Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Woah! I've mentioned how I loved Brightest Day's depiction of Jackson with those braids/mini-dreads. I'm happy to see they're finally exploring the braids/mini-dreads look again, with blond tips at their ends, it seems.

Need to see a full-body shot and a full-facial/head shot of Aqualad now!
    I was hoping Bogdanovic was staying on for a bit to draw Aqualad but Rocha ain't too bad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I was hoping Bogdanovic was staying on for a bit to draw Aqualad but Rocha ain't too bad.
    Not familiar with either artist by name, but what little of Aqualad we see here looked pretty cool. Again, need to see some fuller shots and head-shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

Well, that's...kind of a bad stereotypical way to introduce a character.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    hmmm...I didn't think about it like that but I would wonder why is he arrested when he is a known hero. I hope its not for a stereotypical reason.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    hmmm...I didn't think about it like that but I would wonder why is he arrested when he is a known hero. I hope its not for a stereotypical reason.
    Y'know, it kind of reminds me of when they introduced Wallace during the New 52.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wallace West agrees.

Especially when Jackson has a MOTHER who is alive and since he had a boyfriend-one would assume he has FRIENDS-especially of the Titans variety.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Wallace West agrees.

Especially when Jackson has a MOTHER who is alive and since he had a boyfriend-one would assume he has FRIENDS-especially of the Titans variety.
    I don't know if any of that is relevant in Amnesty Bay.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Wallace West agrees.

The Titans really weren't friends to him.He was Damian's yes man and I got the impression that Beast Boy and Raven disliked him for being such a yes man.

I wonder if KSD will take a page from Percy's book for his characterization or make him a bit more mature. He went on a couple missions with the Titans and has seen enough that he shouldn't be as green as he was there.

And will she use this as a catalyst to return Garth to the fold? He and Jackson have met so it makes you wonder why he didn't try and call him instead of Arthur. Ugh. I'm just super glad he's back!

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The Titans really weren't friends to him.He was Damian's yes man and I got the impression that Beast Boy and Raven disliked him for being such a yes man.
    I didn't read the title regularly when he was on Teen Titans. but I thought him and Wallace were friends. I could've sworn I remember a couple panels where they were chilling.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

Wow, so I guess this is what we're doing now?? Was he caught eating fried chicken in the park, there are so many other stereotypical concepts to pick from. This is where you start to ask are there any black men working in DC that could give a quick word of advice on the look of things. Truly, I not that surprised. First they arbitrarily made Jackson a gay dude when he didn't start off like that, then shuffled him to TT book to be Damien's whipping boy when most incarnations of Kaldur could kick his @$$. Now this pointless foot in mouth exercise of cultural numbness. Did everyone forget about this dude was a very powerful warrior...?? Lol, he even looks like a punk sitting in the chair!
    Last edited by dkrook; 07-19-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Wow, so I guess this is what we're doing now?? Was he caught eating fried chicken in the park, there are so many other stereotypical concepts to pick from. This is where you start to ask are there any black men working in DC that could give a quick word of advice on the look of things. Truly, I not that surprised. First they arbitrarily made Jackson a gay dude when he didn't start off like that, then shuffled him to TT book to be Damien's whipping boy when most incarnations of Kaldur could kick his @$$. Now this pointless foot in mouth exercise of cultural numbness. Did everyone forget about this dude was a very powerful warrior...?? Lol, he even looks like a punk sitting in the chair!
    I feel like that's a bit of an overreaction. just because he's black and handcuffed doesn't mean it's automatically some tone-deaf slight against the character. it's especially unnecessary to make that kind of leap off a singular panel, let's at least see what's the situation is before we start losing our minds. I can't say much about his time on Teen Titans but I'm not sure what the problem is with him being gay; people be gay sometimes bro. what we're not gonna do is pretend like it's some kind of betrayal of the essence of the character when the character only existed for like a year before the universe rebooted and he was revealed to be gay. he's been gay significantly longer than he's been straight. I will however agree that they've done a disappointingly poor job of getting Jackson to the same powerful and commanding level he was in original take Young Justice we need to see more of that warrior/leading man spirit on the page.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

The optics definitely don't look good, but let's see what the story actually is before we get pissed about it.

I'm glad Kaldur is back; I vastly prefer the cartoon version to what the comics have given us but I'll take that over nothing.

I haven't heard great things about KSD's run so far, which is a shame since I enjoyed her first volume of Captain Marvel so much. But I'll be jumping on board long enough to see how she handles Kaldur.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I feel like that's a bit of an overreaction. just because he's black and handcuffed doesn't mean it's automatically some tone-deaf slight against the character. it's especially unnecessary to make that kind of leap off a singular panel, let's at least see what's the situation is before we start losing our minds. I can't say much about his time on Teen Titans but I'm not sure what the problem is with him being gay; people be gay sometimes bro. what we're not gonna do is pretend like it's some kind of betrayal of the essence of the character when the character only existed for like a year before the universe rebooted and he was revealed to be gay. he's been gay significantly longer than he's been straight. I will however agree that they've done a disappointingly poor job of getting Jackson to the same powerful and commanding level he was in original take Young Justice we need to see more of that warrior/leading man spirit on the page.
    If there's nothing wrong with it then why don't they make Damien, Garth, or Connor gay. There are so many other characters to choose from. Guarantee this would never be done cause of the desire in part to have straight white men identify with them. Well when Kaldur was first shown I had good appreciation for. He was grounded young man that found to be very powerful, but confident. His major issue was coping with combined, mixed heritage. Then for some ...odd reason...after showing him clearly having amorous heterosexual feelings, its tacked on that he's gay. Not feeling the PC trend that I'm supposed to be all cool with it. I could easy make a case for how Bruce Wayne/Batman is gay based on behavioral oddities, but bottomline editorial will never make that happen. If there's such demand for gay black male heroes, then cool make one from his inception. If there's a conversation to have with black male heroes and sexuality it seems to be either none or he's gay. What's the case against this???? John Stewart, barely put in prominent position and relationship status showing...weak, Cyborg...lamo physically and figuratively neutered. Beyond that what straight black male heroes are conversation movers in DC?