Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

The rules on how it exactly the Pits wark are not set in stone and basically change with every story (which is quite annoying).
    Ain't that the truth. I feel similarly about the speed force.

Am I the only one that would like to see cousin Jay again? You know, see how the relationship dynamic works, etc. And Izzy and Riko, too, of course.

I have my own headcanon for how Duke's parents should be healed, but it'll never happen in the comics. Actually, I hold little hope of them ever being cured at all in comics, but definitely not my way (it's too happy and anticlimactic). And DC heroes must have their depressing backstories and no long-term happiness allowed for the time being. Mind you, I'd have never had the paternity reveal, anyway (we already have plenty of villain's kids), but what's done is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post

Am I the only one that would like to see cousin Jay again? You know, see how the relationship dynamic works, etc. And Izzy and Riko, too, of course.
    You're not alone, I assure you. I so would like a continuation of Batman and the Signal, with a real continuation of this story. If not in an ongoing, then in a maxi-series or even a longer mini. I want to learn more about his cop friend ! And Gotham by Daylight !

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post

I have my own headcanon for how Duke's parents should be healed, but it'll never happen in the comics. Actually, I hold little hope of them ever being cured at all in comics, but definitely not my way (it's too happy and anticlimactic). And DC heroes must have their depressing backstories and no long-term happiness allowed for the time being. Mind you, I'd have never had the paternity reveal, anyway (we already have plenty of villain's kids), but what's done is done.
    how would you have them healed?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    how would you have them healed?
    Oh, in saccharine fashion. Wayne Enterprises has been attempting to find a cure with little progress. Colton Rivera (from Gotham Academy series) is a genius and has developed an anti-sorta-lycanthropy treatment in the past and helped Kirk Langstrom find a cure for the Langstrom virus. So, Damian, who is already friends with Maps (friend of Colton), becomes friends with (or at least associated with) Colton, and sees his usefulness. An internship with Wayne Enterprises is arranged, where Colton is useful in developing a cure (doesn't do it all himself). This lets Colton be awesome (and away from abusive father for summer), has Damian make friends, and shows that Damian actually cares about Duke. It's sugary-sweet, like I said. I'll grant it's not totally feasible that a high school student could be so useful to professionals, but it's consistent with his previous behaviors.

Extraordinary Member

Seems actually kind of wired that they still haven't healed them, usually Batman has antitoxin for that.

I literally just realized that the BatO and Batman titles are basically happening in the same time, right about now, because of Year of the Villains. And I wonder if it means that our boy Duke may be spared from appearing in the Batman series, since he'll be joining -hopefully briefly- Ra's while the Batfamily is trying to retake Gotham.

And honestly, even if it isn't the case and the canon of the two titles gets truly conflicted now, I'll consider BatO the real storyline and Batman an Elseworld/Dark Multiverse story.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I literally just realized that the BatO and Batman titles are basically happening in the same time, right about now, because of Year of the Villains. And I wonder if it means that our boy Duke may be spared from appearing in the Batman series, since he'll be joining -hopefully briefly- Ra's while the Batfamily is trying to retake Gotham.

And honestly, even if it isn't the case and the canon of the two titles gets truly conflicted now, I'll consider BatO the real storyline and Batman an Elseworld/Dark Multiverse story.
    I actually wouldn't mind him popping up in Batman, City of Bane has been the best part of King's run, but I'm scared of how King would use him. I wouldn't mind him popping in at the final confrontation when they're reclaiming the city. we've seen him help Gotham Girl once, maybe he can be the "light" that pulls her over to their side to take down Bane and finally "kill Batman" (Thomas Wayne) like they foreshadowed.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

If everything gotham girl says in issue 5 happens. Then Duke will probably be involved some how with whatever happens to her since he is supposed to marry her.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Happy belated Birthday Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Happy belated Birthday Duke.
    Duke's Birthday was revealed?

currently following:

Duke's Birthday was revealed?
    I thought so after numerous tumblr posts wishing him a happy birthday only to realise later that the 13th of aug was his first appearance not his in-story birthday

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I thought so after numerous tumblr posts wishing him a happy birthday only to realise later that the 13th of aug was his first appearance not his in-story birthday
    Ah, hey it's the closest thing to a birthday he has. Maybe if enough fans by into it, it'll become canon.

Happy belated Signal-boy!

currently following:

Duke's entry in the DC Comics Ultimate Character Guide New Edition

currently following:

Ah, hey it's the closest thing to a birthday he has. Maybe if enough fans by into it, it'll become canon.

Happy belated Signal-boy!
    Too true man i think it takes a while for new [ish] characters to get an official birthday. i mean how many stories reference character birthdays? Not many. Unless DC puts out those calender's like they used to do back in the day that had birthdays for most characters marked on em
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-21-2019 at 11:14 AM.