Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Took their collective sweet time, but finally! Hope they're planning to commit to Jackson in the main Aquaman book during this story and beyond. Something akin to Wally/Wallace in The Flash, but better and more consistent (because when he's used, I feel he's used great, once again, Kid Flash is AFK in that book). And anything but Duke in King's Batman.
    I hope Jackson and Arthur get along well, minus the obvious drama with Manta.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I absolutely love this fanart! I miss Brightest Day's Jackson, especially his design. It was wonderful to see someone with that beautifully dark skin tone with dreads like those; both aspects, particularly the dreads, are few and far in between in Superhero land (as opposed to Black males with "respectable" buzz-cuts with designs in them). While I understand Rebirth's redesign puts him more visually closer to Kaldur, I wish they had stuck to his Brightest Day look.
    I liked Brightest Day Jackson as well. The dreads were awesome and I was sad to see them go. A nice compromise would be to have him grow his hair again and maybe keep one or two dreads blonde. I also liked how inexperienced he was with his powers and abilities. I also thought there was going to be a potential romance between him and Aquagirl (Lorena) which I also would have liked.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I just hope they reconnect Jackson with his Atlantean heritage and make it better. I can't believe Percy was allowed to ruin his heritage between him and his mother and give him effing Robin hand-me-downs. Straight disrespectful.

I also hope Aqualad gets along with Aquaman right off the bat because I don't need to see another version of New 52 Kid Flash and Barry.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I posted this in the old thread but I'm going to post it here again if people didn't see it.

Aqualad's background in DCUO. I stopped playing this game long time ago but I like that they added him. So for those who haven't played the game there are investigations and briefings which are collectibles that contain background info on the DCU. From characters, events and places.

Key takeaways for those who don't want to watch:

1) Joins the TT as Cyborgs replacement. Soon as Cyborg joins the JL, Aqualad was recruited.

2) Aqualad's mom wasn't surprised when he told her he had powers and joined TT. Confirmed to be gay in this universe.

3) Aqualad's mom reveals to him that he was born in Atlantis and is an Aquamancer.

4) Mom also reveals that he was born in Xebel. Kaldur is his Atlantean name while Jackson was his Earth name. This is of course to hide his identity and that Black Manta was his father. His mother takes him to Atlantis.

5) Trip to Atlantis. Meets Mera and Aquaman. Excited to meet them and excited that Mera is an Aquamancer.

6) This game does their own version of Rath story line from Aquaman and instead Mera call Aqualad to help.

Okay, this game handled Aqualad way better than the comics. It's similar but different. I always thought the logical thing to do was to combine Kaldur and Jackson, Kaldur being his birth name should've been obvious. His voice explaining these events sound way better than how he was written. He sounds more confident here and his relationship with his mom is better. I like how his mom took him to Atlantis and introduced him to basically everything. Him being excited about Mera being an Aquamancer like him seems like he would become her mentor. I love how soon as Cyborg joined the JL they recruited him. Seems like a big brother relationship could be developed which would be awesome. Aqualad should've been in the Rath story and I like how this game they put him in it.

This is what the his introduction in the comic SHOULD'VE been like.

Skip to 0:55 to start the Aqualad content.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope Jackson and Arthur get along well, minus the obvious drama with Manta.
    I'm honestly sure they will. Jackson already knows how much of piece of work his father is, for one.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I liked Brightest Day Jackson as well. The dreads were awesome and I was sad to see them go. A nice compromise would be to have him grow his hair again and maybe keep one or two dreads blonde. I also liked how inexperienced he was with his powers and abilities. I also thought there was going to be a potential romance between him and Aquagirl (Lorena) which I also would have liked.
    I'd have loved a compromise regarding his hair, too. And I agree that having him begin inexperienced but grow into his powers was sensible. It makes sense for the character to have some experience and the general basics out of the way on Young Justice (all of 'em were like that in Season 1), but in a comic book setting, Jackson being new and beginning from scratch is more satisfying, as we can see him grow and grow with him in turn.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I just hope they reconnect Jackson with his Atlantean heritage and make it better. I can't believe Percy was allowed to ruin his heritage between him and his mother and give him effing Robin hand-me-downs. Straight disrespectful.

I also hope Aqualad gets along with Aquaman right off the bat because I don't need to see another version of New 52 Kid Flash and Barry.
    While it definitely wasn't the most ideal, I am general comfortable with how they handled his basic integration in Rebirth, Damian and all.

On a different note, I'm not against antagonistic relationships/partnerships that begin that way on the outset and grow into something positive. Like, I never had any issue with Wally's/Wallace's intro to Barry being a negative one, because I knew it meant development into positive, and it did. I'm okay with not all relations starting off smoothly, as that means those progressions gain a level a meaning it can only attain in that way.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 04-14-2019 at 08:26 PM.

Yeah, I feel they'll get along pretty easily as well. Maaaaybe some slight hesitation from Arthur once he finds out he's Manta's son but I see him getting over that pretty quickly too.

I didn't too much mind the origins Percy gave him but the one they gave him for the DCUO is generally ideal. It was a perfect mix of his comics and YJ origins and seemes super natural. I think I'm just excited to see the voice KSD has for him. Percy obviously went with the newer somewhat naive approach but has it been enough time since his transition from the Titans to now that he's more comfortable and confident. The fact that he's seeking Arthur out could be a want for more training or is he still lost with nowhere to go?

Even though Manta didn't much care about Jackson when he was in TT, I'm almost positive he'll be SICK when he sees he's partnered with Arthur.

I don't think Black Manta will be happy to see Aquaman with his son. I would think this would make him angry since Aquaman killed his father and is now "taking away" his son.

Also, I'm sensing a potential Aqualad vs. Black Manta battle in the future:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I posted this in the old thread but I'm going to post it here again if people didn't see it.
    I didn't even know DC Universe Online did this kind of extensive character background. Cool .

I also think Aqualad's water-bearer's are pretty awesome. I like that they help him control water and they act as a nice break from all of the other trident-bearing characters.

Their morphing ability makes them really versatile.
    Last edited by nj06; 04-15-2019 at 11:22 AM.

I also think Aqualad's water-bearer's are pretty awesome. I like that they help him control water and they act as a nice break from all of the other trident-bearing characters.
    its a xebellian power. Now it all depends on how they will develop his character and origin after all this after New52.

I don't think Black Manta will be happy to see Aquaman with his son. I would think this would make him angry since Aquaman killed his father and is now "taking away" his son.

Also, I'm sensing a potential Aqualad vs. Black Manta battle in the future:

I don't know. Manta was pretty apathetic to Jackson when they met in Teen Titans. I doubt he'd see Jackson anything other than another Atlantian.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't know. Manta was pretty apathetic to Jackson when they met in Teen Titans. I doubt he'd see Jackson anything other than another Atlantian.
    I could honestly see him taking it as a personal affront that his blood is joining Aquaman, especially considering what Arthur did to his grandfather.

It would be like the ultimate payback to Manta by Arthur and Arthur didn't even plan on it .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Yeah, I feel they'll get along pretty easily as well. Maaaaybe some slight hesitation from Arthur once he finds out he's Manta's son but I see him getting over that pretty quickly too.
    I also think that if there is any hesitancy between the two forming a relationship, it'll be on Arthur's end, either due to hesitancy regarding the Black Manta connection or a "too much on his plate" type dealie. Either way, I'm sure it wouldn't last long.