Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

We're officially a month out from the return of my boi! To celebrate, I'm putting together a concept for a Duke Thomas commission. Any ideas? It can be a full pitch, just something visually you'd want to see incorporated, a simple idea, a whole genre shift, anything you think would be interesting to see; I'm taking all suggestions into consideration.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    We're officially a month out from the return of my boi! To celebrate, I'm putting together a concept for a Duke Thomas commission. Any ideas? It can be a full pitch, just something visually you'd want to see incorporated, a simple idea, a whole genre shift, anything you think would be interesting to see; I'm taking all suggestions into consideration.
    Some form of duality that has Duke in civilian form and The Signal in full gear?

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Some form of duality that has Duke in civilian form and The Signal in full gear?
    Duly noted. I'm still shopping artists but I think I have an idea of what I want.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

After the latest Batman Who Laughs issue they learned his visor is made of dark metal and let's him see into people's hearts. My first thought was "man, that would be nifty for Duke to have"

currently following:

Astonishing Member

After the latest Batman Who Laughs issue they learned his visor is made of dark metal and let's him see into people's hearts. My first thought was "man, that would be nifty for Duke to have"
    It would, and would go nicely with enhancing Duke's natural perceptiveness when it comes to people.

White Knight Duke using his eye powers.

Duke and Gotham Girl.

Duke hanging out with sideways, caden park and the other new age heroes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Duke hanging out with sideways, caden park and the other new age heroes.
    Oooh! Imma second this! Not sure how reasonably ambitious this can be, but something like them friending around in their civilian guises on the bottom and them in hero form on top (with Signal implicitly leading them) would be cool!

Specifically, I'd probably limit it to Duke with Caden, Derek, and maybe Joe. It'd be fanon-y, but what better way to indulge on what could have (and in my opinion, should have) been.

(In an ideal world, he'd have met and befriended all of them; having Ethan as a slightly older but still close ally would have been cool.)

I can see it in my mind's eye, but not sure if I explained it good enough or not. It's a common style for a splash page or "print".
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 04-15-2019 at 08:06 PM.

I certainly would like to see Duke adding this sort of visor to his arsenal. But first, he needs to get full control of his powers, and I certainly hope he'll get to shine in The Outsiders. I don't want him to be the newbie who is a dead weight or anything like that, which makes me a little worried about the current solicitations for the series.

[Womp Womp]
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 04-26-2019 at 09:04 PM.

currently following:

Default Our boi's gonna be in Batman for a sec. Glad to see him kicking around.

currently following:

Hell yeah !

Now we can wait for the usual screams of Duke stealing X place in the book because he appears here.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Hell yeah !

Now we can wait for the usual screams of Duke stealing X place in the book because he appears here.
    It's become my favorite part about these sporadic cameos

currently following:

So it just realized that for the Year of the Villain initiative the Outsiders are going up against Ras al Ghul; you guys think we could be getting some talk about Duke's connections to the Immortals? Unlikely but maybe?

currently following:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I certainly would like to see Duke adding this sort of visor to his arsenal. But first, he needs to get full control of his powers, and I certainly hope he'll get to shine in The Outsiders. I don't want him to be the newbie who is a dead weight or anything like that, which makes me a little worried about the current solicitations for the series.
    That's a worry I have, too. He kinda gets portrayed like he's a first-day newb with zero experience of any kind by writers who don't know the character (and definitely by knee-jerk fan reactions of many who never took the time to read the character). Hoping he won't be the team's stereotypical "dead-weight" fodder either. Drama can be still be had and The Signal can still be challenged within a story without making him look like a consistent "newcomer out of his depth and league".
    Is this like the first time he's been in the main Batman book since forever?