Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'm curious if Aqualad decided himself to see Aquaman or something/someone forced his hand. And I wonder if we're going to get some brief history of Aquaman mentoring Garth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I'm curious if Aqualad decided himself to see Aquaman or something/someone forced his hand. And I wonder if we're going to get some brief history of Aquaman mentoring Garth.
    Good question. I wonder if they'll cover what Jackson's been doing and thinking about since the restructuring of the Teen Titans. I hope so, since it's been a sizable amount of time since it happened, and it would help us learn how he felt about no longer being a part of the team and what he did with himself in the interim. That's also were we'd learn what, and/or who, if applicable, led him to seek out Arthur to mentor under.

This will depend on how much focus he gets in #50 and also in the coming months of story.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Good question. I wonder if they'll cover what Jackson's been doing and thinking about since the restructuring of the Teen Titans. I hope so, since it's been a sizable amount of time since it happened, and it would help us learn how he felt about no longer being a part of the team and what he did with himself in the interim. That's also were we'd learn what, and/or who, if applicable, led him to seek out Arthur to mentor under.

This will depend on how much focus he gets in #50 and also in the coming months of story.
    Yep. I hope he was at least training with his mother in the basics at least and if he was doing hero work after leaving the TT. I may be hoping for too much but this seems like such an obvious direction to take him in.

I really love these two designs by Phil Cho

Astonishing Member

Same. Especially the first. Phil Cho is an awesome artist!

"A Tamaranean sister and an Atlantean brother"

(Did not realize he can also freeze his water which is new to the character)

rsz_6034357-11-variant.jpg

I wasn't aware that he could freeze water either. While I knew he could make hard-water constructs, I didn't think he could actually freeze the water as well.

I would love it if he joined the new YJ team. Neither Amethyst nor Ginny impress me and so I would be more than happy to have Aqualad replace one of them (probably Ginny first).
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

These are great.

How old is Jackson? He seems to be in his college years and depicted as so. He looks way older than Damian and Wallace. I hope they settle on his age and I hope he is in his early 20s or approaching 20.

Aqualad spotted in Year of the Villain. Supposedly, the characters here were specified to be drawn.

Aqualad spotted in Year of the Villain. Supposedly, the characters here were specified to be drawn.

It makes sense since pretty much everybody here either has a solo or is actively on a team book, aside from Captain Atom, Firestorm, and Animal Man...Aqualad is probably in there since she'll be showing up in Aquaman.
    How old is Jackson? He seems to be in his college years and depicted as so. He looks way older than Damian and Wallace. I hope they settle on his age and I hope he is in his early 20s or approaching 20.
    I'd put him at 18 at the latest. I mean, he's supposed to be a teen hero...

Astonishing Member

Hasn't been specified, I don't recall, but mid-teens. 16 or 17. Definitely not 20+, and he doesn't really look 20, either. (Just 'cause he's not super short and 'cause he's naturally buff, it doesn't mean he's old.)

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Hasn't been specified, I don't recall, but mid-teens. 16 or 17. Definitely not 20+, and he doesn't really look 20, either. (Just 'cause he's not super short and 'cause he's naturally buff, it doesn't mean he's old.)
    True but his boyfriend looked like a full blown adult nowhere close to a 16 year old. He's definitely not Garth's age though probably around 17-19.