Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Wow, that looks good. Completely accurate costume.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Dc year villain.

Attachment 82447
    I assume that cover's getting changed? The logo's outdated.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That JLO #12 cover was indeed updated.

God, the ending though....

spoilers:
    The entire team has been wiped out. Cyborg, Starfire and Azrael have been brainwashed by Darkseid. And then... ...Jessica was killed.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

spoilers:
    I don't think she's truly dead. The Omega Effect, the Death that is Life has probably sent her back in time or in some sort of Beyond where she'll gathers allies and strike back. She is the only hope of the Ghost Sector, after all.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Jessica Cruz co-creator Ethan Van Sciver just uploaded a video giving his thoughts regarding DC killing the character.

Seems relevant :

JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY #14
    written by DAN ABNETT
    art and cover by WILL CONRAD
    variant cover by LUCIO PARILLO
    An unknown warrior assembles Green Lantern Jessica Cruz and various heroes to form a new JLO as guardians of the Ghost Sector. Vastly outnumbered against Darkseid’s savage para-angel strikeforce, they’re going to have to fight their way through Darkseid’s new multi-planet realm of Apokolips to take control of Sepulkore or die trying. What choice do they have? The entire universe is depending on them...
    ON SALE 10.09.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Seems relevant :

written by DAN ABNETT
    An unknown warrior assembles Green Lantern Jessica Cruz and various heroes to form a new JLO as guardians of the Ghost Sector. Vastly outnumbered against Darkseid’s savage para-angel strikeforce, they’re going to have to fight their way through Darkseid’s new multi-planet realm of Apokolips to take control of Sepulkore or die trying. What choice do they have? The entire universe is depending on them...
    ON SALE 10.09.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+
    I'm guessing the cat is Dex-Starr
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm guessing the cat is Dex-Starr
    The big guy looks like it could be Damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    That's also what I think, but I wonder how he got himself up in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Jessica Cruz co-creator Ethan Van Sciver just uploaded a video giving his thoughts regarding DC killing the character.

Never found Van Sciver to be very reliable or worth listening to, given his membership with They Who Must Not Be Named and is general nasty nature, although he seems far less unhinged her then elsewhere (listen to his Star Wars rants sometime if you don't believe me), although I'm not sure how much blind speculation is worth. Really funny to hear him downplaying his role in creating the character, given that she (and Green Lantern work in general) is arguably what he'll be best known for (besides They Who Must Not Be Named).

(Wouldn't give much credence to Bleeding Fool, either; it's just a propaganda site for They Who Must Not Be Named. Really ironic that they're up in arms over Jessica, a character who goes against all their ideology, being killed off in a story. You'd think they'd be happy to see less propaganda.)

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Seems relevant :

written by DAN ABNETT
    ON SALE 10.09.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+
    That's a relief. Jessica is my favorite DC character and I was feeling pretty bummed when it looked like she was done in the main comics. Wonder if her being the largest character indicates that she's going to be the main one of the story, or just a marketing thing?

The story looks really interesting in any event, more so then the descriptions for Odyssey going in. If the cat is Dex-Starr, I'm really interested to see how he and Jessica, from enemy Lantern factions, get along (or not). Kinda hoping that the guy on the far left is Simon Baz; it's been too long since these partners have been together.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    definitely looks like his silhouette, it could also be Arkillo
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Never found Van Sciver to be very reliable or worth listening to, given his membership with They Who Must Not Be Named and is general nasty nature, although he seems far less unhinged her then elsewhere (listen to his Star Wars rants sometime if you don't believe me), although I'm not sure how much blind speculation is worth. Really funny to hear him downplaying his role in creating the character, given that she (and Green Lantern work in general) is arguably what he'll be best known for (besides They Who Must Not Be Named).

(Wouldn't give much credence to Bleeding Fool, either; it's just a propaganda site for They Who Must Not Be Named. Really ironic that they're up in arms over Jessica, a character who goes against all their ideology, being killed off in a story. You'd think they'd be happy to see less propaganda.)

That's a relief. Jessica is my favorite DC character and I was feeling pretty bummed when it looked like she was done in the main comics. Wonder if her being the largest character indicates that she's going to be the main one of the story, or just a marketing thing?

The story looks really interesting in any event, more so then the descriptions for Odyssey going in. If the cat is Dex-Starr, I'm really interested to see how he and Jessica, from enemy Lantern factions, get along (or not). Kinda hoping that the guy on the far left is Simon Baz; it's been too long since these partners have been together.
    Only took a quick pass on the EVS video but from what I heard, if DC isn't paying him or Johns royalties then there's no way in hell Jessica will ever die. Why would DC kill off a character they own 100%? Same goes for Kyle too apparently. So that made me feel a little better.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    Only took a quick pass on the EVS video but from what I heard, if DC isn't paying him or Johns royalties then there's no way in hell Jessica will ever die. Why would DC kill off a character they own 100%? Same goes for Kyle too apparently. So that made me feel a little better.
    Yeah, according to EVS, he doesn't get royalties and was given the standard paycheck for the work plus a complimentary bonus when multimedia deals with the character were signed. While I haven't found him to be a reliable source of info, I don't see any reason to disbelieve him on that.

As far as whether they'd kill Jessica off with no plans for a resurrection, I guess that would depend on what creative decisions they had in mind for the GL franchise. On one hand, newer legacy characters are far more likely to get taken off the board, while, on the other hand, she has become something of a small-scale breakout character.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I think Simon's more in danger then Jessica is at this point.

Definitely. Jessica is female, that's a major advantage in this modern era of equality. If they chose to reduce the Earth GLs from six to three, it'd almost certainly be Guy, Kyle and Simon who get the chop.

Also, Jessica is in DC Superhero Girls, whereas Simon's never been used in the kids cartoons.