Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Aqualad spotted in Year of the Villain. Supposedly, the characters here were specified to be drawn.

but Aquaman and Mera are not included!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    but Aquaman and Mera are not included!
    Mera probably should've been there but Iguess they went for non-main JL people for who to spotlight.

Astonishing Member

True but his boyfriend looked like a full blown adult nowhere close to a 16 year old. He's definitely not Garth's age though probably around 17-19.
    I didn't feel he did, personally (need to look at that point in the book again), but if so, it was definitely due to the artstyle. Ages weren't stated, but I got the takeaway that they were meant to be approximately the same age. (One teen wanting to be open, the other not wanting to risk the wrath and scorn of his father, and the latter breaks off with the former because of it.)

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

KSD did an interview and briefly talked about Aqualad
    https://www.newsarama.com/45185-kell...quaman-48.html

"Nrama: Let’s talk about issue #50. The solicitations have already revealed that Jackson Hyde and Black Manta. Can you talk about what’s coming up with Jackson Hyde?

DeConnick: Jackson and Arthur meet in issue #50, or at least make contact in #50. And he’s going to be a regular part of our cast in Amnesty Bay.

I got to do a lot of learning about him. I didn’t know too much about him, really. That was pretty cool. I like him a lot."

Him being part of the main cast is nice. She says she didn't know him too much but I hope she also took some things from YJ and Johns version.

"Nrama: Let’s talk about issue #50. The solicitations have already revealed that Jackson Hyde and Black Manta. Can you talk about what’s coming up with Jackson Hyde?

DeConnick: Jackson and Arthur meet in issue #50, or at least make contact in #50. And he’s going to be a regular part of our cast in Amnesty Bay.

I got to do a lot of learning about him. I didn’t know too much about him, really. That was pretty cool. I like him a lot."

Him being part of the main cast is nice. She says she didn't know him too much but I hope she also took some things from YJ and Johns version.
    don't get too excited, her history speaks for her, she doesn't give the supporting cast too much space.The fact that she didn't know much about certain parts of Aquaman's history, speaks volumes why the book has lost so much appeal and readers. I suspect Jackson is somehow forced on her with this year of the villain. Till now traditional Aquaman and its historic characters hasn't been her strong point.

I'm glad he's joining the main cast and I hope she uses him well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Same, and agreed.

I also agree. He can definitely use more character development and him being in the Aquaman title is long overdue.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Aqualad Young Justice version
    IMG_20190516_155353.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I also agree. He can definitely use more character development and him being in the Aquaman title is long overdue.
    I read today's KSD new extensive interview, twice, she seems more concerned on other issues, some with weird reasoning behind them, such as Arthur's home is determined by his dog!! Now Putting that aside.
    She doesn't even mention Aqualad.
    Now don't take me wrong, I don't want to dash hopes of anyone, she seems, for this story arc at least, more concerned about Arthur finding his human roots, expecting backlash from fans about Arthur/Mera. About Ethical character and his "call" ability etc
    In all this, I find it hard that Aqualad will have much space, maybe initially, but not much.

August solicitation

AQUAMAN #51
    written by KELLY SUE DeCONNICK
    art by ROBSON ROCHA and DANIEL HENRIQUES
    cover by ROBSON ROCHA and JASON PAZ
    card stock variant cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON
    Lex Luthor’s surprising offer to Black Manta is revealed! But is it too good to be true? Plus, a gruesome murder in Amnesty Bay shocks the town to its core…and the prime suspects are none other than the Old Gods! Can Aquaman and his new partner Aqualad solve this murder mystery?
    ON SALE 08.21.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99
    FC | RATED T
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    I read today's KSD new extensive interview, twice, she seems more concerned on other issues, some with weird reasoning behind them, such as Arthur's home is determined by his dog!! Now Putting that aside.
    She doesn't even mention Aqualad.
    Now don't take me wrong, I don't want to dash hopes of anyone, she seems, for this story arc at least, more concerned about Arthur finding his human roots, expecting backlash from fans about Arthur/Mera. About Ethical character and his "call" ability etc
    In all this, I find it hard that Aqualad will have much space, maybe initially, but not much.
    He may not do much but its been long overdue for Jackson to meet Arthur. I don't have a huge problem with KSD run yet so we'll see.

August solicitation

AQUAMAN #51
    written by KELLY SUE DeCONNICK
    art by ROBSON ROCHA and DANIEL HENRIQUES
    cover by ROBSON ROCHA and JASON PAZ
    card stock variant cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON
    Lex Luthor’s surprising offer to Black Manta is revealed! But is it too good to be true? Plus, a gruesome murder in Amnesty Bay shocks the town to its core…and the prime suspects are none other than the Old Gods! Can Aquaman and his new partner Aqualad solve this murder mystery?
    ON SALE 08.21.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99
    FC | RATED T
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

Aquaman with Aqualad as a partner? That hasn't been a thing since...I guess technically Brightest Day?

Sounds good. I just realized we might get Jackson on a Middleton variant at some point. That alone has me hype.

Aquaman with Aqualad as a partner? That hasn't been a thing since...I guess technically Brightest Day?
    Yep, and almost approaching 10 years now since we seen that dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Sounds good. I just realized we might get Jackson on a Middleton variant at some point. That alone has me hype.
    Yes, can't wait to see some Aqualad art!