Page 78 of 96 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1437

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He didn't stand up for Billy because he's pro-lying. He stood up for him because he took Billy seriously as a hero despite his age.

That whole conversation went into how Batman doesn't view Robin as a child soldier. He doesn't want Robin to end up like him.

I think the show has about as many jokes as the average serious DCAU episodes. Maybe the jokes just aren't as overt or cartoonish because of the designs and setting compared to, say, the DCAU.

You catch a glimpse of blonde hair when she's walking around. It's definitely Saturn Girl.

Unless surprise Supergirl appearance .
    I'm about 80% Saturn Girl, 20% Supergirl. And Kara is only that high because I'm surprised she hasn't been used on the show thus far, despite being probably the second best known legacy behind Dick to the general public.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think it's possible that the general public knows who Kara Zor-El is more than who Dick Grayson is, though the amount of people that know Robin compared to Supergirl is a different story. But yeah - it's a wonder that she hasn't been used here yet.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Wasn't Firestorm supposed to show up? Or Ronnie Raymond? I remember the leak mentioning him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Once as TT when he was on the date with Cassie and then a future Version of him showed up and the TT were then attacked in their tower. This was also when they meet the Titans of Tomorrow the first time.
    It's more complicated than that. Connor got dragged into the future (during the date) where he joins the DnA LoSH fighting against Darkseid. Then he comes back (immediately from Cassies's POV) and gets the Johns era Titans and they join the post-ZH Legion to fight the Fatal Five who have become the Fatal Thousand.

Asking because I haven't gotten a chance to view them yet.

Does Static do anything interesting, or even anything of note, within the last 3 eps?

Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post
    Asking because I haven't gotten a chance to view them yet.

Does Static do anything interesting, or even anything of note, within the last 3 eps?
    ...No. Actually he sits out on the big fight with Granny Goodness because he's consoling Black Lightning.

Spectacular Member

Wasn't Firestorm supposed to show up? Or Ronnie Raymond? I remember the leak mentioning him.
    I think Ronnie was name dropped in one of Cyborgs introduction episodes but that's it.

Really he seems like a perfect fit for this show, even comes with a built in mentor usually lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    I think Ronnie was name dropped in one of Cyborgs introduction episodes but that's it.

Really he seems like a perfect fit for this show, even comes with a built in mentor usually lol.
    I remember people thinking that black kid with the Cyborg voice who was pals with Vic might be a race-bent version but I think it was someone from Cyborg's solo comic.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think the show has about as many jokes as the average serious DCAU episodes. Maybe the jokes just aren't as overt or cartoonish because of the designs and setting compared to, say, the DCAU.
    The designs for the CW Arrowverse shorts and the DC Animated Movie continuity are identical, as they are both done by the wonderful Phil Bourassa, but I think those have done a better job of using humor to punctuate the self-seriousness. Granted, the batting average of those movies is far lower than YJ has maintained in terms of overall quality.

It's fair to say the tone of the DCAU was probably more my cup of tea, despite having its own issues. I think it maintained the seriousness/humor balance better than YJ has thus far. Like I've said earlier, I'm optimistic that Weisman & co. are trying to course correct and they'll be able to nail the tone a little better next season while also dialing back the moral ambiguity of the League thanks to their new chairman (who I am very happy about).

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The designs for the CW Arrowverse shorts and the DC Animated Movie continuity are identical, as they are both done by the wonderful Phil Bourassa, but I think those have done a better job of using humor to punctuate the self-seriousness. Granted, the batting average of those movies is far lower than YJ has maintained in terms of overall quality.

It's fair to say the tone of the DCAU was probably more my cup of tea, despite having its own issues. I think it maintained the seriousness/humor balance better than YJ has thus far. Like I've said earlier, I'm optimistic that Weisman & co. are trying to course correct and they'll be able to nail the tone a little better next season while also dialing back the moral ambiguity of the League thanks to their new chairman (who I am very happy about).
    I guess the CWSeed shows have a bit more humor in them from the Arrowverse writers, but again I think YJ has enough humor in it's own right. It's not a show that goes without jokes or levity, even if one may disagree with the execution. But I'd say the humor is on-par with the animated movies, just with less dirty jokes.

I don't think they really feel a need to course-correct. The show's tone has remained relatively consistent, if adjusting to being a little more serious or dark for various reasons, so I don't think they see a need to change things up.

I don't think they really feel a need to course-correct. The show's tone has remained relatively consistent, if adjusting to being a little more serious or dark for various reasons, so I don't think they see a need to change things up.
    If you're enjoying the show as it is, that makes sense, but the show isn't quite clicking with me and plenty of others, so I think there's still room for improvement. The show is certainly popular, so I don't think we'll see a massive change in tone, but that's no reason to not try to make things better.

I don't think anyone working on Young Justice think the show is perfect and thus incapable of improvement.

If you're enjoying the show as it is, that makes sense, but the show isn't quite clicking with me and plenty of others, so I think there's still room for improvement. The show is certainly popular, so I don't think we'll see a massive change in tone, but that's no reason to not try to make things better.

I don't think anyone working on Young Justice think the show is perfect and thus incapable of improvement.
    I think that's probably true for any work, or at least ideally it is, but I think they likely feel they have more of an issue of balancing all the characters and story then they do humor.

I think that's probably true for any work, or at least ideally it is, but I think they likely feel they have more of an issue of balancing all the characters and story then they do humor.
    While I agree completely that's a problem YJ has, I dunno about them. If they really thought that balancing too many characters was a problem, they wouldn't be about to introduce the LSH, which is infamous for how daunting its sprawling membership

While I agree completely that's a problem YJ has, I dunno about them. If they really thought that balancing too many characters was a problem, they wouldn't be about to introduce the LSH, which is infamous for how daunting its sprawling membership
    Really depends on how they do that though. It could simply be a core group, like the New Gods/Forever People when they first appeared. Rather than throw the entire New Genesis cast at Young Justice, they kept it to a handful of characters.

And even this season, they focused mainly on the core group of YJ, plus Tara (when she came on), Brion, Violet, and Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Really depends on how they do that though. It could simply be a core group, like the New Gods/Forever People when they first appeared. Rather than throw the entire New Genesis cast at Young Justice, they kept it to a handful of characters.

And even this season, they focused mainly on the core group of YJ, plus Tara (when she came on), Brion, Violet, and Jefferson.
    Yeah, the show definitely tries to move the focus around each season, but, as the show has continued, I never feel like everyone is getting their due. They certainly do their best, but it's a very difficult thing to do with so many characters to service. Even if they only introduce Saturn Girl (which I think is unlikely), that's one more character in a show that already has more than a dozen major characters that will all be jockeying for screen-time.