Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 235
  1. #136
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Woah! I've mentioned how I loved Brightest Day's depiction of Jackson with those braids/mini-dreads. I'm happy to see they're finally exploring the braids/mini-dreads look again, with blond tips at their ends, it seems.

    Need to see a full-body shot and a full-facial/head shot of Aqualad now!
    I was hoping Bogdanovic was staying on for a bit to draw Aqualad but Rocha ain't too bad.

  2. #137
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I was hoping Bogdanovic was staying on for a bit to draw Aqualad but Rocha ain't too bad.
    Not familiar with either artist by name, but what little of Aqualad we see here looked pretty cool. Again, need to see some fuller shots and head-shots.

  3. #138
    Focused Totality Psycwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cavern X
    Posts
    1,518

    Default



  4. #139
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    41,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

    Well, that's...kind of a bad stereotypical way to introduce a character.

  5. #140
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, that's...kind of a bad stereotypical way to introduce a character.
    hmmm...I didn't think about it like that but I would wonder why is he arrested when he is a known hero. I hope its not for a stereotypical reason.

  6. #141
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    41,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    hmmm...I didn't think about it like that but I would wonder why is he arrested when he is a known hero. I hope its not for a stereotypical reason.
    Y'know, it kind of reminds me of when they introduced Wallace during the New 52.

  7. #142
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, that's...kind of a bad stereotypical way to introduce a character.
    Wallace West agrees.

    Especially when Jackson has a MOTHER who is alive and since he had a boyfriend-one would assume he has FRIENDS-especially of the Titans variety.

  8. #143
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    41,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Wallace West agrees.

    Especially when Jackson has a MOTHER who is alive and since he had a boyfriend-one would assume he has FRIENDS-especially of the Titans variety.
    I don't know if any of that is relevant in Amnesty Bay.

  9. #144
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Wallace West agrees.

    Especially when Jackson has a MOTHER who is alive and since he had a boyfriend-one would assume he has FRIENDS-especially of the Titans variety.
    The Titans really weren't friends to him.He was Damian's yes man and I got the impression that Beast Boy and Raven disliked him for being such a yes man.

  10. #145
    Focused Totality Psycwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cavern X
    Posts
    1,518

    Default

    I wonder if KSD will take a page from Percy's book for his characterization or make him a bit more mature. He went on a couple missions with the Titans and has seen enough that he shouldn't be as green as he was there.

    And will she use this as a catalyst to return Garth to the fold? He and Jackson have met so it makes you wonder why he didn't try and call him instead of Arthur. Ugh. I'm just super glad he's back!

  11. #146
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The Titans really weren't friends to him.He was Damian's yes man and I got the impression that Beast Boy and Raven disliked him for being such a yes man.
    I didn't read the title regularly when he was on Teen Titans. but I thought him and Wallace were friends. I could've sworn I remember a couple panels where they were chilling.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham (respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Lantern.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, Cosmic Ghost Rider etc., Venom, Moon Girl, Avengers
    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

  12. #147
    Incredible Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

    Wow, so I guess this is what we're doing now?? Was he caught eating fried chicken in the park, there are so many other stereotypical concepts to pick from. This is where you start to ask are there any black men working in DC that could give a quick word of advice on the look of things. Truly, I not that surprised. First they arbitrarily made Jackson a gay dude when he didn't start off like that, then shuffled him to TT book to be Damien's whipping boy when most incarnations of Kaldur could kick his @$$. Now this pointless foot in mouth exercise of cultural numbness. Did everyone forget about this dude was a very powerful warrior...?? Lol, he even looks like a punk sitting in the chair!
    Last edited by dkrook; 07-19-2019 at 08:17 PM.

  13. #148
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Wow, so I guess this is what we're doing now?? Was he caught eating fried chicken in the park, there are so many other stereotypical concepts to pick from. This is where you start to ask are there any black men working in DC that could give a quick word of advice on the look of things. Truly, I not that surprised. First they arbitrarily made Jackson a gay dude when he didn't start off like that, then shuffled him to TT book to be Damien's whipping boy when most incarnations of Kaldur could kick his @$$. Now this pointless foot in mouth exercise of cultural numbness. Did everyone forget about this dude was a very powerful warrior...?? Lol, he even looks like a punk sitting in the chair!
    I feel like that's a bit of an overreaction. just because he's black and handcuffed doesn't mean it's automatically some tone-deaf slight against the character. it's especially unnecessary to make that kind of leap off a singular panel, let's at least see what's the situation is before we start losing our minds. I can't say much about his time on Teen Titans but I'm not sure what the problem is with him being gay; people be gay sometimes bro. what we're not gonna do is pretend like it's some kind of betrayal of the essence of the character when the character only existed for like a year before the universe rebooted and he was revealed to be gay. he's been gay significantly longer than he's been straight. I will however agree that they've done a disappointingly poor job of getting Jackson to the same powerful and commanding level he was in original take Young Justice we need to see more of that warrior/leading man spirit on the page.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham (respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Lantern.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, Cosmic Ghost Rider etc., Venom, Moon Girl, Avengers
    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

  14. #149
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,232

    Default

    The optics definitely don't look good, but let's see what the story actually is before we get pissed about it.

    I'm glad Kaldur is back; I vastly prefer the cartoon version to what the comics have given us but I'll take that over nothing.

    I haven't heard great things about KSD's run so far, which is a shame since I enjoyed her first volume of Captain Marvel so much. But I'll be jumping on board long enough to see how she handles Kaldur.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  15. #150
    Incredible Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I feel like that's a bit of an overreaction. just because he's black and handcuffed doesn't mean it's automatically some tone-deaf slight against the character. it's especially unnecessary to make that kind of leap off a singular panel, let's at least see what's the situation is before we start losing our minds. I can't say much about his time on Teen Titans but I'm not sure what the problem is with him being gay; people be gay sometimes bro. what we're not gonna do is pretend like it's some kind of betrayal of the essence of the character when the character only existed for like a year before the universe rebooted and he was revealed to be gay. he's been gay significantly longer than he's been straight. I will however agree that they've done a disappointingly poor job of getting Jackson to the same powerful and commanding level he was in original take Young Justice we need to see more of that warrior/leading man spirit on the page.
    If there's nothing wrong with it then why don't they make Damien, Garth, or Connor gay. There are so many other characters to choose from. Guarantee this would never be done cause of the desire in part to have straight white men identify with them. Well when Kaldur was first shown I had good appreciation for. He was grounded young man that found to be very powerful, but confident. His major issue was coping with combined, mixed heritage. Then for some ...odd reason...after showing him clearly having amorous heterosexual feelings, its tacked on that he's gay. Not feeling the PC trend that I'm supposed to be all cool with it. I could easy make a case for how Bruce Wayne/Batman is gay based on behavioral oddities, but bottomline editorial will never make that happen. If there's such demand for gay black male heroes, then cool make one from his inception. If there's a conversation to have with black male heroes and sexuality it seems to be either none or he's gay. What's the case against this???? John Stewart, barely put in prominent position and relationship status showing...weak, Cyborg...lamo physically and figuratively neutered. Beyond that what straight black male heroes are conversation movers in DC?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •