Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Nah, I like it. It's a bold choice, it's distinct, it's dynamic, the hair is glorious! KSD writes a great Aqualad, she's very mindful and writes him with lots of personality. I'm excited to see how he develops in her run.
    It's just so different every panel it's distracting. I also wish he was drawn a tad bit bulkier like Kaldur.

Anyway, this is good to hear. He was written bland for a while. Was there any feats he shown so far? I really want some good power showcase.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    It's just so different every panel it's distracting. I also wish he was drawn a tad bit bulkier like Kaldur.

Anyway, this is good to hear. He was written bland for a while. Was there any feats he shown so far? I really want some good power showcase.
    I can see that complaint, I didn't mind it because it felt evocative of the locs moving and laying in different positions, which happens with these kinds of locs. Killmonger in the movie is a good example, when he's wearing his hair down in locs, they lay in different positions sometimes; sometimes it's a forward swoop, sometimes it swoops more to the side, sometimes it's more evenly laid out all the way around, etc. I think as the artist (and hopefully other artists after the fact) get more comfortable drawing the style it'll be more consistent

This is more of a character issue, it ends right when the action is about to start. we mainly see him having fun, being personable and interacting with the cast well. We do see him use his powers in a small way, it's a nice little scene. The next issue, I would say, is where we'll see how competent he is in combat and, obviously, they do lay the seeds for a big confrontation between Manta and Aquaman & Aqualad down the road.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-22-2019 at 11:10 AM.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham (respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Lantern.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, Cosmic Ghost Rider etc., Venom, Moon Girl, Avengers
    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

Yeah, KSD writes a good Jackson. He’s got some actual personality traits a forming and you can tell he’s a bit more confident than he was during his tenure as a Titan. He’s seen some things and he’s ready to really learn how to be a hero and get proper training.

I’m usually not a huge fan of dreads but I like this style for Jackson. Mixing his BD appearance with some YJ flavor and I agree with lemonpeace that once Rocha gets more comfortable drawing it they won’t look as awkward.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The opening to the current issue with the 2 of them in Arthur's pick up truck was really well done.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

This was a nice little scene between Jackson and Arthur and the art is really lovely.

SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham (respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Lantern.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, Cosmic Ghost Rider etc., Venom, Moon Girl, Avengers
    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*