Page 81 of 96 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1437

I still can’t get myself to support the YJ comic. I’m just not a fan of the lineup, outside of the YJ4. Where’s Jaime? Virgil? Traci? Anita?
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I still can’t get myself to support the YJ comic. I’m just not a fan of the lineup, outside of the YJ4. Where’s Jaime? Virgil? Traci? Anita?
    Background fodder

From all the complaints about Static boil down to his wanting a girlfriend. That is the most memorable thing he did. If that is the case-that is pure tokenism.

I'm just not sure if Bendis is ever going to do enough with these other characters. Seem like the YJ4 are still the ones mostly driving the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    From all the complaints about Static boil down to his wanting a girlfriend. That is the most memorable thing he did. If that is the case-that is pure tokenism.
    That's the show, not the comic though.

I wonder if Virgil ever got a girlfriend ?

He also had that scene of supporting Black Lightning after he had that emotional upheaval once the Anti-Light was revealed.

I don't know if it's pure tokenism when there are plenty of other black characters on the show who are active and have their own storylines. I mean, Kaldur? Black Lightning? If you're a fan of Static I can understand being disappointed though. But he still had action sequences along with the other Team/Outsider kids and there's always next season.

He certainly got more to do then the Batman Inc. kids did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefuly he does, more so we don't have to hear that overused joke again.

Yes, I know that joke was only in that episode, but it was the most focus he got, and it got boring quickly lol.

He also had that scene of supporting Black Lightning after he had that emotional upheaval once the Anti-Light was revealed.
    Too bad we don't hear him talk during that, sure, showing the support is cool, but in that situation with Jefferson being just depressed at being betrayed twice (The leaders of each group with their dumbass secret plans and Jace), some dialogue was really needed.

Seriously, YJ should really try better to get the voice actors to record lines in advance, the occasional silence is really awkward and noticeable (Like every time Tim is quiet despite getting some focus lol).

I don't know if it's pure tokenism when there are plenty of other black characters on the show who are active and have their own storylines. I mean, Kaldur? Black Lightning? If you're a fan of Static I can understand being disappointed though. But he still had action sequences along with the other Team/Outsider kids and there's always next season.
    I honestly find it odd that Static got the most development out of Runaways, was the only one of them who decided to be a hero, got that new design for season 3, and he was just an extra for most of it...

Sure, maybe next season he'll get some focus besides being a "I need a girlfriend!" joke, but it's disapointing that this one didn't bother, and with the next season getting Legion related **** (At the very least one character), I'm not holding my breath for Virgil...

Eh, both Static and Batman Inc. kids only got some focus in one episode and then, nothing for Batman Inc. kids afterwards, and Static only got two scenes with Jefferson with no dialogue beyond random cameos (Which, doesn't seem to have made him feel better as he was still looking depressed once Static went home), so Static is only marginaly better

Funny that Static is there in the final episode in that invasion to Markovia, but, he's on the team that did their battle off-screen lol.

I'm just not sure if Bendis is ever going to do enough with these other characters. Seem like the YJ4 are still the ones mostly driving the book.

That's the show, not the comic though.

I don't think it's tokenism but more of a budget problem. This season felt like they were trying to do what they wanted for season 3 but had half the budget to do it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Too bad we don't hear him talk during that, sure, showing the support is cool, but in that situation with Jefferson being just depressed at being betrayed twice (The leaders of each group with their dumbass secret plans and Jace), some dialogue was really needed.

Seriously, YJ should really try better to get the voice actors to record lines in advance, the occasional silence is really awkward and noticeable (Like every time Tim is quiet despite getting some focus lol).
    Or how about Violet not saying anything when Brion goes Black Adam? Or Brion when he's talking to Dr. Jace about Violet? Or Cyborg after the episode where he becomes Cyborg?
    I honestly find it odd that Static got the most development out of Runaways, was the only one of them who decided to be a hero, got that new design for season 3, and he was just an extra for most of it...

Sure, maybe next season he'll get some focus besides being a "I need a girlfriend!" joke, but it's disapointing that this one didn't bother, and with the next season getting Legion related **** (At the very least one character), I'm not holding my breath for Virgil...
    I wasn't expecting the show to end up doing more with El Dorado so I wouldn't rule it out.

I'm glad they gave Cassie plenty to do this season.
    Eh, both Static and Batman Inc. kids only got some focus in one episode and then, nothing for Batman Inc. kids afterwards, and Static only got two scenes with Jefferson with no dialogue beyond random cameos (Which, doesn't seem to have made him feel better as he was still looking depressed once Static went home), so Static is only marginaly better

Funny that Static is there in the final episode in that invasion to Markovia, but, he's on the team that did their battle off-screen lol.
    He at least got a few action scenes and dialogue in several episodes which is definitely more then any of the Batman inc. kids got.
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I don't think it's tokenism but more of a budget problem. This season felt like they were trying to do what they wanted for season 3 but had half the budget to do it.
    It definitely felt like the show had to accommodate such a large cast despite only being able to afford to have only a few VA's to come into the booth, hence all the moments where characters were there only to say absolutely nothing even when major plot relevant stuff happens to them.

I mean, all cartoons make as much use of their limited cast as they can but it felt especially true for Young Justice this season.

I don't know if, content-wise, it was a budget issue so much as the creators only having a limited time to get to everything they need to address/develop. I mean, look at how little they did with Batman Inc. Or The Team.

Maybe if the tie-in comic had still been running some of this could have been addressed there.

Or how about Violet not saying anything when Brion goes Black Adam? Or Brion when he's talking to Dr. Jace about Violet? Or Cyborg after the episode where he becomes Cyborg?
    Funny you mention Brion going Black Adam, since he did show up, once, and he was nothing more than a simple brute.

With the kind of character Black Adam is, he'd actualy be fitting to be part of the Light as one of its leaders, because he's actualy smart, and if they made him be king of Kahndaq, then all the more reason, but we instead get Brion becoming a poor man's Black Adam lol.

I wasn't expecting the show to end up doing more with El Dorado so I wouldn't rule it out.
    Good point, I honestly had forgotten he was in season 2 lol.

I'm glad they gave Cassie plenty to do this season.
    Hm, seemed to be about the same as season 2 as far as fights went, but she did have more dialogue this time so we got to see more of her personality, and there was that scene with her mother too, funny that for such a secondary character, she got a decent ammount of development.

Maybe if the tie-in comic had still been running some of this could have been addressed there.
    Any chances they'd make another tie-in comic? Then again, probably pretty low chances since YJ got relaunched, but it could go with "Young Justice: Outsiders" to separate from that.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Background fodder

I was more so talking about the comic rather than the show but yeah he should’ve gotten more development than he did. Although for the girlfriend bit, I can see him and Cassie ending up together. Seems like that’s being hinted at. Tim and Cassie definitely aren’t lasting as a couple.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

GAMESQ

For me the last season of Young Justice represented the smartest show on TV. The ending of this season was not what I wanted but it was better than good. A show that puts you through your paces and provides a lot of Easter-eggs and requires you to recall things that you have seen in previous seasons. I love this show.

Funny you mention Brion going Black Adam, since he did show up, once, and he was nothing more than a simple brute.

With the kind of character Black Adam is, he'd actualy be fitting to be part of the Light as one of its leaders, because he's actualy smart, and if they made him be king of Kahndaq, then all the more reason, but we instead get Brion becoming a poor man's Black Adam lol.
    It feels like they're setting up Markovia to be similar to mainline Kahndaq, just with Brion as a puppet ruler instead of the kind of ruler Black Adam is.
    Good point, I honestly had forgotten he was in season 2 lol.
    I sometimes forget about the Runaway kids myself...well, except for Virgil.
    Any chances they'd make another tie-in comic? Then again, probably pretty low chances since YJ got relaunched, but it could go with "Young Justice: Outsiders" to separate from that.
    I wouldn't rule it out.
    I was more so talking about the comic rather than the show but yeah he should’ve gotten more development than he did. Although for the girlfriend bit, I can see him and Cassie ending up together. Seems like that’s being hinted at. Tim and Cassie definitely aren’t lasting as a couple.
    I feel the same. It just seemed kind of noticeable that the two seemed to always be talking to each other or Virgil was concerned about Cassie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The 2nd half of the show really feels like DC took an axe to the budget. I think the production team claiming the show will focus on a smaller cast next season is absolutely a response to the budget issue. Though I wonder what bts stuff lead to the budget issue in the first place.

An easy example of the lack of negative consequences is in season 3 itself, we have that magician dude (I can never remember his name lol), Zatanna managed to trap him in Dr. Fate's tower, which he couldn't escape from no matter what, that could be a huge blow on the Light to lose one of its main members, but he inexplicably managed to escape as we see him in later episodes
    Actually how the end credits for that episode end, it does imply that he escapes. It just took awhile. But even if he didn't escape, I imagine he would have been replaced easily by Wizard/Wotan/Blackbriar Thorn/Felix Faust like how Ocean Master was replaced by Black Manta who was then replaced by Gretchen, Ra's by Deathstroke or Brain by Ultra-Humanite. I think season 2 and 3 (and some of the non-canonical background stuff) really demonstrated that the Light ultimately can absorb these losses and probably have new members waiting to replace their lost members.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 09-03-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Bendis wanted to use Static but DC said he couldn’t, probably due to the ongoing lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The 2nd half of the show really feels like DC took an axe to the budget. I think the production team claiming the show will focus on a smaller cast next season is absolutely a response to the budget issue. Though I wonder what bts stuff lead to the budget issue in the first place.
    I don't know if it was a budget thing so much as listening to the complaints that the show focuses on too many disparate characters.
    Actually how the end credits for that episode end, it does imply that he escapes. It just took awhile. But even if he didn't escape, I imagine he would have been replaced easily by Wizard/Wotan/Blackbriar Thorn/Felix Faust like how Ocean Master was replaced by Black Manta who was then replaced by Gretchen, Ra's by Deathstroke or Brain by Ultra-Humanite. I think season 2 and 3 (and some of the non-canonical background stuff) really demonstrated that the Light ultimately can absorb these losses and probably have new members waiting to replace their lost members.
    He's a Lord of Chaos. I think it's pretty much impossible to permanently defeat/imprison him otherwise Nabu/Dr. Fate would've done it by now.

Yeah, that's why I said it only makes sense in a logical point of view, since it's just fairplay considering that, but, y'know, it's just boring to have super pragmatic characters who are okay to accept such huge losses since it's the most logical route, since keeping the alliance means he'll still have allies on Earth with important positions, which is better for the long term, but it makes them not have a personality (It's why I don't care much for The Light, and Kaldur'ahm), since a proper Darkseid would never accept any sort of betrayal, even if it's not pragmatic to have revenge, but hey, YJ does like to overwank its villains and not let 'em have any real negative consequences.
    This complaint is and always has been a huge exaggeration. At the very least, it hasn't been true since season 1 where the heroes were largely ignorant of who their enemies truly were. They've had members either get kicked out, killed or sent to prison, lost Halo in this season, their plans to use the Reach had to be cut short;. The Light aren't invincible, they're just tenacious like the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This complaint is and always has been a huge exaggeration. At the very least, it hasn't been true since season 1 where the heroes were largely ignorant of who their enemies truly were. They've had members either get kicked out, killed or sent to prison, lost Halo in this season, their plans to use the Reach had to be cut short;. The Light aren't invincible, they're just tenacious like the heroes.
    I'm still waiting for someone to take Queen Bee out. All the Light are kind of insufferable villains but Queen Bee's been asking for a comeuppance since season 1.

At least they're finally knocking Lex down a peg.