Page 91 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1437

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    For a (very successful) year, she was Batgirl. She only stopped because the higher-ups decided that they wanted Oracle to be Batgirl again. She is not just Tim's girlfriend; she's a very capable hero in her own right.
    Steph definitely got screwed by the New 52. Daft thing is, they didn't make it so Oracle never existed - Killing Joke is still canon. As such, Babs becoming Batgirl didn't have to mean Steph giving it up, and if New 52 hadn't happened, it wouldn't have (though Steph would've probably still lost her solo book).
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’m actually pretty glad they are giving Sideways more to do, I did like his ongoing so it’s nice Bendis will do more with him.

Surprised by Arrowette because has she actually been around at all in the new 52/DC Rebirth timeline? I even wonder if she is the same at all or what the plan is.
    Young Justice is heavily reliant on pre-Flashpoint continuity and most of the Young Justice/Teen Titans continuity is actually restored. Flash Annual #2 actually had Impulse revisit the 2003 Teen Titans team's tower, which was empty. He was looking for Conner, Cassie and Tim, and found them in Young Justice #1. Because the Tower still exists, the pre-Flashpoint YJ and TT are proven to be back in continuity (we also know that at least the Fab Four and New Teen Titans existed). So yeah, all of Cissie's previous history happened. She might have forgotten about Bart's supporting cast though (Max Mercury, Jay Garrick), as they're still missing (trapped in the speed force).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-28-2019 at 06:00 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I'm really glad to see that Sideways is coming back. I might just start reading this again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    The YoungJustus tag on tumblr is going to have a melt down.

Is there a reason why bendis just doesn't want to focus on the core 4 and crafting good stories that explore and develop the characters? I don't think what this series needs is even more characters.
    I find it strange when people get all hyped up about the "Core 4", because I remember reading the original YJ run and most of the character development came from the other characters. Granted, a lot of that was because Robin, Superboy and Impulse all had their own titles during most of it, but seriously the big throughline for the entire series was Secret's character arc.

Old-school Young Justice was built kind of like an old-school Avengers team. You had your marquee names, who give the book some name recognition and power, but who receive the bulk of their character development in their solo titles (A- Cap, Iron Man, Thor. YJ- Robin, Superboy, Impulse). Then you have the other characters who can be the soap opera players and get lots of characterization and big drama (A-Ant-Man, Wasp, Vision, Scarlet Witch,etc. YJ- Wonder Girl, Arrowette, Empress, Secret, Slo-Bo, etc).

I personally don't mind seeing other characters on the team, because the so-called Core Four could probably be scooped up for their mentors'/families' books at any time.

Agreed. Yep.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    The YoungJustus tag on tumblr is going to have a melt down.

Is there a reason why bendis just doesn't want to focus on the core 4 and crafting good stories that explore and develop the characters? I don't think what this series needs is even more characters.
    One of the issues with using guys from other franchise is that you are held hostage by that franchise in what you can do.
    Unless you are Storm and X-Office ignores what is done in Black Panther.

If he is tossing in more folks-I bet that has more to do with certain franchises getting new writers.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    One of the issues with using guys from other franchise is that you are held hostage by that franchise in what you can do.

If he is tossing in more folks-I bet that has more to do with certain franchises getting new writers.
    I think Bendis has carte blanche with everybody except Tim.

I mean, Bendis writes the Super titles, nobody on the WW side seems to want to/can use Cassie, and Williamson hasn't done anything with Bart since re-establishing him.

Tim is the only one he's said the Bat-office had plans for.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Steph definitely got screwed by the New 52. Daft thing is, they didn't make it so Oracle never existed - Killing Joke is still canon. As such, Babs becoming Batgirl didn't have to mean Steph giving it up, and if New 52 hadn't happened, it wouldn't have (though Steph would've probably still lost her solo book).
    Young Justice is heavily reliant on pre-Flashpoint continuity and most of the Young Justice/Teen Titans continuity is actually restored. Flash Annual #2 actually had Impulse revisit the 2003 Teen Titans team's tower, which was empty. He was looking for Conner, Cassie and Tim, and found them in Young Justice #1. Because the Tower still exists, the pre-Flashpoint YJ and TT are proven to be back in continuity (we also know that at least the Fab Four and New Teen Titans existed). So yeah, all of Cissie's previous history happened. She might have forgotten about Bart's supporting cast though (Max Mercury, Jay Garrick), as they're still missing (trapped in the speed force).
    Sorry, but what?

-last time as we saw Clark remembering Reign of Supermen Conner didnt appear in it
    -IC didnt happen, as far as I know
    -Clark,Raven,Beast Boy,Batman..DIDNT remember Conner,Bart,Cassie....Beast Boy remembered Cassie a bit...
    -Wally,Barry...have never mentioned Bart or?

As far as I know nothing has really restored...

Steph may be capable, BUT the team needs more powerful, more interesting..members...

Arrowette is ok, because she fills in the archer position,
    Teen Lantern is a lantern,
    Superboy is Superboy,
    Tim is detective and engineer,
    Bart is Speedster,
    Cassie is second powerhouse,
    Amethyst (is as far as she was a magician)
    Aqualad as Atlantean is also ok

Stephanie and Hex should be replaced by miss martian and blue beetle or traci13.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Are they? It's not like they're contradicting it by giving Ororo another love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Sorry, but what?

-last time as we saw Clark remembering Reign of Supermen Conner didnt appear in it
    -IC didnt happen, as far as I know
    -Clark,Raven,Beast Boy,Batman..DIDNT remember Conner,Bart,Cassie....Beast Boy remembered Cassie a bit...
    -Wally,Barry...have never mentioned Bart or?

As far as I know nothing has really restored...
    • That would be during Superman Reborn, right? Conner's entire existence was simply forgotten, Clark will remember him when they meet. YJ have already been mentioned in his book.
    • Did you forget about the Seven Crisises? That would mean Infinite Crisis DID happen.
    • If it was before Flash #50, then of course they wouldn't remember Bart or Conner. Impulse was forgotten until he got out of the speed force and Conner until the YJ gang found him in Gemworld. Nobody should've forgotten Cassie, she was never gone. Those characters haven't even interacted with her since Superman Reborn, when pre-Flashpoint stuff started coming back.
    • They didn't need to mention Bart. They know he's back and his costume is on display with Barry's, Wally's, Wallace's and Avery's at the recently built Flash Museum.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-30-2019 at 07:06 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They didn't need to mention Bart. They know he's back and his costume is on display with Barry's, Wally's, Wallace's and Avery's at the recently built Flash Museum.
    I think the Impulse costume is nothing more than artistic license or the the artist forgot nobody remembered Bart despite him being back.

Williamson mentioned in an interview characters like Barry and Iris won't remember Bart until they meet him which hasn't happened. And Bart being back would be a huge deal for Wally and we've gotten nothing on that front. Bart's appearance in the second Flash Annual had him unable to find his family before seeking out YJ where it's been a multiverse adventure.

So I don't think the Flash-Family knows about Bart and/or that he is back.

We're still in a transition period, where some history is still missing. I don't think that's going to last much longer: I suspect that Doomsday Clock #12 will be when they introduce their new “four generations” timeline.
    Rogue wears rouge.

I don't think Bendis can balance an 8-man or so team and I'm not sure if Williamson can even use Bart.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Steph may be capable, BUT the team needs more powerful, more interesting..members...

Arrowette is ok, because she fills in the archer position,
    Teen Lantern is a lantern,
    Superboy is Superboy,
    Tim is detective and engineer,
    Bart is Speedster,
    Cassie is second powerhouse,
    Amethyst (is as far as she was a magician)
    Aqualad as Atlantean is also ok

Stephanie and Hex should be replaced by miss martian and blue beetle or traci13.
    Frankly, I think that Teen Lantern is the character that should go away. She's done nothing for the narrative except for add to diversity points - at least Jinny did something to help beat the evil Young Justice in Earth 3, and Stephanie is a capable character that people have been clamoring for since the book began.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Bendis can balance an 8-man or so team and I'm not sure if Williamson can even use Bart.
    The best thing for Bendis to do would be to use a rotating cast.

I'm very much a fan of seeing characters like Blue Beetle (once he's disinfected), Traci 13, Empress, etc on the team though. Maybe Static too? Miss Martian isn't exactly in this team's age group.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member

I hope Cassie and Conner get new IDs soon. Impulse is a great name that doesn't scream sidekick but Wonder Girl and Superboy do. They've been heroes in almost 30 real life years to be still sidekicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I hope Cassie and Conner get new IDs soon. Impulse is a great name that doesn't scream sidekick but Wonder Girl and Superboy do. They've been heroes in almost 30 real life years to be still sidekicks.
    They barely even warrant sidekick names. Cassie and Conner barely interact with their adult figures anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Have they confirmed that that's Cissie King-Jones in the picture? Is it possible that is actually Mia Dearden? To me, the archer looks more like Mia than like Cissie.
    Rogue wears rouge.