Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I've yet to read anything with him in it yet (I can't follow the title regularly, so I mostly collect a few trades or graphic novels a year) but I love his costume, looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I've yet to read anything with him in it yet (I can't follow the title regularly, so I mostly collect a few trades or graphic novels a year) but I love his costume, looks good.
    He recently had his 3 issue mini collected in trade, you should check it out. It's way too short imo so I don't think it gets Duke off the ground as much as I think it should've but overall it's a pretty fun read and it does set him up going forward. He hasn't popped up in much after unfortunately except random excruciatingly small cameos in some Bat-books. I have my issues with his suit but overall I agree, the costume is pretty cool.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I was going through the respect thread over on Reddit and noticed that Duke's needed some work so i did a deep dive through Duke's appearances and made a new one.

what do you think?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...dc_comics_new/
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Amazing Member

Has there been any progress on the plot about Duke's father being spoilers:
    the villain in the miniseries
    end of spoilers and his mother being connected to the Immortal Men?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJudge95 View Post
    Has there been any progress on the plot about Duke's father being spoilers:
    the villain in the miniseries
    end of spoilers and his mother being connected to the Immortal Men?
    Unfortunately not. Duke has only appeared in random cameos since his miniseries. He's part of Outsiders now, so maybe we'll see that plot thread picked up in that but since Immortal Men got cancelled early on I'm not sure if they will.

currently following:

I bought the Batman and Signal trade paperback on Comixology and I'm looking forward to reading it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    He recently had his 3 issue mini collected in trade, you should check it out. It's way too short imo so I don't think it gets Duke off the ground as much as I think it should've but overall it's a pretty fun read and it does set him up going forward. He hasn't popped up in much after unfortunately except random excruciatingly small cameos in some Bat-books. I have my issues with his suit but overall I agree, the costume is pretty cool.
    Would I have to have read anything in particular prior to his mini to get who he is or what's going on, or is it fairly self contained/newbie friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Would I have to have read anything in particular prior to his mini to get who he is or what's going on, or is it fairly self contained/newbie friendly?
    It's pretty new reader friendly. It comes with two short stories to help ease you in. Dark Days is a nice companion piece to his story but you could just pick up the trade and have a good feel of the character as he exists right now.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    It's pretty new reader friendly. It comes with two short stories to help ease you in. Dark Days is a nice companion piece to his story but you could just pick up the trade and have a good feel of the character as he exists right now.
    Thanks, I'll probably try and check it out sometime then!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

You know what could help? Adding Duke into the YJ series. I mean the show, not the comic right now. He could be a welcome addition given that we will be probably getting a situation where there's going to be a larger team shake up, so having him in that series, and maybe added in s batman series that DC Univers may do would be a nice boost.

I wished the Curse Wheel was used more and while rereading the backups, i thought it would be cool if the kid his mom was visiting in the flashbacks made an appearance in the modern day.

He's a thirteen year old killer who his mom was investigating when she was a social worker.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    You know what could help? Adding Duke into the YJ series. I mean the show, not the comic right now. He could be a welcome addition given that we will be probably getting a situation where there's going to be a larger team shake up, so having him in that series, and maybe added in s batman series that DC Univers may do would be a nice boost.
    He'd be a good POV character, you could have him be a meta abducted by the bad guys but he draws on his previous experiences with Batman to escape.

That feels too reminiscent of other characters tho.

I was hoping for a We Are Robin movie personally.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Yes. With different animation styles for different characters.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I wished the Curse Wheel was used more and while rereading the backups, i thought it would be cool if the kid his mom was visiting in the flashbacks made an appearance in the modern day.

He's a thirteen year old killer who his mom was investigating when she was a social worker.

He'd be a good POV character, you could have him be a meta abducted by the bad guys but he draws on his previous experiences with Batman to escape.

That feels too reminiscent of other characters tho.

Well, they could make it work still. Maybe they intoduce him next season, assuming they let bring Jason more into the fold, they could make it a Robin based episode like the 3 Harpers. The former Robins are sent to find the abductees and have Duke escape be like a a mini We are Robin style uprising. They peep his potential, he gets recruited BOOM Signal on YJ.

But a streamlined We are Robin animated movie would be great. After into the spider-verse DC really could use something fresh and ambitious, We are Robin is a small story they could really zero-in with and knock out of the park.

Random Side Note: I just learn about Detective Frank McGee over at Marvel and he was an interesting ability when he can project light from his eyes. One of his applications of that ability is that he can use his light projection to photograph his surroundings and basically have a 3D/panoramic image of it in his mind. That would be a cool ability for Duke to develop, wouldn't hurt if DC stole that idea. I we get to see him do something interesting with his powers in Outsiders; whenever that finally happens.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-12-2019 at 10:07 PM.

currently following:

currently following:

Is that from an official source at DC ? If so, it may hint at something good for Duke in the future ?