Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Nah, I like it. It's a bold choice, it's distinct, it's dynamic, the hair is glorious! KSD writes a great Aqualad, she's very mindful and writes him with lots of personality. I'm excited to see how he develops in her run.
    It's just so different every panel it's distracting. I also wish he was drawn a tad bit bulkier like Kaldur.

Anyway, this is good to hear. He was written bland for a while. Was there any feats he shown so far? I really want some good power showcase.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    It's just so different every panel it's distracting. I also wish he was drawn a tad bit bulkier like Kaldur.

Anyway, this is good to hear. He was written bland for a while. Was there any feats he shown so far? I really want some good power showcase.
    I can see that complaint, I didn't mind it because it felt evocative of the locs moving and laying in different positions, which happens with these kinds of locs. Killmonger in the movie is a good example, when he's wearing his hair down in locs, they lay in different positions sometimes; sometimes it's a forward swoop, sometimes it swoops more to the side, sometimes it's more evenly laid out all the way around, etc. I think as the artist (and hopefully other artists after the fact) get more comfortable drawing the style it'll be more consistent

This is more of a character issue, it ends right when the action is about to start. we mainly see him having fun, being personable and interacting with the cast well. We do see him use his powers in a small way, it's a nice little scene. The next issue, I would say, is where we'll see how competent he is in combat and, obviously, they do lay the seeds for a big confrontation between Manta and Aquaman & Aqualad down the road.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-22-2019 at 11:10 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Yeah, KSD writes a good Jackson. He’s got some actual personality traits a forming and you can tell he’s a bit more confident than he was during his tenure as a Titan. He’s seen some things and he’s ready to really learn how to be a hero and get proper training.

I’m usually not a huge fan of dreads but I like this style for Jackson. Mixing his BD appearance with some YJ flavor and I agree with lemonpeace that once Rocha gets more comfortable drawing it they won’t look as awkward.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The opening to the current issue with the 2 of them in Arthur's pick up truck was really well done.

This was a nice little scene between Jackson and Arthur and the art is really lovely.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

I REALLY love the dynamic that KSD has been giving Jackson. A preview for the annual is out and they're really fun together.

I will say KSD hasn't given Jackson too many super high action moments but she's been doing a lot of quiet characterization with him. She's really attempting to build up a pillar for what his heroics will stand for and give him reasoning on why he does this. It's been really nice and he seems to be extremely knowledgeable with is cool. He makes a lot of reference to old literature and knows his horror.

The whole Maurer storyline of the current arc seems to be a build up for some big personal moments for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I will say KSD hasn't given Jackson too many super high action moments but she's been doing a lot of quiet characterization with him. She's really attempting to build up a pillar for what his heroics will stand for and give him reasoning on why he does this. It's been really nice and he seems to be extremely knowledgeable with is cool. He makes a lot of reference to old literature and knows his horror.

The whole Maurer storyline of the current arc seems to be a build up for some big personal moments for him.
    I gotta catch up with the book, now that Kaldur is in it. And if KSD is just giving him some quiet, character building moments instead of big giant splash pages (pardon the pun) then great. That's what Kaldur needs; not stupid feats that only matter on a rumbles forum, but actual characterization, motivation, personality, etc.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah I agree and it looks like they’re on the right track

Incredible Member

He's definitely different from his YJ version, but I kind of like it.

This was a nice little scene between Jackson and Arthur and the art is really lovely.

"Aquaman's Assistant" makes Arthur sound like a magician...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Aquaman's Assistant" makes Arthur sound like a magician...
    I mean, he does have supernatural powers, wields magic (with his trident) and Jackson is pretty damn lovely; the shoe fits. I say we move to call him Arthur the Astonishing!

currently following:

I mean, he does have supernatural powers, wields magic (with his trident) and Jackson is pretty damn lovely; the shoe fits. I say we move to call him Arthur the Astonishing!
    To be honest, Mera and Garth are more magic-y then Arthur generally is in my opinion, aside from his telepathy (which is more science then magic, arguably).

Although I won't argue Jackson isn't quite the looker .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, Mera and Garth are more magic-y then Arthur generally is in my opinion, aside from his telepathy (which is more science then magic, arguably).

Although I won't argue Jackson isn't quite the looker .
    Outside of young justice when has Mera’s power been suggested as magic?

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Outside of young justice when has Mera’s power been suggested as magic?
    In Cullen Bunn's run, Hila has a line about how she and Mera have been trained in magic since they were children.