'll get what I mean. The whole team dies along with the League. The tension and grief is there but the deaths aren't so in your face about it.
    I dunno, I think the death and killing in the episode was pretty mild compared to the movies, and they all had points to them.

It didn't feel like excessive death just to show that the stories are now more "mature" or "edgy," just appropriate or necessary to the story that was being told.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Beast Boy as an "openly meta" celebrity, and using him at the start of episodes for a PSA is maybe contender for one of my favorite ideas of 2019. Got damn inspired.
    I'm also glad Greg Cipes is using a more normal version of his Beast Boy voice. It makes just kind of shoving him in there because they couldn't get his old VA back seem less weird.

And dating Perdita? Does Gar have a thing for royal blondes? Although Perdita's not crazy like Terra.

I didn't care for "DC All Access" Courtney Whitmore though.

Its been six years and the show hasn't missed a beat
    I feel like waiting til the entire season is released so I can properly binge on the show
    The first half of the season is always different from the 2nd