Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Apparently Kaldur is pansexual.

He's dated other people but he's only been really in love with two people, Tula and Wyynde.

clarity from Greg Weisman on Kaldur's sexuality

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Yeah, I think Kaldur and Rocket was like the heat of the moment relationship. Everyone was sipping with each other why not them? Plus Rocket and Kaldur both moved on pretty quick it seems between Season 1 and 2.

I think it was Assam who suggested or theorized that Kaldur would fall in love with just about anybody depending on the person.

do you think the revelation that Kaldur is pan/polysexual could signal a similar reveal down the line for Jackson in the comics? How would you feel about Jackson coming out as pansexual after initially being believed to be gay? it's a story that we don't often see portrayed on screen, we often see people coming out as gay or bi, or realizing their gay after initially trying to be straight but he rarely explore the nuances of discovering your sexuality. I'm sure there are people out there who felt they were gay only to discover they find themselves more on the middle of the spectrum. I think it would be interesting territory to explore.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Astonishing Member

Overall, it is much appreciated to have some form of concrete standing as to who Young Justice's Kaldur/Aquaman is, sexually. It is unfortunate it took us this long to get to this point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    do you think the revelation that Kaldur is pan/polysexual could signal a similar reveal down the line for Jackson in the comics? How would you feel about Jackson coming out as pansexual after initially being believed to be gay? it's a story that we don't often see portrayed on screen, we often see people coming out as gay or bi, or realizing their gay after initially trying to be straight but he rarely explore the nuances of discovering your sexuality. I'm sure there are people out there who felt they were gay only to discover they find themselves more on the middle of the spectrum. I think it would be interesting territory to explore.
    Depending on how it would be handled long-term, it could be interesting. That said, as of right now, I'm not strictly feeling a need to do so for Jackson. As it stands, he would need someone who took his character evolution and care seriously, along with a permanent avenue to showcase the level of nuance that would be needed for such an exploration. Pragmatically speaking, keeping him as-is and exploring that side of him would be the safest bet, I feel at this time.

Glad Kaldur got the spotlight again.

spoilers:
    THe discussion with him and Dolphin(I think?) was a good moment that further places Kaldur's path on a rocky road of doubt. Considering what happened at s2 I wouldn't think he would go for the Anti-light option but re-firming that he is a good man was nice. Can't wait to see how this meshes as we go forward to the season finale.

ALso nice to see he found love again. Hopefully a tie in comic or future ep will give him and Wynne some much needed together time.
    end of spoilers
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I mean, if they're trying to keep the character presentation consistent...but I don't really equate Jackson to Kaldur at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Glad Kaldur got the spotlight again.

spoilers:
    THe discussion with him and Dolphin(I think?) was a good moment that further places Kaldur's path on a rocky road of doubt. Considering what happened at s2 I wouldn't think he would go for the Anti-light option but re-firming that he is a good man was nice. Can't wait to see how this meshes as we go forward to the season finale.

ALso nice to see he found love again. Hopefully a tie in comic or future ep will give him and Wynne some much needed together time.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    And hey, maybe Garth can get with Dolphin again this time since Kaldur's spoken for ?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, if they're trying to keep the character presentation consistent...but I don't really equate Jackson to Kaldur at this point.
    Yeah they have been two very different characters with varying levels of compelling...ness(?) but I think it would be the smartest move to bridge that gap. Kaldur is teetering on being another John Stewart situation where the character is compelling on screen but DC didn't bring that same energy on the page. Jackson has more hope tho, for the fact that he started out on TV relatively recently so he could always grow into his YJ incarnation.

currently following:

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Yeah they have been two very different characters with varying levels of compelling...ness(?) but I think it would be the smartest move to bridge that gap. Kaldur is teetering on being another John Stewart situation where the character is compelling on screen but DC didn't bring that same energy on the page. Jackson has more hope tho, for the fact that he started out on TV relatively recently so he could always grow into his YJ incarnation.
    Yeah at this point they need to just make them close to each other because there's already confusion.

It's also sad that people are hating him being Bi. Him and Tula is not considered a phase, he still loves her so I don't understand why people are saying his character is ruined. Kaldur was never defined by loving Tula anyway.

I'm still expecting at some point "Kaldur'ahm" is going to end up being his adopted Atlantean name.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Yeah at this point they need to just make them close to each other because there's already confusion.

It's also sad that people are hating him being Bi. Him and Tula is not considered a phase, he still loves her so I don't understand why people are saying his character is ruined. Kaldur was never defined by loving Tula anyway.
    Well because he started off as a straight black male hero, but since I won't disturb white male readership. The PC move was made to alter one of the very few great black male heroes and then gaslight any opposition for being homophobic! Worked to perfection Aqualad is trashed even more than what Damien was gleefully doing to him. Case in point the big news about him isn't his feats, or dominating a foe, and showing alpha levels of coolness. It's about him now being gay, or bi...??? This is superhero comics and that's his big deal?? Echoes of pandering. Well chuck him to the pile of black males that have had there sexuality muted along with aka tin can man Cyborg! Well Marvel are building their black male heroes and they are killing it as they should.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Well because he started off as a straight black male hero, but since I won't disturb white male readership. The PC move was made to alter one of the very few great black male heroes and then gaslight any opposition for being homophobic! Worked to perfection Aqualad is trashed even more than what Damien was gleefully doing to him. Case in point the big news about him isn't his feats, or dominating a foe, and showing alpha levels of coolness. It's about him now being gay, or bi...??? This is superhero comics and that's his big deal?? Echoes of pandering. Well chuck him to the pile of black males that have had there sexuality muted along with aka tin can man Cyborg! Well Marvel are building their black male heroes and they are killing it as they should.
    You're assuming "he started out as straight." Neither Kaldur in the show even back in Season 1 nor Jackson in the comics even back during Brightest Day were ever given conclusive statements to have made that assumption. And as we now know, such presumptuous assumption are and were incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still expecting at some point "Kaldur'ahm" is going to end up being his adopted Atlantean name.
    I hope so, I don't understand the need for 2 separate characters.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I hope so, I don't understand the need for 2 separate characters.
    It's basically what the cartoon did to rectify "Kon-El" with "Conner."