Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Hey, considering last time King had Duke on panel he was lobotomized (iirc), I'm not too bothered with it.
    Yeah, but that's still not saying much.

I know right ?

Still, I guess I'll take wall-paint Signal over anything else King could have in store for him.

Now that I know that King won't be on the book much longer, I really hope he'll crap up plots which should already have been dealt with (Gotham-Girl should have died at the end of The Price, really, she has outlived her purpose and welcome) and not put his hands more on Bat-Fam, especially Duke.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I know right ?

Still, I guess I'll take wall-paint Signal over anything else King could have in store for him.

Now that I know that King won't be on the book much longer, I really hope he'll crap up plots which should already have been dealt with (Gotham-Girl should have died at the end of The Price, really, she has outlived her purpose and welcome) and not put his hands more on Bat-Fam, especially Duke.
    Hmm, King's leaving main Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Hmm, King's leaving main Batman?
    Supposedly his run ends at 85 than 100/105. It's a rumor going now.

Yeah, but that's still not saying much.
    True but, considering we got come Duke movement in Outsiders and that'll be Duke's main book going forward, I rather King just have Duke appear than to try to do anything they'll disappoint me or mess with the character; at least until Duke's gotten some more character movement on Outsiders. Especially with the heavy criticisms being levels at King right now, I wouldn't want him doing anything that would be of further detriment to Duke.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Supposedly his run ends at 85 than 100/105. It's a rumor going now.
    Ah. Okay.

True but, considering we got come Duke movement in Outsiders and that'll be Duke's main book going forward, I rather King just have Duke appear than to try to do anything they'll disappoint me or mess with the character; at least until Duke's gotten some more character movement on Outsiders. Especially with the heavy criticisms being levels at King right now, I wouldn't want him doing anything that would be of further detriment to Duke.
    I mean, neither would I. I'm still burned from the promise of the Rebirth issue of King's run not going anywhere, to be honest. (It looked like King was setting up some serious plot lines for Duke and Duke under Batman's direct tutelage in his run. But that never happened, and Duke was barely there, and when he was, he barely interacted with Bruce in the nuanced way I had come to love about their relationship from Synder. And before long, not even that much.)

Ah. Okay.

I mean, neither would I. I'm still burned from the promise of the Rebirth issue of King's run not going anywhere, to be honest. (It looked like King was setting up some serious plot lines for Duke and Duke under Batman's direct tutelage in his run. But that never happened, and Duke was barely there, and when he was, he barely interacted with Bruce in the nuanced way I had come to love about their relationship from Synder. And before long, not even that much.)
    Tom King is a weird guy for me when it comes to Duke. He wrote a solid emotionally and intellectually competent Duke in the limited capacity he was in the I am Gotham arc but since then I feel like King just has no affinity for the character. That plus his proclivity toward very grim controversial choices lately (i.e lobotomized Duke), I don't know how to feel whenever Duke appears on a Tom King page.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Astonishing Member

Tom King is a weird guy for me when it comes to Duke. He wrote a solid emotionally and intellectually competent Duke in the limited capacity he was in the I am Gotham arc but since then I feel like King just has no affinity for the character. That plus his proclivity toward very grim controversial choices lately (i.e lobotomized Duke), I don't know how to feel whenever Duke appears on a Tom King page.
    That moment when he's comforting Gotham Girl way back when was the only time Duke was written well with the nuance befitting his character since the Rebirth issue. But that was both comparatively a long time ago, and he hasn't been written as a character by Tom King ever since. He'd barely shown up at all since that moment.

Overall, I am left disappointed for the implied promises left unfulfilled, as far as Duke in Tom King's run is concerned.

Ultimate Member

I think the question has to be asked-when King did his first pitch for Batman and his run was Duke even in it?

Because if we go by We Are Robin Duke-it looked like he was going off with his friends to be Teen Titans 2.0 without the powers/experience.

Detective Comics/ New 52 Batman has him doing stuff with Gordon Batman.

Then he pops up and gets offered a deal by Bruce in Detective Comics leading to Batman Rebirth.

Once we get past Gotham Girl stuff-he's one panel cameos galore.

So question one is where was the EDITOR at? Because they are the editors who have forced others to use this person or that person in stories.

If Tom King has written Batman is training Duke- SHOULDN'T WE SEE THAT? We saw it with the others.

If that was approved it is the job of the editor to make sure that happens.

Unless there was something else planned.

Ultimate Member

Interesting all the Outsiders are seen in Heroes in Crisis #9 except one person. Can you guess WHO?

While was the only Outsider left out-interesting that Batwoman, Batwing, Azreal & Huntress got left out too. Otherwise you saw most of the Bat family in it.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Duke's testimony was. He probably dodged a bullet not appearing tho. Heroes in Crisis was a dud, a mess and a whimper of a story.

Oh well. Better luck next time.

https://www.cbr.com/batman-last-knig...llain-mystery/

It would be funny if Omega a new villain for the Last Knight miniseries was revealed to be Duke or Harper.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-29-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing what Duke's testimony was. He probably dodged a bullet not appearing tho. Heroes in Crisis was a dud, a mess and a whimper of a story.

Oh well. Better luck next time.

https://www.cbr.com/batman-last-knig...llain-mystery/

It would be funny if Omega, a new villain for the Last Knight miniseries, was revealed to be Duke or Harper.
    I don't believe Snyder would ever let that happen. He's alpha dog at DC, there is no way they'd let King **** with his babies while he's still knocking it out the park for them.

I'd have to throw hands myself if they did

currently following:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think the question has to be asked-when King did his first pitch for Batman and his run was Duke even in it?

Because if we go by We Are Robin Duke-it looked like he was going off with his friends to be Teen Titans 2.0 without the powers/experience.

Detective Comics/ New 52 Batman has him doing stuff with Gordon Batman.

Then he pops up and gets offered a deal by Bruce in Detective Comics leading to Batman Rebirth.

Once we get past Gotham Girl stuff-he's one panel cameos galore.

So question one is where was the EDITOR at? Because they are the editors who have forced others to use this person or that person in stories.

If Tom King has written Batman is training Duke- SHOULDN'T WE SEE THAT? We saw it with the others.

If that was approved it is the job of the editor to make sure that happens.

Unless there was something else planned.
    Not sure. The thing is, though, Duke featured heavily in the Rebirth issue. If King's pitch didn't include developing Duke's character, then why was he so heavily featured in the Rebirth issue getting acclimated to Wayne Manor? I don't understand that.

But I agree that regardless of other factors, that should have been part of editorial's duties to make sure King didn't let Duke slip through the cracks.

I don't believe Snyder would ever let that happen. He's alpha dog at DC, there is no way they'd let King **** with his babies while he's still knocking it out the park for them.

Yeah that would supremely suck if that was done to Duke or Harper, but thankfully it's ultra unlikely.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 05-30-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Snyder is writing Last Knight tho.

Spectacular Member

Ah. Okay.

Snyder co-wrote the Rebirth issue too. It's a very Snyder-y issue. Classic villain re-imagined with wacky powers. Duke.