Page 60 of 96 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    I told y'all they weren't Outsiders.
    I was actually just thinking of you when I learned of the reveal. I couldn't recall your name, but I knew I recalled a frequenter in this thread from right before Season 3 first dropped (or right after) who insisted that The Outsiders was not the people most assumed they'd be and that they hadn't been formed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    There'll be an actual set of "Outsiders" by episode 17.
    Not to condone "horn tooting", but you even got it correct down to the exact episode...
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 07-13-2019 at 05:56 AM.

He’s not guessing...
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-13-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I never expected BeastBoy to be taking lead like this, but its about time he has in some form
    unfortunately I am not invested in this team of outsiders,

I see why S1 and 2 incapacitated the JL it limited the scope of characters we had to deal with. Now we have 7 teams of characters to follow, In fact does nightwing even have a team, he was technically just running his own stuff, then he agreed to help thease kids he roped in, but violet and brion are fine now. So where does that leave him?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I never expected BeastBoy to be taking lead like this, but its about time he has in some form

I see why S1 and 2 incapacitated the JL it limited the scope of characters we had to deal with. Now we have 7 teams of characters to follow, In fact does nightwing even have a team, he was technically just running his own stuff, then he agreed to help thease kids he roped in, but violet and brion are fine now. So where does that leave him?
    A key player in the “anti-light” inner circle that’s pulling all the strings in the caped community.

Fantastic Member

I love young justice

But this really needs to be about 4-5 different shows all working towards a finale battle.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I was actually just thinking of you when I learned of the reveal. I couldn't recall your name, but I knew I recalled a frequenter in this thread from right before Season 3 first dropped (or right after) who insisted that The Outsiders was not the people most assumed they'd be and that they hadn't been formed yet.
    I'm still kind of bummed we're not getting the classic team together. Like, will Halo even meet Katana at this rate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This has probably been the most capable Beast Boy's been depicted in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    A key player in the “anti-light” inner circle that’s pulling all the strings in the caped community.
    Not sure how much screentime that will guarantee. I think we're still due a lot more with the Batman Inc. kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Or maybe we could just replace Geo-Force with Terra. In the comics, they basically have the same powers, and it would give a bit more added star power. Beast Boy, Impulse, Tim, Cassie, Conner, Virgil, Tara, and Miguel would be a nice team.

The only issue is that Virgil may be off limits and if he is, I'd add Jennifer Pierce. It's about time the Pierce girls get their original origins back.
    I like Terra and she does bring star power but she's another blonde. That's why i said add Traci (brunette) or Anita (red head) to contrast Cassie.

My team would be Tim, Kon, Cassie, Bart, Jaime, Traci, Virgil and Anita. Miguel, Lorena and Megan as reserve members.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He’s not guessing...
    I'm guessing just a little bit.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

I really enjoyed the latest issue of YJ and their hopping across the multiverse - it was a nice splash of Peter David-ness in tone. Based on what Fate was saying, I hope the next Earth they bounce to is Earth 16 or Earth 3. I can see the Kingdom Come characters seeing Earth 16 as a particularly bad Earth and I'd love to see the YJers encounter the Crime Syndicate.

The YJ animated series is pretty much everything I want in comics and superhero shows. Weisman and team's ability to introduce lots of lead, supporting, and new characters in an interestingly and meaningful way is amazing. And it's so hard to do - showing a character's attitude and character with with their design, maybe a few lines of dialogue, or sometimes just a silent reaction. I love how even little things introduced in one season, may show up later in another season, allowing the audience to fill the blanks. In that sense I love how all the characters show growth and change whether a lead, supporting, or side character based on the circumstances we revisit them in now. It's impossible to get every detail of every journey of every character, but they do an excellent job of writing and acting to let you know where a character is at now in a satisfying way.

The other thing about the series, it's a massive world-tour of the DCU. The idea that we're seeing characters spanning Windfall to Gilotina in the space of an episode or two is triumphant. The richness with which they dig into the DCU and the fresh interconnections between characters hasn't ever been this fun. JLU is close, but not nearly as satisfyingly soap and space opera-y. The cast of thousands approach really works for them.

Four things I'd love to see Weisman and team helm and tackle next, based on my POV and enjoyment of the above:

1. Gargoyles: The Return: A new animated series about the Gargoyles on Disney+.

2. The Legion of Superheroes: Clearly Weisman can tackle and make interesting an animated legion of future teen heroes and foes.

3. A Batman animated series: Include everyone eventually... all the way to Flamebird, Bluebird, Signal, etc.

4. A Wonder Woman animated series: Diana deserves her animated due and I think Weisman and team could handle and leverage the action/adventure, political, and superhero elements of the character and balance and interconnect it with all the mythological, fantasy, sci-fi, and crimefighter components of her mythos. In particular, I'd love to see them revive her costumed supervillains, much like BTAS did for Batman's foes.

I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen a suited up Flamebird yet to be honest. Batwoman is active so she could probably use a sidekick...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen a suited up Flamebird yet to be honest. Batwoman is active so she could probably use a sidekick...
    Maybe Bluebird will become Batwoman's sidekick?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I really enjoyed the latest issue of YJ and their hopping across the multiverse - it was a nice splash of Peter David-ness in tone. Based on what Fate was saying, I hope the next Earth they bounce to is Earth 16 or Earth 3. I can see the Kingdom Come characters seeing Earth 16 as a particularly bad Earth and I'd love to see the YJers encounter the Crime Syndicate.

The YJ animated series is pretty much everything I want in comics and superhero shows. Weisman and team's ability to introduce lots of lead, supporting, and new characters in an interestingly and meaningful way is amazing. And it's so hard to do - showing a character's attitude and character with with their design, maybe a few lines of dialogue, or sometimes just a silent reaction. I love how even little things introduced in one season, may show up later in another season, allowing the audience to fill the blanks. In that sense I love how all the characters show growth and change whether a lead, supporting, or side character based on the circumstances we revisit them in now. It's impossible to get every detail of every journey of every character, but they do an excellent job of writing and acting to let you know where a character is at now in a satisfying way.

The other thing about the series, it's a massive world-tour of the DCU. The idea that we're seeing characters spanning Windfall to Gilotina in the space of an episode or two is triumphant. The richness with which they dig into the DCU and the fresh interconnections between characters hasn't ever been this fun. JLU is close, but not nearly as satisfyingly soap and space opera-y. The cast of thousands approach really works for them.

Four things I'd love to see Weisman and team helm and tackle next, based on my POV and enjoyment of the above:

1. Gargoyles: The Return: A new animated series about the Gargoyles on Disney+.

2. The Legion of Superheroes: Clearly Weisman can tackle and make interesting an animated legion of future teen heroes and foes.

3. A Batman animated series: Include everyone eventually... all the way to Flamebird, Bluebird, Signal, etc.

4. A Wonder Woman animated series: Diana deserves her animated due and I think Weisman and team could handle and leverage the action/adventure, political, and superhero elements of the character and balance and interconnect it with all the mythological, fantasy, sci-fi, and crimefighter components of her mythos. In particular, I'd love to see them revive her costumed supervillains, much like BTAS did for Batman's foes.
    Disney clearly has no interest in doing anything with Gargoyles. I just wished they would sell the franchise to Weisman who could then finally get back into the series and expand it as he had intentioned (he even wanted Goliath and Eliza to adopt a child at some point).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Disney clearly has no interest in doing anything with Gargoyles. I just wished they would sell the franchise to Weisman who could then finally get back into the series and expand it as he had intentioned (he even wanted Goliath and Eliza to adopt a child at some point).
    We'll see. The market keeps changing and Disney+ will change things as well. I'll remain optimistic for my stony friends.

Astonishing Member

Not going to happen. Disney buying Marvel pretty much negated that since Gargoyles was meant to be Disney's Marvel Universe knockoff even with their own version of Eternals/Inhumans (the New Olympians).

Astonishing Member

Most people wouldn't identify Gargoyles as a super-hero property any more than they would Harry Potter.