Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Duke and Ra's Al Ghul is not going to end well, especially for Duke. I hope he doesn't get marked for death.

I'd like to see him join the Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Little worried about this for a few reasons, but still intrigued. Hope this will be more Duke's story than Ra's'. More "Duke goes under Ra's" and less "Ra's takes in Duke."

Gnomon reference outta be mandatory, in my opinion. Hope the ball doesn't get dropped there.

My biggest wonder is what prompts Duke towards Ra's, also. Hopefully it isn't spun as a "Duke's being stupid-naive" thing. Done carefully, it could be a fulfilling time for his character, but otherwise, it could easily run the risk of "noobifiying" Duke when he should be beyond this form of "noob" by now.
    Can that pit undo what Joker did to Duke's parents?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Probably.

I don't know about this whole thing. I would prefer if they used a different villain, there are allready to many Batfamily members with connections to Ras or the League.

that's a good question. I would say it probably could fix them (more or less) but I don't think Elaine would want that; then again Duke wouldn't know that. however, would that be enough to sway him to Ra's side? I could see it being a factor at least.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

A very little bit of possible information about Gnomon's future. Maybe ?

https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...77807151775744

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    A very little bit of possible information about Gnomon's future. Maybe ?

https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...77807151775744
    while it's far from the confirmation I would've liked, at least we know Gnomon is on Hill's radar. He's generally very receptive to fan feedback, so I think we'll definitely get a reference to Gnomon if the series goes long enough at the very least.

Gnomon's design would fit Dexter Soy's aesthetics in Outsiders right now. I would love to see Gnomon show up just to see his take on the character.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 07-25-2019 at 11:01 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    while it's far from the confirmation I would've liked, at least we know Gnomon is on Hill's radar. He's generally very receptive to fan feedback, so I think we'll definitely get a reference to Gnomon if the series goes long enough at the very least.

Gnomon's design would fit Dexter Soy's aesthetics in Outsiders right now. I would love to see Gnomon show up just to see his take on the character.
    I haven't read it but looking at the design... did the character Gnomon, not the artist, designed that suit before or after meeting Signal because that looks like he saw the boy in action, think "I want him" and make a suit that appeals to his aesthetic. "Hey look. We match!" XD

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I haven't read it but looking at the design... did the character Gnomon, not the artist, designed that suit before or after meeting Signal because that looks like he saw the boy in action, think "I want him" and make a suit that appeals to his aesthetic. "Hey look. We match!" XD
    We don't really know. But Gnomon claims that he is the biological father of Duke and his an immortal with the exact same powers as Signal.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Duke and Ra's Al Ghul is not going to end well, especially for Duke. I hope he doesn't get marked for death.

If he joined it, and only if -- meaning I don't feel it a necessity at this time (unlike him having his own solo), I feel it'd be best in his favor for it to be his own iteration where he was leading.

Not sure. Good question, but as mentioned, would the price be worth it? Would the actual outcome?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Probably.

I don't know about this whole thing. I would prefer if they used a different villain, there are allready to many Batfamily members with connections to Ras or the League.
    Would rather it be Gnomon, someone connected personally and specifically to Duke, personally.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    We don't really know. But Gnomon claims that he is the biological father of Duke and his an immortal with the exact same powers as Signal.
    Likely intended to be seen as a symbol on how their fates are intertwined; Gnomon's always worn armor such as that, and now destiny pulled Duke into a costume that was unknowingly reflective of Gnomon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

while I would love to see Duke interacting with more heroes (especially young heroes), I'm not sure how i feel about him joining the Teen Titans. I don't want him to end up like Cyborg or Batwing or John Stewart where he is just moved from supporting team member to supporting team member; especially since Teen Titans tends to become "Robin and the Teen Titans". If he were put on another team he should lead his own team. maybe a super version of his We are Robin gang, like a neo-Blood Syndicate.

that would be cute "my boy likes yellow and sun motifs? aight time to make everything decked out in sun motif, he's gonna think I'm so cool!"

currently following:

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    If he joined it, and only if -- meaning I don't feel it a necessity at this time (unlike him having his own solo), I feel it'd be best in his favor for it to be his own iteration where he was leading.

Not sure. Good question, but as mentioned, would the price be worth it? Would the actual outcome?

Has it ever been used on someone who is alive?

Has Ral used it when he was dead or still alive?

I know Transformers (Marvel version) had a version of it and the robots who used it went mad. Grimlock was going to use it on the Dinobots but I never found out what happen even the lst issue didn't talk about it.

Astonishing Member

I know Transformers (Marvel version) had a version of it and the robots who used it went mad. Grimlock was going to use it on the Dinobots but I never found out what happen even the lst issue didn't talk about it.
    Not sure, regarding the first 2 questions. Not familiar with the lore and history of the Lazarus Pit's usage.

from what I understand the Lazarus Pit can heal anyone who is dying (age, disease, wounds, etc) and even the dead but only if they haven't been dead too long. I think it's something along the lines of, if they are dead too long they either won't come back or they come back really messed up iirc. I think it also kills you if you are fully healthy and get it but i think that got retconned out.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 07-31-2019 at 10:37 AM.

currently following:

Extraordinary Member

Ras is usually still alive when he uses the Pit.

The rules on how it exactly the Pits wark are not set in stone and basically change with every story (which is quite annoying).