Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
Damien is a child. Do we even have a clue what his sexuality even is? I can't recall him having a real love interest at all. For all we know, he could be gay or bi or whatever.

Connor Hawke should've been gay. He seemed to be, but I don't think the 90's were ready for that and someone chickened out. If he ever returns? Keep that original characterization.

Garth is firmly established as straight. He's had a wife and kids.

Kaldur? In comics he existed for about five seconds before the reboot and I don't recall his sexuality ever being explored on any level. We assumed he was straight because that's the default, but it's not like the revelation that he's gay in Rebirth contradicted anything. Even if he mentioned having a girlfriend (which I dont remember if he did) its not like young gay men don't date women before realizing what they like.

Not to mention, every other black hero in DC is straight. So if you need that, you've got plenty of options.
Kaldur actually existed on the show before he was brought into the comics and he was depicted as heterosexual on the show (though I recall Weissman saying something in an online conversation suggesting he was bisexual). But yes, his comic counterpart didn't really have his sexuality explored. There's a scene where he and Lorena are watching Arthur and Mera make out and Lorena warns him against getting any ideas but there's no indication he's even attracted to her.