Page 83 of 96 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1437

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Given the age gap between Tim & Damian on the show, I wouldn’t be surprised if there is nobody active as Robin by the time Damian’s old enough to take the mantle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh yeah, this time around Tim might be in his late 20's by the time Damian is old enough to be Robin.
    Wasn't Damian artificialy aged in the comics? Sure, comic books being stupid when doing that, but it's still a possibility.

Perhaps though, they kept Damian as a baby so it takes forever for him to debut as Robin, 'cause if he isn't artificialy aged, I doubt there'll be a time skip to age him up to like, 12, in season 4.

Actualy, thinking of it, Bruce would be too old too... Like, let's say he's in his late 20's in season 1, by season 2 he's 5 years older, and season 3 it's like, 2 more? That's 7 years, plus 12 more, 19 years, Bruce would be almost 50, and I'm mentioning this because, maybe they kept Damian really young for him to age up naturaly so he can eventualy be partnered with Dick as Batman, even if it starts with him being Bruce's partner, it's possible they'll want for Dick to take that mantle and retire Bruce, just spitballing though, but possible considering they could've shown Damian way older than being just a baby.

Funny to think about the possibility of, eventualy, another generation of heroes showing up, and the characters who were part of the Team to be an old generation.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 09-03-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Wasn't Damian artificialy aged in the comics? Sure, comic books being stupid when doing that, but it's still a possibility.

Perhaps though, they kept Damian as a baby so it takes forever for him to debut as Robin, 'cause if he isn't artificialy aged, I doubt there'll be a time skip to age him up to like, 12, in season 4.

Actualy, thinking of it, Bruce would be too old too... Like, let's say he's in his late 20's in season 1, by season 2 he's 5 years older, and season 3 it's like, 2 more? That's 7 years, plus 12 more, 19 years, Bruce would be almost 50, and I'm mentioning this because, maybe they kept Damian really young for him to age up naturaly so he can eventualy be partnered with Dick as Batman, even if it starts with him being Bruce's partner, it's possible they'll want for Dick to take that mantle and retire Bruce, just spitballing though, but possible considering they could've shown Damian way older than being just a baby.

Funny to think about the possibility of, eventualy, another generation of heroes showing up, and the characters who were part of the Team to be an old generation.
    Am I the only one that noticed that Jon Kent is a toddler in the show while Damian is a baby? Damian is 3 years older and was already a hero long before Jon started so it makes sense that Damian is artificially aged up to a point where he is a few years older than Jon. That + time skip could easily make him 10 in season 4 the age he became Robin. Though in Batman and Son Damian was younger than 10 when he met Bruce.

It seems more probable that they go this way than introduce a new generation that starts when Bruce is in his 50's -60's, Dick is in his late 30's and Tim is in his late 20's.

I'm really hoping he is artificially aged since I really want to see Robin Damian and from the response to the last season i don't think they'll get a 5th season.
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-04-2019 at 03:25 AM.

Fantastic Member

The Heretic, the clone that "killed" him certainly was, DC hasn't been entirely consistent on whether Damian was, but it's at least possible.

As the timeskips seem to be getting shorter (not counting [I]Young Justice: Legacy[I]) I think a big timeskip to allow for Damian as Robin - especially as The Team/Outsiders implicitly have a minimum biological age of thirteen - seems unlikely.

Actually, it's a lot worse than that, per Ask Greg Bruce was 35 in Young Justice* so was around 43 around the time Damian was concieved and therefore mid-50s when he hits "Team Age" (NB, Dick is explicitly 13-14 during Young Justice so would be only mid-30s, about the same age as Bruce was in YJ).

* Note, also per Ask Greg he'd been active as Batman for around 14 years at this point.

Incredible Member

YJ #8 after 2 months finally comes through. Hope its good.

I won't be surprised by a ten-year time skip. The idea, if they do that, will be that the original six (well, five; Wally's not coming back in the middle of a skip) now comprise the core of the Justice League, and most of the Leaguers from Season One are now retired. The kids that we saw in Season 3's family get-together are now more or less in the same age range that the original team was when they started out. And the show wraps up with the originals having come full circle.

Unless, of course, Weisman plans on it being a five-season show, in which case season 4 will be more of a five-year skip and season five will be what I described above. The point being that I suspect that the final season will be the originals coming full circle, taking over for their mentors, and becoming the mentors in turn of the Super Sons generation. Whether that's season four or five (or six?) is an open question.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Am I the only one that noticed that Jon Kent is a toddler in the show while Damian is a baby? Damian is 3 years older and was already a hero long before Jon started so it makes sense that Damian is artificially aged up to a point where he is a few years older than Jon. That + time skip could easily make him 10 in season 4 the age he became Robin. Though in Batman and Son Damian was younger than 10 when he met Bruce.

It seems more probable that they go this way than introduce a new generation that starts when Bruce is in his 50's -60's, Dick is in his late 30's and Tim is in his late 20's.

I'm really hoping he is artificially aged since I really want to see Robin Damian and from the response to the last season i don't think they'll get a 5th season.
    Jon a toddler? When Lois walked in with him, he was just a baby wrapped up in a blanket. Much like Damian.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Jon a toddler? When Lois walked in with him, he was just a baby wrapped up in a blanket. Much like Damian.
    Agreed.

Amistad, Lian and the Tornado Twins are toddlers, both Jon and Damian are drawn as significantly younger than them. Artur appears to be the eldest of the "League kids" at about 7, although Traya Sutton is in the same 'zone' (potentially candiate for a race-swapped Cyclone in s4 or s5?).

As far as the timeskip goes, I think that they're likely to go for a relatively short one for s4, as initial solicitations suggest that the plot will carry on directly from YJO. However, I could definately see a "soft reboot" of the franchise in a (theoritical) season 5 jumping up to a decade forward from "now" so that Artur could take Kaldur's role from YJ with at least Amistad, Lian and Twins on The Team/Outsiders and many of the current Team/Outsiders on the League.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I won't be surprised by a ten-year time skip. The idea, if they do that, will be that the original six (well, five; Wally's not coming back in the middle of a skip) now comprise the core of the Justice League, and most of the Leaguers from Season One are now retired. The kids that we saw in Season 3's family get-together are now more or less in the same age range that the original team was when they started out. And the show wraps up with the originals having come full circle.

Unless, of course, Weisman plans on it being a five-season show, in which case season 4 will be more of a five-year skip and season five will be what I described above. The point being that I suspect that the final season will be the originals coming full circle, taking over for their mentors, and becoming the mentors in turn of the Super Sons generation. Whether that's season four or five (or six?) is an open question.
    Yeah, they even went to the effort of making Bumblebee's baby a metahuman - lots of babies and toddlers set up in this season - so there's likely going to be a large-ish time skip at some point. Greg has said he could do the show forever though, so I wouldn't be surprised if they already have a rough idea of when they'll introduce Kingdom Come and Batman Beyond characters. They already mentioned Magog, for example.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Yeah, they even went to the effort of making Bumblebee's baby a metahuman - lots of babies and toddlers set up in this season - so there's likely going to be a large-ish time skip at some point. Greg has said he could do the show forever though, so I wouldn't be surprised if they already have a rough idea of when they'll introduce Kingdom Come and Batman Beyond characters. They already mentioned Magog, for example.
    We've also got several characters - or counterparts of - that first rose to prominence in Kingdom Come like a female Kid Flash (originally Irey West, now Dawn Allen), Lian Harper, a female Red Tornado (aka Cyclone, originally Maxine Hunkell, now potentially Traya Sutton)...

On the other hand, despite my fondness for Batman Beyond I think the odds of Terry and co appearing in the present of YJ continuity, I think it's more likely that either Dick or Damian will take the "Batman of the Future" role. Appearances in flash forwards or alternate/altered timelines are more likely IMO.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Jon was in a shirt and pants sitting up in a way babies are unable to. He was holding his head up in a manner babies are unable to

Jon is much much older than Damian. He's sitting up. Do you know at how many years a person sits?
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 09-11-2019 at 04:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    Agreed.

Amistad, Lian and the Tornado Twins are toddlers, both Jon and Damian are drawn as significantly younger than them. Artur appears to be the eldest of the "League kids" at about 7, although Traya Sutton is in the same 'zone' (potentially candiate for a race-swapped Cyclone in s4 or s5?).

As far as the timeskip goes, I think that they're likely to go for a relatively short one for s4, as initial solicitations suggest that the plot will carry on directly from YJO. However, I could definately see a "soft reboot" of the franchise in a (theoritical) season 5 jumping up to a decade forward from "now" so that Artur could take Kaldur's role from YJ with at least Amistad, Lian and Twins on The Team/Outsiders and many of the current Team/Outsiders on the League.
    Clearly you two haven't had much experience with babies and toddlers and need to go refresh your memories on the episodes.

What’s Tim’s new name?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    What’s Tim’s new name?
    It seems it will be "Drake".

Drake is apparently one of the most dangerous birds.

No, his super name.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It seems it will be "Drake".

Drake is apparently one of the most dangerous birds.
    Googled it earlier and all I found was pictures of ducks.

I don’t know if ducks are real threat but, since I’m surrounded by them, I’d like to know if I’ve been living my whole life with dangerous creatures...