Page 6 of 96 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The animation felt off for me at the beginning but I think it picked up when the episodes went along, especially for the action sequences.

It's hard for me to think of Roy as "Will" when I think of him as Roy more then I think of Arsenal/original Roy as "Roy." His beard also makes him look like Terry Long, which kind of amused me.

It's interesting to think that Artemis might be more a part of Lian's life then Cheshire is.

I'm glad they remembered Garth. It's also cool that Arthur gives his protege's such important jobs.

Donna was a nice surprise. I don't think that's her actual Superhero costume, but I hope we see her in action at some point. I wonder if "Troia" here is her Amazon name and Donna Troy is her Man's World identity?

I wasn't expecting Batman and Green Arrow to take their people off the Team, even if it makes sense. I'm guessing that's going lead to Tim and Cassie breaking up, and maybe Tim and Steph getting together? If they even have time to focus on the teen heroes with all the Outsiders stuff.

I dunno, I think the death and killing in the episode was pretty mild compared to the movies, and they all had points to them.

It didn't feel like excessive death just to show that the stories are now more "mature" or "edgy," just appropriate or necessary to the story that was being told.

I'm also glad Greg Cipes is using a more normal version of his Beast Boy voice. It makes just kind of shoving him in there because they couldn't get his old VA back seem less weird.

And dating Perdita? Does Gar have a thing for royal blondes? Although Perdita's not crazy like Terra.

I didn't care for "DC All Access" Courtney Whitmore though.
    Seeing the King and Queen's body felt excessive to me when the point was already done well with the sounds, then the blood reveal. You could ave Brion and Gregor run in and hear their cries of anguish. It's just a personal thing that would make it better to me.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Kon93

So happy with these 1st 3 episodes,no complaints,just lol fanboy wishes here and there.

Cant wait till.next Friday.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Seeing the King and Queen's body felt excessive to me when the point was already done well with the sounds, then the blood reveal. You could ave Brion and Gregor run in and hear their cries of anguish. It's just a personal thing that would make it better to me.
    Dead bodies happened in the DCAU which actually aired on TV. Now seeing Halo's face burnt off and dead in the ground - a kid - yeah that wouldn't have been on Cartoon Network.

I see they're taking not being on CN seriously, that scene with Halo getting her face melted by Plamus made me flinch.

I love BB's multimedia role
    Last edited by 9th.; 01-04-2019 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlyse View Post
    Dead bodies happened in the DCAU which actually aired on TV. Now seeing Halo's face burnt off and dead in the ground - a kid - yeah that wouldn't have been on Cartoon Network.
    Yeah I know. I mentioned some before in other posts, it's the way they are shown that I have an issue with. In the DCAU we see Batman possessed by Deadman shoot and kill Devil Ray. (Black Manta)

The show showed the blast which knocked him into an electrical box if I'm remembering correctly and then we see the shocked reactions and sounds of death. The main issue I have is that the tone shift from season 1 & 2 will be extremely jarring to season 3. I know it because I binged it from the start to the new episodes. Like I said it's a personal thing that bothers me and makes the show lose a bit of charm.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Spectacular Member

Also I gotta say I was worried when I heard Greg Crepies was taking over for Beast Boy but so far he's done a pretty damn good job at welll sounding like Beast Boy while also NOT sounding like Teen Titans animated Beast Boy too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Also I gotta say I was worried when I heard Greg Crepies was taking over for Beast Boy but so far he's done a pretty damn good job at welll sounding like Beast Boy while also NOT sounding like Teen Titans animated Beast Boy too much.
    Agreed. I'm glad they had him go with a more normal version of his Beast Boy voice. It makes the VA shift less jarring.

Quick thoughts

- I really like this DC universe set up, It is doing some of things I want to see in the real DC but I am especially happy with the Outsiders set up. It make so much sense to have another big superhero organization with in DC as sort of counter point to Justice League.It is proper set up for Superhero Civil War. Vigilantism versus Supervised Heroism.

- The Superhero politics are well done Metahumans as WMDs and restrictions place on Superheroes make real sense.

- Hardware and Kaizen Gamora they are also nicely mixing in Milestone and Wildstorm assets

- Young Justice isn't darker or gritter, This equivalent of comic code being remove from being on books. Telling a semi realistic mature story is always going to get you these results this is what a normal comic looks like and protections against violence have always been results of zealous censorship.

-The team choice/focus is a little weird. I mean I don't mind focus on Young Justice guys all grown up but show always been more about teen heroes. This feels like it should be a own spin off Outsiders show that we get after a real season of Young Justice

- Apparently that Cartoon Network money was legit

- This show pretty much shows that superhero companies and can move on from heroes if they were more brave, I don't blame them I get reasoning for keeping classic around but it shows you can move new characters up the food chain. Kaldur is example of that he was made Aquaman and Justice league chairman and felt natural.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Not disappointed by the first episodes of Young Justice, even if the tone is disturbing. I’ll wait and see.

And, guys, seeing Lian alive with her dad and aunt was the most wonderful gift since DC Universe Rebirth. Thank you Weisman !

Unfortunately I begin to have hopes for a Wally West return ...

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Not disappointed by the first episodes of Young Justice, even if the tone is disturbing. I’ll wait and see.

And, guys, seeing Lian alive with her dad and aunt was the most wonderful gift since DC Universe Rebirth. Thank you Weisman !

Unfortunately I begin to have hopes for a Wally West return ...
    I think Wally is coming back, I'm confident.

Happy new year everyone

I really liked the first three episodes, I still wanna see more of the team, but they probably will after this arc is over. I wonder if they plan to do a Judas Contract, since Terra was mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Happy new year everyone

I really liked the first three episodes, I still wanna see more of the team, but they probably will after this arc is over. I wonder if they plan to do a Judas Contract, since Terra was mentioned?
    I feel like some version of it will happen, whether she joins the team and betrays them or is just a straight up villain.

I just found it amusing that Beast Boy is dating a young, blonde, royal, it's just not Terra .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just found it amusing that Beast Boy is dating a young, blonde, royal, it's just not Terra .
    Unless she really is Terra in disguise! Dun dun duhhhhhhhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Unless she really is Terra in disguise! Dun dun duhhhhhhhhh!
    Don't cross the possibility