Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    That Aquaman didn't get much screen-time or focus in this half of the Season sucks. I'm not surprised, because I figured it would play out like that, but it does suck. Kaldur got even shorter a stick than he did in Season 2. It's what I was hoping against earlier, as a promotion doesn't mean as much if we don't really get to take it all it. Like I said, Kaldur was essentially "kicked upstairs" becoming Aquaman. With the lack of focus for both Kaldur and most all of the younger Team members, sans a focus episode for Beast Boy that still integrated members of the original 6 (the 4 of them that are still relevant, anyway), the idea that this will continue in the latter half is an apparent one. Still, all that can be done is hope this won't be the case.

I wonder what Waller has to do with anything to the point where she's fighting Aquaman? Seems like a mismatch.
    Haha yes I forgot it's AQUAMAN now . Waller seems to not fight Kaldur literally but more in a mind game. She can expose him if she wants from what i'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Haha yes I forgot it's AQUAMAN now . Waller seems to not fight Kaldur literally but more in a mind game. She can expose him if she wants from what i'm guessing.
    Feels like a nod to the iconic moment between her and Batman (just, probably, minus the secret identity surprise).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I presume it's running a covert ops group made of Supervillains whose brains she could blow up with a switch (and includes his dad) .
    I see. "Facing off" against Waller might not have been the best way to put it. I watched the teaser, and it was just usual Waller threats.

Fantastic Member

So, I was doing some research, and it seems Aqualad's new book now has a new title:

Aqualad: Fluid, Like Water.

Here's a link to the author's website

It seems the book is going to be released this year. I can't tell you how excited I am for this book to come out!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post
    So, I was doing some research, and it seems Aqualad's new book now has a new title:

It seems the book is going to be released this year. I can't tell you how excited I am for this book to come out!
    I'm looking forward to reading it, too. And hope this title is official/finalized.

I wonder how far it is in its production?

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post

This seems cool and I'm definitely interested. Do you know where we can find more information about this project?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I have this idea that just like how Tempest got a boost in his powers I would give Aqualad one too. I would give him Storm manipulation. It would work wonderfully with his hydrokinesis.

BANNED

Is it just me or As soon as Dan D got his power back we don't see Kaldur anymore....

Incredible Member

Honestly, as much as I like the YJ version, I feel as though the comicbook version had a great deal of potential.

Not to mention the YJ version I felt skipped a lot of character progression with Kaldur. I kind of like the fact that he has no confidence in himself in the comic only to grow into the heroic YJ portrayal.

AQUAMAN #50
    written by KELLY SUE DeCONNICK
    art by ROBSON ROCHA and DANIEL HENRIQUES
    cover by ROBSON ROCHA and JASON PAZ
    variant cover by RYAN SOOK

As Aquaman settles the Old Gods of Unspoken Water into their new lives in Amnesty Bay, Jackson Hyde, a.k.a. Aqua-lad, seeks out Aquaman to be his new mentor! Back in Atlantis, Mera makes a move that shocks the Widowhood.
    Meanwhile, Black Manta, recently kicked out of the Legion of Doom, prepares to make his next move against his greatest nemesis…but Lex Luthor is about to make him an offer he can’t refuse. Don’t miss our landmark 50th issue and the start of a brand-new story!

Well Jackson is coming back and meeting Aquaman Finally!

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    AQUAMAN #50
    written by KELLY SUE DeCONNICK
    art by ROBSON ROCHA and DANIEL HENRIQUES
    cover by ROBSON ROCHA and JASON PAZ
    variant cover by RYAN SOOK

As Aquaman settles the Old Gods of Unspoken Water into their new lives in Amnesty Bay, Jackson Hyde, a.k.a. Aqua-lad, seeks out Aquaman to be his new mentor! Back in Atlantis, Mera makes a move that shocks the Widowhood.
    Meanwhile, Black Manta, recently kicked out of the Legion of Doom, prepares to make his next move against his greatest nemesis…but Lex Luthor is about to make him an offer he can’t refuse. Don’t miss our landmark 50th issue and the start of a brand-new story!

seems more classic Aquaman, than recent story arc, but still no Aquaman and Mera reunited!!