Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    Cyborg disliking HIS OWN SUPERPOWER isn't great. Listen to what Cyborg says here. "I spent a lot of my childhood in these labs with my parents, and you wouldn't believe the things technology has done for me!" This Cyborg clearly didn't go "WHY COULDN'T YOU LET ME DIE?" upon waking up with cybernetics like EVERY OTHER VERSION besides mine and TTG's. It's literally been the same thing for years; I want Cyborg to have a more positive approach to his cybernetics at first.
    Standard blessing and curse scenario. Waking up to find your mother dead and your body so horribly mutilated that 90% of you no longer exists isn't exactly a pleasant scenario. Vic did what most people in his situation would have done. Because, in the heat of the moment, he's not seeing it as a super power. He's not thinking "Oh wow this is awesome! Now I can fight crime!". He's thinking about the mother he just lost. The body he just lost. His normal life was over. His potential football career that he worked so hard for was over. His humanity was essentially over. He'd be spending the rest of his life completely unable to blend in with society. Eventually he was able to move on and embrace what life had dealt him but it took finding his new calling as a hero and finding friends who could look past his appearance and help him grow and eventually embrace it.

It's part of what made Vic such a great character. He took one of the shittiest things that could possibly happen to someone, coped with the loss, and came out stronger. His hardships in the beginning make his journey all the more impactful. He kinda loses everything that made his story special if he's treating everything that happened to him like it was the coolest thing ever.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Standard blessing and curse scenario. Waking up to find your mother dead and your body so horribly mutilated that 90% of you no longer exists isn't exactly a pleasant scenario. Vic did what most people in his situation would have done. Because, in the heat of the moment, he's not seeing it as a super power. He's not thinking "Oh wow this is awesome! Now I can fight crime!". He's thinking about the mother he just lost. The body he just lost. His normal life was over. His potential football career that he worked so hard for was over. His humanity was essentially over. He'd be spending the rest of his life completely unable to blend in with society. Eventually he was able to move on and embrace what life had dealt him but it took finding his new calling as a hero and finding friends who could look past his appearance and help him grow and eventually embrace it.

It's part of what made Vic such a great character. He took one of the shittiest things that could possibly happen to someone, coped with the loss, and came out stronger. His hardships in the beginning make his journey all the more impactful. He kinda loses everything that made his story special if he's treating everything that happened to him like it was the coolest thing ever.
    In my version, Cyborg still has his mother, and also... HE ASKS FOR CYBERNETICS.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

I just hate what they did to Cyborg here. I don't care if it was the Father Box or not, he still TRIED TO KILL HIS DAD after angsting over being made 1/4 machine. ONE FOURTH MACHINE! Why can't we get a Happy Cyborg that likes his enhancements from the very start?
    Well, I guess we had Teen Titans cartoon Cyborg who only occasionally angsted about his cybernetics (but not much) though they never covered his origin on the show.

I can't fault YJ for what it's doing since at least it's directly going into the core of the character.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

That was a bad promo video, BUT I can't wait for the show to comeback.

Bring on the TTK

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I guess we had Teen Titans cartoon Cyborg who only occasionally angsted about his cybernetics (but not much) though they never covered his origin on the show.
    He was frustrated since nobody accepted him with his cybernetics. Look, I just want it to be 2019 instead of 1980 and people to accept Cyborg, who's happy he has a cool robotic body and both his parents are alive.

He's number #1000 on Characters Who Have a Depressing Backstory. Let's just have a happy character for a change.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Granny Goodness! Big Barda! And do I spot Bernadeth ?

I wonder what Superman is doing there...
    He was frustrated since nobody accepted him with his cybernetics. Look, I just want it to be 2019 instead of 1980 and people to accept Cyborg, who's happy he has a cool robotic body and both his parents are alive.

He's number #1000 on Characters Who Have a Depressing Backstory. Let's just have a happy character for a change.
    I mean, there are plenty of happy characters, and Cyborg eventually gets to that point, that's just not who he was at inception.

Astonishing Member

Look, my version of Cyborg didn't go through any of those things. He had a family who loved him, his dad cared about him, his mom doesn't die, and he got injured in an accident and his first response was to ask for cybernetics so he could be like the tokusatsu heroes he loved.
    It's not the Young Justice creative team's job to be faithful to your fan fiction version of Cyborg. All these things you dislike about the character have been there since the beginning.

Extraordinary Member

I can't fault YJ for what it's doing since at least it's directly going into the core of the character.
    what rational man would like being a cyborg, people being scared of you
    no longer being able to do what makes you happy

It sucks, he not like Starfire a giant orange lady the world accepts because she is beautiful and she become a world famous model and be accepted

Astonishing Member

Granny Goodness! Big Barda! And do I spot Bernadeth ?

I wonder what Superman is doing there...

I mean, there are plenty of happy characters, and Cyborg eventually gets to that point, that's just not who he was at inception.
    The problem is that the comic writers forget this. YJ Cyborg hasn't reached the self acceptance phase yet.

Meh promo but who cares? YJ is almost back.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

There are people who are actually like Cyborg in the real world with more than one limb missing such as wounded warriors and also with severe facial wounds. There was a chef I saw on a cooking show about a year ago that had his right side/ribs removed and replaced with prosthetics. And just recently I read an article about how amputees are now using 'futuristic type limbs' which looked very similar to Cyborg's. Amputees are now ditching the plastic human looking prosthetics. Atleast some are. I don't think that anyone should be afraid of Cyborg. If Cyborg was in the real world he wouldn't have a face plate. That's just a comic book thing.article-0-0E52288700000578-216_468x431.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    There are people who are actually like Cyborg in the real world with more than one limb missing such as wounded warriors and also with severe facial wounds. There was a chef I saw on a cooking show about a year ago that had his right side/ribs removed and replaced with prosthetics. And just recently I read an article about how amputees are now using 'futuristic type limbs' which looked very similar to Cyborg's. Amputees are now ditching the plastic human looking prosthetics. Atleast some are. I don't think that anyone should be afraid of Cyborg. If Cyborg was in the real world he wouldn't have a face plate. That's just a comic book thing.article-0-0E52288700000578-216_468x431.jpg
    Article @ amputee-coalition.org titled 'Neuroprosthetic Limbs:Exploring the Future of Prosthetics talks about the rapid advancement of prosthetics.

download.jpeg-1.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    Yes yes, their are people like him, this s usually Cyborg first big arc remembering he is not so different after all, except he tends to become more machine then man as time goes on so he has to relearn the lesson again. DC always made a bad choice picking him as their token for JL, no one gets hyped for the dude who is first to be torn apart because he can just be put back together, its as if he is worth less then the other members
    He's a mess

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Meh promo but who cares? YJ is almost back.
    I'm hyped for more New Gods and Big Barda .