Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Honestly, after the naufrage of The Price, I hope that Gotham-Girl was delusional and won't ever come close to Duke ever again... It makes me really sad to say this, because I created the appreciation thread for her and her brother, back in the day, but I hope she'll die soon and never see the light of day again. She has outlived her utility by surviving The Price, and I don't want Duke to be married to a mass-murderess. Not when Tony Patrick did far better by pairing him with Izzy from the WAR kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Honestly, after the naufrage of The Price, I hope that Gotham-Girl was delusional and won't ever come close to Duke ever again... It makes me really sad to say this, because I created the appreciation thread for her and her brother, back in the day, but I hope she'll die soon and never see the light of day again. She has outlived her utility by surviving The Price, and I don't want Duke to be married to a mass-murderess. Not when Tony Patrick did far better by pairing him with Izzy from the WAR kid.
    I wouldn't say she's outlived her utility, I think there are still some interesting ideas they can explore with her about redemption and rehabilitation. You have to remember she has been constantly beaten and broken down by personal crisis (Psycho Pirate) after personal crisis (her brother's death) after personal crisis (the events of The Price) since her introduction. I agree, I don't want her to marry Duke (I could take or leave his romance with Izzy but I would like him to always remain close with the W.A.R pack) but I wouldn't mind her and Duke teaming up if they ever decide to rehab her; her being redeemed makes 1000% more sense that Harley so it's do-able. At the heart of her character is the desire to be a true hero, they could just say she was manipulated by Bane, she sees the error of her ways and bla-Dow! she's on her way to atonement. Isn't redemption what Batman's all about? Isn't that why he doesn't kill? The way I see it, most of her character's troubles come from the fact that she's been anchored to Tom King who (while a great writer) has a proclivity toward breaking down characters without always building them back up. So if she can be distanced from him and fixed, she'd fit perfectly on Outsiders with Duke and Cass, two other metahuman bat-affiliated characters (yes I know Cass isn't technically a metahuman but c'mon she is pretty damn close).
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-20-2019 at 11:40 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I think a well explored Gotham Girl - Signal relationship could be very very interesting.

The idea of her using her powers despite it killing her - could create interesting conflict

A fan-made HiC booth with six of the batfamily members with Duke : https://external-preview.redd.it/GVC...=webp&d5bdbfb4

A fan-made HiC booth with six of the batfamily members with Duke : https://external-preview.redd.it/GVC...=webp&d5bdbfb4
    I can't open the link, think you can just post the picture?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Damn, I posted the link because I couldn't get the image here, and now I can't find it back on reddit

It may be a misdirection, but it seems that Duke will play an important role in issue 5 of BatO, come September. It could also be Cass, of course, but if it's indeed the Signal, I hope that the event of his mini will be the reason for it !

It may be a misdirection, but it seems that Duke will play an important role in issue 5 of BatO, come September. It could also be Cass, of course, but if it's indeed the Signal, I hope that the event of his mini will be the reason for it !

While it may have just been good PR here is a tweet from Bryan Hill regarding Duke

Also I may be wrong (I thought I saved it but I can't find the tweet) but I believe he sent out another tweet regarding Ras taking a particular interest in Duke. So I'm working on good faith on this one.

currently following:

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Damn, I posted the link because I couldn't get the image here, and now I can't find it back on reddit
    I have re-found it on Instagram (although I can't promise that it's the original source or just a re-post of someone else)

(I also have a downloaded copy, in case the link doesn't work anymore later on)

I liked Duke and Cass's maneuver in the latest issue! hope to see more of them working well together

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I liked Duke and Cass's maneuver in the latest issue! hope to see more of them working well together
    That was a pretty slick maneuver, sucks it wasn't effective but (same as you) I hope it's indicative of them working closely together. Their powers are so complimentary, she can read bodies to predict movements and he can see moments into the future to predict moves. If they worked together more, imagine how effective they'd be in battle. They wouldn't even need to verbally communicate, they'd just know what they need to do.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-16-2019 at 12:13 PM.

currently following:

Badass Signal is Badass :

Astonishing Member

Love this shot! I especially love how cool and serious he looks in it, and that yellow glow to his eyes just sells it!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Ah. Now he has The Bat looks.