Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 233
  1. #16
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,021

    Default

    I've yet to read anything with him in it yet (I can't follow the title regularly, so I mostly collect a few trades or graphic novels a year) but I love his costume, looks good.

  2. #17
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I've yet to read anything with him in it yet (I can't follow the title regularly, so I mostly collect a few trades or graphic novels a year) but I love his costume, looks good.
    He recently had his 3 issue mini collected in trade, you should check it out. It's way too short imo so I don't think it gets Duke off the ground as much as I think it should've but overall it's a pretty fun read and it does set him up going forward. He hasn't popped up in much after unfortunately except random excruciatingly small cameos in some Bat-books. I have my issues with his suit but overall I agree, the costume is pretty cool.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham (respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Lantern.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, Cosmic Ghost Rider etc., Venom, Moon Girl, Avengers
    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

  3. #18
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    I was going through the respect thread over on Reddit and noticed that Duke's needed some work so i did a deep dive through Duke's appearances and made a new one.

    what do you think?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...dc_comics_new/
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham (respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Lantern.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, Cosmic Ghost Rider etc., Venom, Moon Girl, Avengers
    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

  4. #19
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Has there been any progress on the plot about Duke's father being spoilers:
    the villain in the miniseries
    end of spoilers and his mother being connected to the Immortal Men?

  5. #20
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJudge95 View Post
    Has there been any progress on the plot about Duke's father being spoilers:
    the villain in the miniseries
    end of spoilers and his mother being connected to the Immortal Men?
    Unfortunately not. Duke has only appeared in random cameos since his miniseries. He's part of Outsiders now, so maybe we'll see that plot thread picked up in that but since Immortal Men got cancelled early on I'm not sure if they will.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham (respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Lantern.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, Cosmic Ghost Rider etc., Venom, Moon Girl, Avengers
    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

  6. #21

    Default

    I bought the Batman and Signal trade paperback on Comixology and I'm looking forward to reading it tomorrow.

  7. #22
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    He recently had his 3 issue mini collected in trade, you should check it out. It's way too short imo so I don't think it gets Duke off the ground as much as I think it should've but overall it's a pretty fun read and it does set him up going forward. He hasn't popped up in much after unfortunately except random excruciatingly small cameos in some Bat-books. I have my issues with his suit but overall I agree, the costume is pretty cool.
    Would I have to have read anything in particular prior to his mini to get who he is or what's going on, or is it fairly self contained/newbie friendly?

  8. #23
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Would I have to have read anything in particular prior to his mini to get who he is or what's going on, or is it fairly self contained/newbie friendly?
    It's pretty new reader friendly. It comes with two short stories to help ease you in. Dark Days is a nice companion piece to his story but you could just pick up the trade and have a good feel of the character as he exists right now.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham (respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Lantern.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, Cosmic Ghost Rider etc., Venom, Moon Girl, Avengers
    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

  9. #24
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    It's pretty new reader friendly. It comes with two short stories to help ease you in. Dark Days is a nice companion piece to his story but you could just pick up the trade and have a good feel of the character as he exists right now.
    Thanks, I'll probably try and check it out sometime then!

  10. #25
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,900

    Default

    You know what could help? Adding Duke into the YJ series. I mean the show, not the comic right now. He could be a welcome addition given that we will be probably getting a situation where there's going to be a larger team shake up, so having him in that series, and maybe added in s batman series that DC Univers may do would be a nice boost.

  11. #26

    Default

    I wished the Curse Wheel was used more and while rereading the backups, i thought it would be cool if the kid his mom was visiting in the flashbacks made an appearance in the modern day.

    He's a thirteen year old killer who his mom was investigating when she was a social worker.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    You know what could help? Adding Duke into the YJ series. I mean the show, not the comic right now. He could be a welcome addition given that we will be probably getting a situation where there's going to be a larger team shake up, so having him in that series, and maybe added in s batman series that DC Univers may do would be a nice boost.
    He'd be a good POV character, you could have him be a meta abducted by the bad guys but he draws on his previous experiences with Batman to escape.

    That feels too reminiscent of other characters tho.

    I was hoping for a We Are Robin movie personally.

  12. #27
    Fantastic Member babybats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I was hoping for a We Are Robin movie personally.
    Yes. With different animation styles for different characters.

  13. #28
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I wished the Curse Wheel was used more and while rereading the backups, i thought it would be cool if the kid his mom was visiting in the flashbacks made an appearance in the modern day.

    He's a thirteen year old killer who his mom was investigating when she was a social worker.



    He'd be a good POV character, you could have him be a meta abducted by the bad guys but he draws on his previous experiences with Batman to escape.

    That feels too reminiscent of other characters tho.


    I was hoping for a We Are Robin movie personally.
    Well, they could make it work still. Maybe they intoduce him next season, assuming they let bring Jason more into the fold, they could make it a Robin based episode like the 3 Harpers. The former Robins are sent to find the abductees and have Duke escape be like a a mini We are Robin style uprising. They peep his potential, he gets recruited BOOM Signal on YJ.


    But a streamlined We are Robin animated movie would be great. After into the spider-verse DC really could use something fresh and ambitious, We are Robin is a small story they could really zero-in with and knock out of the park.

    Random Side Note: I just learn about Detective Frank McGee over at Marvel and he was an interesting ability when he can project light from his eyes. One of his applications of that ability is that he can use his light projection to photograph his surroundings and basically have a 3D/panoramic image of it in his mind. That would be a cool ability for Duke to develop, wouldn't hurt if DC stole that idea. I we get to see him do something interesting with his powers in Outsiders; whenever that finally happens.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-12-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham (respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Lantern.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, Cosmic Ghost Rider etc., Venom, Moon Girl, Avengers
    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

  14. #29
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    1,634

    Default



    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham (respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Lantern.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, Cosmic Ghost Rider etc., Venom, Moon Girl, Avengers
    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    2,926

    Default

    Is that from an official source at DC ? If so, it may hint at something good for Duke in the future ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •