View Poll Results: How would you grade the episode?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

10 47.62%
  • B

7 33.33%
  • C

3 14.29%
  • D

0 0%
  • F

1 4.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Default The Gifted episode 10 "eneMy of My eneMy" Discussion (spoilers)

Synopsis: The Mutant Underground wrestles with the idea of recruiting the Inner Circle to assist them. Andy considers reconnecting with his family when he learns about his father's powers, but Lauren may not be as willing to have him back as their parents. Find out if the Mutant Underground and Inner Circle will be able to put their differences aside in order to save John from the Purifiers.

Reminder: the show has moved forwards 1 hour and will air at 9/8c for the rest of the season.

Feel free to post theories, hopes, worries, etc.

For me at this point in the show my main motivation is finding out whether Lauren Strucker goes go down a path of "unraveling" and whether the destiny inherent in her and her brother Andy's genes is more compelling than their parents' voice of morality, conscience, and restraint.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

So I loved this episode. Really enjoyed the reunions, and the tension that it presented. I was so glad to see more action. So much to love with those scenes. Polaris and Eclipse taking on the Purifiers outside, Andy and Lauren's badass entrance, and Blink teleporting that bullet back at the Purifier was amazing. Andy breaking both those guys legs was crazy. Such a fun episode.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-01-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    So I loved this episode. Really enjoyed the reunions, and the tension that it presented. I was so glad to see more action. So much to love with those scenes. Polaris and Eclipse taking on the Purifiers outside, Andy and Lauren's badass entrance, and Blink teleporting that bullet back at the Purifier was amazing. Andy breaking both those guys legs was crazy. Such a fun episode.
    YEP. I loved the episode. Even the MU /Eclaris sappy flashback at the start couldn't put me off this wonderful episode

I felt the MU was *so* sanctimonious early on but then thankfully the show also gave us the Inner Circle perspective for some balance

This episode finally had a good action/battle sequence as well

Andy and Lauren walking side by side and just obliterating everyone is giving me life

Blink got better with her portals

Crazy the scenes with Jace and Thunderbird. Really way more intense than I thought it'd be , and it made Jace lose ALL his inhibitions now. Even though what Thunderbird told him was the truth, there really is a separate mutant group called the Inner Circle. Maybe Jace will eventually find that out... but by that point it'll be too late for him.

I liked the way Andy and his parents reunited it was very sweet really

Caitlin still judges him for "going too far" at the end and tells Lauren they have to destroy the Inner Circle bleh

No Caitlin. I think Lauren is going to join Andy and you'll find out just what it's like to have both kids as "monsters" hahahahahaha

OBEY

First episode all season that I loved!

Still lots of potholes and mediocre acting. But we finally got an episode with teamwork and good use of visual effects.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

They gotta stop it with those songs at the end of each episode. It doesn't make things more dramatic like they're hoping.

And the capitalization of every 'M' and 'X' in the titles is looking more and more stupid by the day.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Turner has gone full crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    They gotta stop it with those songs at the end of each episode. It doesn't make things more dramatic like they're hoping.

And the capitalization of every 'M' and 'X' in the titles is looking more and more stupid by the day.
    Agree with the songs.

Why so angry about the capital letters though? Lol. Seems something so trivial to have an opinion on.

They were obviously gonna spell XMEN over four seasons but looks like we won’t make it that far.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Great episode. Glad this show is back and really raising the stakes. Thunderbird really shined here, but the Von Strucker twins stole the show when they teamed up again. They're a powerhouse when they're together, but the divisions between them really showed. It looks like Lauren setting the stage for a major confrontation with her brother. I have a feeling that she'll be instrumental in how this season ends. Every clash with the Purifiers only seems to embolden them and sway public opinion in their favor. It's all building towards something big and I have a feeling the finale this season is going to be something special.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Agree with the songs.

Why so angry about the capital letters though? Lol. Seems something so trivial to have an opinion on.

They were obviously gonna spell XMEN over four seasons but looks like we won’t make it that far.
    Not angry, just slightly irritated.

BANNED

Good episode. The reunion gimmick was needed and I like how Lorna and Andy didnt get weak around the other side. Hopefully Lauren turns heel too...I mean honestly..her look just doesnt mesh as a hero. She looks like a villain top to bottom.

Spectacular Member

It was a good episode. Sad to see no one really watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Good episode. The reunion gimmick was needed and I like how Lorna and Andy didnt get weak around the other side. Hopefully Lauren turns heel too...I mean honestly..her look just doesnt mesh as a hero. She looks like a villain top to bottom.
    You and me are totally on the same wavelength here

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    It was a good episode. Sad to see no one really watched it.
    New Year's Day explains it a lot I think

OBEY

I can't believe the Struckers: hurting the genocidal, racist, psychopath who was trying to literally murder you and your sister is BAD and you are EVIL for it. Urgh, Andy is better off without them.

Especially the mother at the end going on about how destroying the Inner Circle will bring him back to them. No you utter moron that will drive him away and turn him against you forever, how bloody stupid can you get? Urgh!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I can't believe I didn't think of this. I just figured X for X-Gene, M for Mutant. Didn't even occur to me what would come next. Now it seems so obvious!

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    I can't believe the Struckers: hurting the genocidal, racist, psychopath who was trying to literally murder you and your sister is BAD and you are EVIL for it. Urgh, Andy is better off without them.

Especially the mother at the end going on about how destroying the Inner Circle will bring him back to them. No you utter moron that will drive him away and turn him against you forever, how bloody stupid can you get? Urgh!
    The parents seemed particularly clueless this episode. Very loving--overwhelmed to see their son again--but no longer any kind of authority figures or reliable sources of wisdom. Kind of like most parents in Young Adult fiction (for example, the Weasley parents in the Harry Potter series). Not sure what to make of that--Stephen Moyer is a good actor and I wish he had a meatier role--but his story has been put on the back burner. But again, this might be good dramatically--we were all getting tired of his inability to control his reawakened powers. They kind of found a plot device to solve that for now. Mom is the only non-mutant left in the group--I get the vibe from her that she's all this bleeding-heart "everyone is equal" and "I love everyone" on the surface, but there is a lot of anxiety and insecurity underneath about her position. She seems to hang on to her role as mother to keep her sanity with everything that's going on. Her seeming contradictions, like thinking if they destroy the inner circle her little boy will return to his family, might be a result of that psychological conflict. (That is, she is trying to keep Andy as her little boy, like he was before his powers developed, and keeps denying his current reality, status, beliefs because these are extremely threatening to her in an existential way.)

XFinity On Demand finally put up this episode! I missed it entirely on Monday. I hope the ratings are okay; New Year's night might have been a bad time to debut the rest of the season.

This episode was very good. I've read some negative reviews and I don't get the criticism.

My only complaint was Jace Turner's utter craziness. I know, he is supposed to be unhinged by his daughter's death, but he was always in such control, his mission of revenge hidden from everyone including himself, by his effectiveness as a government agent, by the rules and regulations of being a public servant. I understand, once he was fired and his wife left him, he unraveled more and more. But the thing with the headphones--it was almost silly. Jace moves between that and gunshots to John's torso, then he loses it has pulls his revolver, aiming at John's head. Even too crazy for the evil crazy Purifiers. That scene, the choice being "power tools" or "headphones" seemed kind of strange. I can't believe Jace doesn't have more sophisticated means of torturing his captives. He just seemed to go off the deep end in this episode. It all might make sense by the end of the season.

I was genuinely moved by Andy's reunion with his parents. The awkward reunion of Lorna and Marcos. I really like Lorna's gradual evolution--her black outfit (replete with keyhole cleavage) and those earrings -- it seems like she's channeling Reeva more and more as she gets in deeper with Inner Circle plans.

I wonder if Lauren's cynicism of Andy's intentions is merited. I mean, is Andy really committed to Reeva's cause and was this visit to his parents part of some plan; is he using his parents' unfiltered love for him to Reeva's advantage. Lauren is tied to him and knows his mind.

As an aside, I looked up Sean Teale (Marcos/Eclipse) on IMdB and he was the lead in the short-lived awesome science fiction show "Incorporated"! He was Ben! That show was too radical for corporate owned television. I guess other "Incorporated" and X-Men fans already figured this out.

Anyway, a good episode, not as good as Lorna's moments (handing Dawn to the woman who Magneto chose to raise her, crafting her Magneto medallion into her new headpiece) or paced as well as Ep. 9, (had some great character moments, action, and displays of mutant power).

I'm really hoping there's a season 3. The FOX/Disney deal is set to be decided by the end of this month, so I suppose we'll find out the fate of all Marvel shows on television networks that are not controlled by Disney.
    Last edited by Rivka; 01-03-2019 at 02:51 PM.