Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. What I had in mind was that they might decide to relaunch Titans with the TV show's characters. That's Nightwing, Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire, and Donna Troy. For that to happen, Starfire needs freeing up, which would mean JLO would have to go (they also need to resolve that Ric Grayson nonsense in Nightwing). All I was doing was thinking, what would happen to Jessica Cruz if Justice League Odyssey was cancelled?

Fatal Five sneak peek breakdown:
    http://www.watchtowerdatabase.com/20...eek-breakdown/

I would hope that when JLO inevitably ends, DC would find a new home for Jessica and not toss her into limbo like they did with Guy and Simon (Kyle looks to be heading there too).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I would hope that when JLO inevitably ends, DC would find a new home for Jessica and not toss her into limbo like they did with Guy and Simon (Kyle looks to be heading there too).
    I think she's probably guaranteed to show up again in something if JLO ends, far more likelier then Guy, Simon or Kyle headlining a book (unfortunately).

Well, this goes back to what I said about the Titans cancellation. If JLO ends too, and Starfire is part of a Titans relaunch, maybe she'll bring Jessica with her?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I agree with this prediction. I really wouldn’t be surprised if Hal and John were the focus of the first Green Lantern Corps. movie and Jessica is included in the second. Or even have have her show up in the first flick. Maybe Hal as the veteran and John and Jessica as the new recruits. DC and Marvel are trying to get some diversity in their respective universes and as a Hispanic woman, Jessica is a perfect candidate for a push. Plus the fact that she deals with mental health issues makes her very relatable to a lot of people.
    I recall there was a rumor floating around that the DCEU Green Lantern Corps movie that's intended to be made would be about Hal Jordan being lost in the Galaxy and that Jessica and Simon Baz would be the rookies assigned to find him. Not sure how solid the rumor is, but certainly there is buzz to have Jessica (and Simon?) to have some kind of big screen debut. Certainly there have been the occasional web think pieces in support of them over a more conventional choice.

That said, it would seem likely that Jessica's chances of getting into a movie would be better then not; she has become something of a breakout character with several appearances in non-comics media and was included in the roster of iconic characters in the current DCEU movie logo, meaning the people in charge are certainly aware of her. Only hangup I can see is that her backstory is a little convoluted, so some streamlining would be in order.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, this goes back to what I said about the Titans cancellation. If JLO ends too, and Starfire is part of a Titans relaunch, maybe she'll bring Jessica with her?
    All I ask is that they have Jessica talking with her ring more in JLO. Can she even charge her ring in Ghost Sector? I hope they give her a bit more to do in upcoming issues, and damn it write her talking with her ring. I love Jessica's snarky ring, it's like a buddy character in itself.

But I agree with everyone her, with DC featuring her in a DCAU movie this year there is no way they will write Jessica out. She is on the kid show Superhero Girls, she is a featured character in the upcoming DCAU movie, and her comic run in Green Lanterns got tons of positive reviews and buzz last year. I definitely think they will introduce her in the official Green Lantern movie, even if they have her get her ring at the end of the first movie and then put her more front and centre in the sequel (if everything works out). Just have her talk to her ring in the movie, that would be refreshing in a live action hero movie to have her having an anxiety attack and talking to her ring at the same time. I think Jessica could easily be a breakout character in the Green Lantern movies, she has such a dynamic personality compared to the other lanterns.

Meet Jessica Cruz! I love her on this show already! I have a feeling she's going to be one of the more popular characters since she has a cool design and personality
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

Meet Jessica Cruz! I love her on this show already! I have a feeling she's going to be one of the more popular characters since she has a cool design and personality
    Jessica looks like a lot of fun, and the show's handling of the constructs look really cool too .

It'll also be interesting to see a more assertive and pacifist Jessica, but I guess we have Justice League vs. Fatal Five for a more "traditional" take.

I wonder who's voicing her. The accent sounds like Cristina Milizia but the voice is much more lower-pitched.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jessica looks like a lot of fun, and the show's handling of the constructs look really cool too .

It'll also be interesting to see a more assertive and pacifist Jessica, but I guess we have Justice League vs. Fatal Five for a more "traditional" take.

I wonder who's voicing her. The accent sounds like Cristina Milizia but the voice is much more lower-pitched.
    I actually preferred the portrayal in the first run of Super Hero Girls "Ring Me Maybe". I thought it was a bit more in character for Jessica because she had anxiety in that portrayal but she was still shown to be an effective Green Lantern at the end of the 4 parter.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I actually preferred the portrayal in the first run of Super Hero Girls "Ring Me Maybe". I thought it was a bit more in character for Jessica because she had anxiety in that portrayal but she was still shown to be an effective Green Lantern at the end of the 4 parter.
    I agree that the original was definitely closer to her comic counterpart, but I'm hopeful her portrayal in the reboot will still do her justice .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I agree that the original was definitely closer to her comic counterpart, but I'm hopeful her portrayal in the reboot will still do her justice .
    Yeah, I suppose I should give it a chance (haha, not that I am in the right demographic for that cartoon). Maybe they will portray her more close to her real character personality in the episodes.

It doesn't matter, the DCAU movie looks like it is going to be an accurate portrayal and I am looking forward to that. Please let the new writers portray her better on JLO, so far none of her personality is really coming out in that comic.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

While I agree we have way too many Earth-based Green Lanterns, damn it if Jessica wasn't a great addition. The Corps shines brighter for having her ring among its number.

So, this article has the newest trailer for Justice League vs the Fatal Five, and it has caught my attention because of what it's hinting for Jessica's future : she's still active in the 31st Century, as Limelight ?

At least, I understood it like that but I could be wrong. What's fascinating is that it's hinting at her moving away from the Green Lanterns and becoming immortal/long-lived. I wonder if JLO could be tied to it, considering the theme of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    So, this article has the newest trailer for Justice League vs the Fatal Five, and it has caught my attention because of what it's hinting for Jessica's future : she's still active in the 31st Century, as Limelight ?

At least, I understood it like that but I could be wrong. What's fascinating is that it's hinting at her moving away from the Green Lanterns and becoming immortal/long-lived. I wonder if JLO could be tied to it, considering the theme of the series.
    It could also be in the cartoon that Jessica's descendent defeats the Fatal Five at some point. They could be trying to prevent their future defeat.

LOL "Lime-Light" that's cute!
    Hope it sticks.
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-05-2019 at 08:23 PM.

art by Leandro Matos