Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 265
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,977

    Default Son of the Manta: Aqualad Appreciation 2019

    Welcome to the appreciation thread for Aqualad! Let's start 2019 with a splash!





    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 01-01-2019 at 04:14 PM.

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,977

    Default

    Let's kick things off with Kaldur taking over the Aquaman mantle and will supposedly be the leader of the Justice League in Young Justice: Outsiders!

    https://www.cbr.com/aqualad-aquaman-...ice-outsiders/

    https://www.cbr.com/young-justice-ou...aracter-guide/

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,977

    Default

    So far there is no news for his comic counterpart but hopefully there will be something for him in 2019!

  4. #4
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,800

    Default

    Kaldur's costume is the current basic gear style available in DCU Online as well. Looks pretty damn good too, with two versions; a basic design and one with glow effects.

    Much love for Kaldur; he's one of the best new characters of the 2010's even if his comic counterpart hasn't measured up to his animated version.

    DC Aqualad.jpg

    I don't recall where I found this image so I can't give credit where it's due. It's not my work at any rate.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  5. #5
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,578

    Default

    Happy New Year to Kaldur/Jackson .

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,684

    Default

    They need to stop playing around and the next time he is used just use him like he young justice version. Don't even worry about explain why his story/continuity is different.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They need to stop playing around and the next time he is used just use him like he young justice version. Don't even worry about explain why his story/continuity is different.
    I said the same thing. Not everything needs an explanation just make him badass and a leader and call it a day lol. Or they can do what the mmo game, DCUO, did and just play around with combining both versions.

  8. #8
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,800

    Default

    There's good stuff from the comics to keep and DC definitely should. But most of the best parts of Aqualad come from the show. It's like an 80/20 mix.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  9. #9
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,578

    Default

    Maybe he'll finally meet Aquaman in the comics this year .

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    I'd definitely not want them to discard what's been done with Jackson in Rebirth so far. That would kinda sour me a bit toward the Young Justice Kaldur, and I'd hate for that to happen. As it is, I'm a little taken aback that Jackson Hyde isn't acknowledged whatsoever in any of the threads opening posts. That's a potential souring point right there.

    No, stick with what's happened so far, but actually utilize and (continue to) build up Kaldur. That's the key there.

    Limboing him so soon after his re-introduction was a poor move, in my opinion; I wish he and Wally were both kept for the new iteration of Teen Titans for the sake of retaining exposure. Giving him some time and a story-arc or subplot in the Aquaman book would be wonderful, though it seems most writers of the "main hero" books are adverse to using the protege heroes in their stories, Williamson's The Flash being an exception and only some of the time (and Superman with Jon, though I'm not sure how much there, either, under BMB's pen).
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 01-05-2019 at 03:04 PM.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe he'll finally meet Aquaman in the comics this year .
    Man, I hope. However the current writer for Aquaman doesn't seem interested in his supporting characters for now besides Mera.

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I'd definitely not want them to discard what's been done with Jackson in Rebirth so far. That would kinda sour me a bit toward the Young Justice Kaldur, and I'd hate for that to happen. As it is, I'm a little taken aback that Jackson Hyde isn't acknowledged whatsoever in any of the threads opening posts. That's a potential souring point right there.

    No, stick with what's happened so far, but actually utilize and (continue to) build up Kaldur. That's the key there.

    Limboing him so soon after his re-introduction was a poor move, in my opinion; I wish he and Wally were kept for the new iteration of Teen Titans for the sake of keep the exposure. Giving him some time and a story-arc or subplot in the Aquaman book would be wonderful, though it seems most writers of the "main hero" books are adverse to using the protege heroes in their stories, Williamson's The Flash being an exception and only some of the time (and Superman with Jon, though I'm not sure how much there, either, under BMB's pen).
    Jackson is the one in the first pic.

    I'm distasteful of the rebirth continuity because they literally gave all the Atlantean heritage things to Damian. He had no business giving him his water bearers and outfit. That should've been used for Aquaman or his mom to give it to him. Brightest Day did it perfectly.

    I did enjoy the story with his father since it was alright but all the TT content was bleh.

  13. #13

    Default

    Shoutouts to Kaldur pulling off the orange better than Arthur. Glad to see him stepping up as Aquaman. I'd read that spinoff comic.

  14. #14
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,033

    Default

    Love Aqualad. Be it Kaldur or Jackson. Both characters have this air of nobility about them. Can't wait to see the new Aquaman in Yj

  15. #15
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Jackson is the one in the first pic.

    I'm distasteful of the rebirth continuity because they literally gave all the Atlantean heritage things to Damian. He had no business giving him his water bearers and outfit. That should've been used for Aquaman or his mom to give it to him. Brightest Day did it perfectly.

    I did enjoy the story with his father since it was alright but all the TT content was bleh.
    Does he know Aquaman in Rebirth? I liked Jackson in TT and had little problem with Damian giving him those things. Sadly now that Percy isn't using him no other writer seems interested.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •