Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Default Runner up: Who is your second favorite hero in DC's families?

We all have our top favorites in DC's families. Favorite Green Lantern. Favorite Flash. Favorite Bat family member.

But what about those in our second favorite spot? Those that we also really like a lot but just didnt quite make it to our number one? This is a thread to show some of your favorites some love even if they didnt make it to your top spot. List why you like these heroes but they just didnt quite make it to your all time best.

Here are some of mine.

Impulse.
    Bart is so great. Hilarious and great personality that is unique and a lot of fun. But as much as I like Bart Wally is still my favorite.

Kyle Rayner.
    A very likable character with a great costume and interesting progression. But Hal Jordan is my number one being deeper and a more fun character with his willpower and fearlessness.

Tim Drake.
    Tim is persistent and has a great heart. But Dick beats him by being more fun and having a deeper background .

Conner Kent.
    Really fun character who really contrasted nicely with Superman with his brash personality and unique abilities.
    With all that though Superman is still one of the all time greats which cant be denied so he still takes the top spot for best Super family member.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Honestly Batman himself is probably me 2nd favorite Batfamily character. My first is Tim Drake.

Extraordinary Member

Dick Grayson & John Stewart from the Batman & GL franchises.

Does Mon-El count as a member of the Superman franchise?

It is a shame his backstory with Kal is one big question mark.

I forgot to mention Wally from the Flash franchise.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 12-17-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Superfam: Conner. He was my #1 for a long time but Jon knocked him down...though....given what Jon is right now, Conner might be on his way back up.

Batfam: This is a tough one. It depends on the day. My favorite has been Damian ever since Tomasi's Batman and Robin. But my second favorite always changes. Sometimes it's Dick. Sometimes it's Tim (who was my favorite before Damian). Hell, its even been Jason after I started reading RHATO. You know what? Right now, I'll say it's Jason. Only because Tim hasn't been really doing much lately and Dick is....Ric.

Green Lanterns: Kyle Rayner. Admittedly, I don't know a lot about the Lanterns who aren't John and Hal. But since John is my favorite, Hal is my least favorite, Simon and Jessica are just sorta....there, and Guy's my second least favorite, my second favorite has to be Kyle by default. From what little I've read of him, he seems like a really cool guy.

Flash: Wally. A LONG time ago, he would have been my #1. He was my first Flash (just like with Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter, the Justice League Cartoon was my first time seeing any Flash). He was my first Kid Flash (Teen Titans cartoon). And he was part of one of my favorite TT runs. But...man Bart is just so damn lovable. He had to be my #1. Sorry Wally.

Batman: Batman

Flash: Barry Allen

Superman: Does Lois count? Johns era Conner

Wonder Woman: Wonder Woman

Green Lantern: John Stewart just because of the cartoon
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

For Superman, my second favorite is easily Supergirl. In Batman, it's Dick Grayson. For Flash, I'm not sure. Maybe Jay Garrick because I find his design so ridiculous, but in a charming way. An old man running around with a bowl on his head with wings on it. For Aquaman, I guess it would be Mera. Her design is also pretty great. Red and green are complementary colors (opposite of each other on the color wheel), so the contrast that they create in Mera's design is pretty striking. Furthermore, the skin tight suit with the scales is a great idea for an underwater woman character.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Superman: Supergirl (Kara)

Batman: Tie between Dick and Babs

Wonder Woman: Hippolyta or Golden Age Etta Candy

The Flash: Wally

Green Lantern: I'm not overly attached to any of the other Earth GLs aside from Hal. I guess John because of the cartoon and Jess because she's the most relateable for me.

Aquaman: Mera

Captain Marvel: Freddy and Mary since they've been around the longest, but Darla's catching up to them very quickly

Batman Fam: Huntress (Batman's #1)
    Superman Fam: Power Girl (Superman's #1)
    Green Lantern Fam: Alan Scott (Hal's #1)
    Flash Fam: XS (Barry's #1)
    Legion Fam: Ultra Boy (Wildfire's #1)

Cool thread idea!

Flash Family:
    Max Mercury! Neat costume and loved his interaction with the rest of the flash family. I especially loved Max in the Impulse series.

Green Arrow Family:
    Mia! Loved her back story and character development throughout smith and winnicks run.

Shazam family: Mary Marvel

Starman family- Courtney ( can’t wait for her TV show)

Bat family: Dick Grayson

Green Lantern: Saint Walker
    Last edited by Jekyll; 12-17-2019 at 07:13 PM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

John Stewart
    Batman
    Wally West
    Aquaman
    Superboy (Connor)
    Donna Troy
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Superman: Supergirl (Kara)

Batman: Tie between Dick and Babs

Wonder Woman: Hippolyta or Golden Age Etta Candy

The Flash: Wally

Green Lantern: I'm not overly attached to any of the other Earth GLs aside from Hal. I guess John because of the cartoon and Jess because she's the most relateable for me.

Aquaman: Mera

Captain Marvel: Freddy and Mary since they've been around the longest, but Darla's catching up to them very quickly
    Basically my choices, though I would pick Donna and Steve over Hippolyta and Etta for the Wondy family.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Great post! for me:

Green Lantern family: easily Jessica Cruz (John is #1 obviously)

The Flash family: I'm split between Wallace and Avery, it really depends on the day (Barry #1) if Godspeed ever officially joined the family he'd be my favorite and that'd change the whole dynamic of my speedster fav rankings

Batfamily: this one is tricky, Duke Thomas and Red Hood are my top 2 batmembers but they often trade off who's my favorite at any given times. I'd say Duke is the runner up even though I'm probably more invested in hum and am a more vocal fan of Duke but that only because I have far more Red Hood to enjoy and Duke is still finding his feet.

Amazon family: Diana with Nubia as a very close 3rd (Artemis of Bana-mighdall is #1)

Superman: I don't care much for Superman or his family so iunno. I guess, feet to the fire, I'd say Superman himself (Jon would be #1)

Aquafamily: Aquaman is my extremely close second, post-rebirth till now Aquaman has really shot up in the rankings of my favorite characters of all time (Aquaman!Kaldur'ahm is my #1)
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I like the idea here.

Super-family: my favorite is Superman, my second favorite is Conner. Though back in the 90's when he had his own book, it was Steel. And if Power Girl's book had kept going after the reboot I'm willing to bet she'd have stolen that #2 spot by now. I really love Karen conceptually but DC hasn't done enough with her to get that second spot.

Bat-family: my favorite is Nightwing, my second favorite is Damian. For those curious, Batman is probably like, #5 on that list.

Wonder-family: Not really big enough to even list unless we start pulling from some deep cuts. Diana's #1 of course, my #2 is probably modern age Steve Trevor. I'm not actually a big fan of Donna or Cassie; they're fine, but.....just fine. I do miss Cassie being the awkward duckling of the 90's though, before she became yet another boringly attractive heroine.

Flash family: Wally is my favorite, Bart's my #2. I like Barry, but Bart's just so much fun!!

Lanterns: The top two spots tend to rotate between John and Guy these days. Back in the day Kyle was my favorite but he lost his way a long time ago.

Aqua-family: Arthur's my number 1 unless we can count the cartoon version of Aqualad, but either way Mera's my #2.

Shazamily: Billy's #1 and number 2 depends on how much of a dink Freddy gets to be. If he can be properly obnoxious and also lean into the Rockabilly/Elvis stuff he's #2, otherwise it's Mary, who I adore but find kinda bland.

Bonus family!

Starman family. Jack Knight, all day every day for #1. Courtney gets #2.
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-17-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Batman -Damian [no 1 is Dick]

Superman -Kara though I have a soft spot for young Jon [No 1 is Clark]

Flash -Wally - [Barry is no 1]

Wonder -Donna --[ Diana is no 1]

GL - Jessica [John is no 1]

Arrow - Dinah [Ollie's no 1]

Shazam -Mary [Billy's no1]

Aqua - Arthur [Jackson/Kaldur's no 1]

Superman: Power Girl. When she had her own book, she kept it real and still maintained a sense of humor. She knew she was a second fiddle to Superman and ultimately was okay with that.

Batman: Jim Gordon. 'Nuff said.

Green Lantern: Kyle Rayner. Although John Stewart is my favorite GL, I actually first got into the Green Lanterns with Kyle.

Wonder Woman: Artemis. When Diana briefly lost the Wonder Woman mantle to her, I actually started rooting for Artemis because I suspected it wasn't going to end well for her.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1