Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

This arc is truly excellent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SymbioteCastle View Post
    Just read the latest issue. The stage is set for good showdowns.
    Hell yeah it is! The last page of this issue was bad ass. Can't wait to see Frank and Zemo come face to face.

I've been collecting comics for 30 years and was never much of a Punisher fan. I picked up a few books here and there over the years, but was never a true "fan". That changed when the Netflix shows aired. I love Daredevil comics and loved the show, along with Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Defenders, Iron Fist, and Punisher. Just an awesome set of shows!!

I recently started reading some Punisher books and have to say I'm really enjoying the current series! Can't wait to see what he does to Zemo when all is said and done!!

Just read the latest issue and Frank really lets loose this issue. Looking forward to issue 11.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SymbioteCastle View Post
    Just read the latest issue and Frank really lets loose this issue. Looking forward to issue 11.
    YES!!!

This issue was Frank unleashed. Zemo oughta get out while the gettin's good.

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    I've been collecting comics for 30 years and was never much of a Punisher fan. I picked up a few books here and there over the years, but was never a true "fan". That changed when the Netflix shows aired. I love Daredevil comics and loved the show, along with Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Defenders, Iron Fist, and Punisher. Just an awesome set of shows!!

I recently started reading some Punisher books and have to say I'm really enjoying the current series! Can't wait to see what he does to Zemo when all is said and done!!
    Rosenberg has really shown that Frank can be written and work well within the confines of the greater Marvel universe. Rucka did the same. But this is to a whole new level and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    YES!!!

This issue was Frank unleashed. Zemo oughta get out while the gettin's good.
    Jigsaw's the one who should be running. Zemo actually has resources.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Jigsaw's the one who should be running. Zemo actually has resources.
    Those resources don't seem to be doing him much good, correct? Also, Jigsaw is secondary to Frank right now. It's Zemo that he wants.

Those resources don't seem to be doing him much good, correct? Also, Jigsaw is secondary to Frank right now. It's Zemo that he wants.
    Jigsaw just kidnapped the nun. he's clearly around to take the hit for Zemo. Frank has an arsenal. Zemo has a country. and he has done a lot of damage to Frank. Frank was captured and imprisoned. Taskmaster beat the crap out of him. frank had to be saved. Frank hasn't even made it to the part of Bagalia that's full of supervillains.

BANNED

Jigsaw just kidnapped the nun. he's clearly around to take the hit for Zemo. Frank has an arsenal. Zemo has a country. and he has done a lot of damage to Frank. Frank was captured and imprisoned. Taskmaster beat the crap out of him. frank had to be saved. Frank hasn't even made it to the part of Bagalia that's full of supervillains.
    Frank's gunning for Zemo. He'll get around to Jigsaw.

Also, Jigsaw actually welcomes going toe to toe with Frank. He's openly taunting him by kidnapping the nun.

I think Zemo's much less keen for a one on one confrontation.

Frank's gunning for Zemo. He'll get around to Jigsaw.

Also, Jigsaw actually welcomes going toe to toe with Frank. He's openly taunting him by kidnapping the nun.

I think Zemo's much less keen for a one on one confrontation.
    that's why I don't see Punisher being much of a threat to him. when things get desperate enough for Zemo to be in survival mode, he would have already brought a real army to deal with Frank (who no longer has the war machine armor).

BANNED

that's why I don't see Punisher being much of a threat to him.
    Zemo has underestimated Frank from the start. All his preparations and safeguards against Frank have turned to sh*t.

Zemo won't be killed, obviously, because he's Zemo. But his encounter with Frank is gonna leave a mark.

Zemo has underestimated Frank from the start. All his preparations and safeguards against Frank have turned to sh*t.
    his plan didn't work. but keep in mind that this wasn't about defeating Castle. he wanted him as a personal weapon. and he had every reason to believe that Frank could be used this way because of the latter's gullibility during Secret Empire. all the damage that Frank is doing now is just to make up for the crap he did in the last event. and it is his book. it'd be weird if the safeguards held.

Zemo won't be killed, obviously, because he's Zemo. But his encounter with Frank is gonna leave a mark.
    yeah but they purposely gave Zemo something to lose; to offset just how little a threat Frank is. Zemo wasn't running Bagalia before this. he wasn't trying to curry political favors. he was basically a field agent for Hydra; just like Frank. he led a successful raid of Atlantea. and he's already had a physical encounter with Frank. he used the Ghost tech to get away. so Frank has kind of overestimated his own lethalness. he expects everyone to fall and operate like mob figures. that's how he got caught. not that it will come to it but Zemo is often underrated as a physical combatant (see: fight w/ Ian Rogers or Falcon).

BANNED

yeah but they purposely gave Zemo something to lose; to offset just how little a threat Frank is. Zemo wasn't running Bagalia before this. he wasn't trying to curry political favors. he was basically a field agent for Hydra; just like Frank. he led a successful raid of Atlantea. and he's already had a physical encounter with Frank. he used the Ghost tech to get away. so Frank has kind of overestimated his own lethalness. he expects everyone to fall and operate like mob figures. that's how he got caught. not that it will come to it but Zemo is often underrated as a physical combatant (see: fight w/ Ian Rogers or Falcon).
    If you think that Frank will not put a serious hurt on Zemo by the end of all this, I don't know what to tell you except to keep reading.

I think we can all say issue 11 and 12 cannot come quick enough. As by judging from the solicitation to issue 12 this story is about get alot more interesting.
    PUN2018012.jpg

THE PUNISHER #12

MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W) • Szymon Kudranski (A)
    Cover by GREG SMALLWOOD
    THE EVIL THAT MEN DO…
    • Baron Zemo’s plans are revealed to be even more sinister than believed.
    • As Frank and Zemo’s war extends beyond Bagalia, the stakes get higher and the clock is ticking.
    • What lines will Frank cross to stop Zemo?
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99