Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Reading Frank shoot the breeze with old colleagues was certainly a wonderful sight to see.

Just sad news that everything will be coming to an end, though.
    Agreed. But what a damn fine run it's been.

And when It's over, we'll have the return of Ennis to look forward to. Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Agreed. But what a damn fine run it's been.

And when It's over, we'll have the return of Ennis to look forward to. Good times!
    Good times, indeed. Can't wait.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Oh my gods, how is no one talking about Punisher Kill Krew!?

Issue #3 is so much fun, I also couldn't believe how heartwarming it was.

I never would have thought the trio of Castle, Juggy, and Foggy would be so great!

All I gotta say is seeing Juggs destroy Frost Giants is so much fun, I wish we had seen action like that in War of The Realms proper and seeing him cry after what Castle shows him tugs at my heartstrings.

BANNED

Gotta give a shout out to the conclusion of Rosenberg's Punisher run.

He really wrapped things up nicely, putting a satisfying bow on 27 issues of mayhem.

This has been one of my favorite Punisher runs and I feel that, in his own way, Rosenberg got damn close to Ennis level quality.

His run was brutal, funny, and Frank was true to himself throughout.

It was a blast to see him go toe to toe with a baddie of Zemo's stature and really make the guy sweat.

Sorry to see it all end but I'm happy that it ran as long as it did (I don't think anyone's written a Punisher run this long in ages) and that it stayed good right up through the end.

Wonder when we'll hear about another ongoing for Frank? I have to imagine there'll be one after the Ennis mini coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Yeah, Punisher: Kill Krew is awesome. The art is fantastic and really sells the craziness of Duggan's script.

Extraordinary Member

I never would have thought the trio of Castle, Juggy, and Foggy would be so great!

All I gotta say is seeing Juggs destroy Frost Giants is so much fun, I wish we had seen action like that in War of The Realms proper and seeing him cry after what Castle shows him tugs at my heartstrings.

Yeah, Punisher: Kill Krew is awesome. The art is fantastic and really sells the craziness of Duggan's script.
    I like seeing Foggy so out of his element...but Frank working with Juggs?

I know, right? Always did enjoy violent stories with a sense of humor (along with a bit of the "warm, fuzzy feels" thrown in for good measure ).

Gotta give a shout out to the conclusion of Rosenberg's Punisher run.

He really wrapped things up nicely, putting a satisfying bow on 27 issues of mayhem.

This has been one of my favorite Punisher runs and I feel that, in his own way, Rosenberg got damn close to Ennis level quality.

His run was brutal, funny, and Frank was true to himself throughout.

It was a blast to see him go toe to toe with a baddie of Zemo's stature and really make the guy sweat.

Sorry to see it all end but I'm happy that it ran as long as it did (I don't think anyone's written a Punisher run this long in ages) and that it stayed good right up through the end.

Wonder when we'll hear about another ongoing for Frank? I have to imagine there'll be one after the Ennis mini coming up.

Agreed. Truer words have never been spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I like seeing Foggy so out of his element...but Frank working with Juggs?
    I'm more interested in Frank's interactions with Dane in the next issue (and if there's a chance the Punisher will get to use the Ebony Blade).

BANNED

Well, as sorry as I am that Matthew Rosenberg's exceptional Punisher run has ended, the fact that we now have a new Garth Ennis Punisher mini to enjoy certainly makes up for it. Soviet #1 came out yesterday and it is a welcome reminder that there's really no Punisher quite like Garth Ennis Punisher. To no surprise, Ennis has not lost a step with Frank. This is classic Punisher and artist Jacen Burrows does a bang-up job here. I expect that, were he still with us, Steve Dillon would have been doing the art chores on this series but Burrows is a rock solid replacement and his art even seems evocative of Dillon in its no-nonsense simplicity and panel layout. Storytelling is 100% on point and Frank is depicted to a 'T'. What's not to love? Every Punisher fan should be picking this up.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Is Soviet part of PunisherMax or MarvelKnights. Have no interest in MK Punisher

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Is Soviet part of PunisherMax or MarvelKnights. Have no interest in MK Punisher
    It's PunisherMax.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

It's PunisherMax.
    Thanks. I completely missed that it has come out already

Punisher Soviet has gotten off to a good start. Really enjoyed Jacen Burrows art in this.

BANNED

Punisher: Kill Krew finished up this week and it kicked ass. This was a really fun series with fantastic art. Wouldn't mind seeing this creative team do more with Frank in the future.

Punisher: Kill Krew finished up this week and it kicked ass. This was a really fun series with fantastic art. Wouldn't mind seeing this creative team do more with Frank in the future.
    The series had a great twist ending, and I agree with you about the creative team. Totally looking forward to what's next for Juan Ferreyra.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The series had a great twist ending, and I agree with you about the creative team. Totally looking forward to what's next for Juan Ferreyra.
    twist ending? what.. it was a dream? (editorial doesn't like Frank vs. fantasy monsters?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    twist ending? what.. it was a dream? (editorial doesn't like Frank vs. fantasy monsters?)
    That sounds like an interesting story.

Great idea, Hypestyle.