Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    I’m really starting to think Hill has no interest in Duke.
    Me too, which is a shame because I really enjoy his work. I'm trying to be patient and hear him out, maybe he's gonna start building him up from here on but it's taking too long to get any kind of payoff for my boy.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    I’m really starting to think Hill has no interest in Duke.
    I don't think anybody does.

They just keep passing this boy along with nonstop changes.

No one can pick a direction and stay on that path.

Snyder needs to do like Ennis get the rights to your creation and go to another company. DO whatever you want. It worked with the Boys.

I doubt that's gonna happen. If Snyder wanted Duke as a creator owned character he wouldn't have put Duke in Batman in the first place.

However it could be fun to reimagine him for Catalyst Prime, Humanoids, or Valiant.

Best option is Snyder commits to a Duke solo instead of the safe option he's been using.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-28-2019 at 11:03 AM.

we got a nice little explanation for Duke's new ability and a nice scene between Duke and Cass.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    we got a nice little explanation for Duke's new ability and a nice scene between Duke and Cass.

Yeah, that is pretty cool, especially visually. Duke being enshadowed after taking them in is drawn very well. Again, I just don't won't Duke to lose his Light-based abilities so soon after he received them, since they also demand continued exploration and mastery.

While this book hasn't been the bastion of Duke and Jefferson interaction that I was really hoping and looking forward to, at least not to this point it hasn't, I've been genuinely enjoying the consistent interaction between Duke and Cassandra.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Yeah, that is pretty cool, especially visually. Duke being enshadowed after taking them in is drawn very well. Again, I just don't won't Duke to lose his Light-based abilities so soon after he received them, since they also demand continued exploration and mastery.

While this book hasn't been the bastion of Duke and Jefferson interaction that I was really hoping and looking forward to, at least not to this point it hasn't, I've been genuinely enjoying the consistent interaction between Duke and Cassandra.
    that's my only fear with this new development, we'll just have to wait and see but I'll try to be optimistic that it's an addition to his powers not a replacement. maybe it'll be revealed that the shadow abilities are just a new application of his photokinesis, like he's not necessarily speading shadow so much as he's stealing light; more umbrakinesis rather than strictly erebokinesis.

currently following:

Astonishing Member

that's my only fear with this new development, we'll just have to wait and see but I'll try to be optimistic that it's an addition to his powers not a replacement. maybe it'll be revealed that the shadow abilities are just a new application of his photokinesis, like he's not necessarily speading shadow so much as he's stealing light; more umbrakinesis rather than strictly erebokinesis.
    This, and agreed.

Happy Holidays! fan some fan art!

(give that boy his hair back)
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-26-2019 at 12:17 AM.

currently following:

currently following:

Astonishing Member

Always nice to see Duke/Signal fanart. I also see some artists still like enteraining him with braids/dreads.

A (belated) Merry Christmas to you all, too. And if I may ask, where have you been, @lemonpeace? Why were you banned?

Merry Christmas to all, with a little bit of delay indeed !

I always like to see Duke with longer hair. Somehow, I find it more fitting

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Always nice to see Duke/Signal fanart. I also see some artists still like enteraining him with braids/dreads.

A (belated) Merry Christmas to you all, too. And if I may ask, where have you been, @lemonpeace? Why were you banned?
    I guess I was being too critical of Doomsday Clock on the Doomsday Clock thread, then they banned me for 3 days when I sarcastically said **** you to someone I was agreeing with; I guess the sarcasm didn't translate for the mods.

currently following:

some Signal cosplay

currently following:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Merry Christmas to all, with a little bit of delay indeed !

I always like to see Duke with longer hair. Somehow, I find it more fitting
    Duke with longer is pretty cool. And I agree that the character works that look.

Astonishing Member

some Signal cosplay

Woah! Legit cosplays, though the first guy's rocking a more Nightwing-esque domino mask instead of helmet.