Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I can't help but be a bit concerned about this. How is this any different compared to what Christopher Golden & Tom Sniegoski were doing in 1998?
    I remember everyone and their mother being all up in arms about the Punisher becoming a supernatural demon-killer.
    I think the uproar then was that, as I remember, Frank himself had become supernatural and had supernatural weapons and so on.

This seems more like Frank is still Frank but he's armed with some Asgardian gear maybe and he's gunning for some specific targets and once it's done, it's done.

And while this is running, we've still got Rosenberg in the main Punisher title and it's old school Frank all the way.

The Golden/Sniegoski Punisher was a radical rethinking of the character that seemed in danger of getting rid of all the classic Punisher trappings.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I think the uproar then was that, as I remember, Frank himself had become supernatural and had supernatural weapons and so on.

This seems more like Frank is still Frank but he's armed with some Asgardian gear maybe and he's gunning for some specific targets and once it's done, it's done.

And while this is running, we've still got Rosenberg in the main Punisher title and it's old school Frank all the way.

The Golden/Sniegoski Punisher was a radical rethinking of the character that seemed in danger of getting rid of all the classic Punisher trappings.
    I'm not interested in seeing Frank as "an Asgardified Frank Castle taking his punishment to demonic entities." To me, the Punisher works as best as a street vigilante doing what Frank does best. Some characters just don't mix well with supernatural or cosmic based storylines. I won't read this one and I don't read the Cosmic Ghost Rider either (which may be a fun book, but just something I'm not interested in). I feel the same way about Batman (my favorite comic character). He gets into so many stories with the Justice League that takes him into space, time travel, etc, and while some of these stories are good I still feel like he's best left in Gotham as a street level defender for the innocent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    I'm not interested in seeing Frank as "an Asgardified Frank Castle taking his punishment to demonic entities." To me, the Punisher works as best as a street vigilante doing what Frank does best.
    Sure. I think most people would agree. That said, having an occasional Punisher story with a different flavor to it seems fine to me.

I wouldn't want it to be the new status quo but Duggan's a great writer and Ferreyra is a great artist so I imagine this will be a fun mini.

Easy enough for people to skip it, though, if it's not for them.

Amazing Member

Huge punisher fan, just posting to get updates to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Sure. I think most people would agree. That said, having an occasional Punisher story with a different flavor to it seems fine to me.

I wouldn't want it to be the new status quo but Duggan's a great writer and Ferreyra is a great artist so I imagine this will be a fun mini.

Easy enough for people to skip it, though, if it's not for them.
    Okay. If you're saying this Asgardian thing is just the Punisher going through a transitional phase, then I'll take your word for it.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-10-2019 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Punisher makes a brief speaking appearance in Asgardians of the Galaxy.

it's time for another Punisher video game. I wonder why something isn't being produced that takes its cues from the Arkham Batman games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    it's time for another Punisher video game. I wonder why something isn't being produced that takes its cues from the Arkham Batman games.
    Hopefully with the success of PS4's Spider-Man, we see more. A Punisher game in the same vein as Splinter Cell Blacklist would be awesome to me.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    YES! A Punisher game could be sick.

A GTA style Punisher game would actually be lit! Just picture free roaming with the battle van to any location. I would even have a couple chapters take place outside of NYC.

Can't wait for the next Daredevil issue!!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just another day at the office for Frank, only a little crazier than usual.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just another day at the office for Frank, only a little crazier than usual.
    Yup! Looks fun. I'll definitely try and pick it up.

Best dialogue between Frank and Logan I've ever read.