Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Drake isn't bad but it is when that's already his name. You could've gone with any other bird name and it would've been better.

Maybe it would be more tolerable if the costume didn't suck too.
    I vote for Quailman
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

My nephews told me that Drake is a cool name. Like the rapper. The first thing that comes to people's mind is Hotline Bling. Take that as you will.

Away from Drake for a moment did anyone notice Tim specified his code name was Red Robin not just Robin in the latest issue? Was him being marketed as Robin again as out of universe, and people calling him Robin just shortening Red Robin? Either way I'm ignoring his nine issue stint as Robin again and just gonna assume its red robin still
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Away from Drake for a moment did anyone notice Tim specified his code name was Red Robin not just Robin in the latest issue? Was him being marketed as Robin again as out of universe, and people calling him Robin just shortening Red Robin? Either way I'm ignoring his nine issue stint as Robin again and just gonna assume its red robin still
    Yeah. It seems Tim was always Red Robin in Young Justice, which fits with his appearances in other comics (like Heroes in Crisis).

Although Young Justice marketed Tim as Robin out of universe, his identity was vague in-universe (Tim didn't mention directly he was Robin).
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-14-2019 at 08:49 AM.

Yeah, it was Jinny Hex who called him Robin - he just said he was one of them, which would apply to Nightwing, Red Hood, and Spoiler as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Drake isn't bad but it is when that's already his name. You could've gone with any other bird name and it would've been better.

Maybe it would be more tolerable if the costume didn't suck too.
    I don't think it would bother me so much if it wasn't also his last name.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it would bother me so much if it wasn't also his last name.
    That and the costume design.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Yeah. It seems Tim was always Red Robin in Young Justice, which fits with his appearances in other comics (like Heroes in Crisis).

Although Young Justice marketed Tim as Robin out of universe, his identity was vague in-universe (Tim didn't mention directly he was Robin).
    You don't necessarily need the double R to be Red Robin, it's already alliterative to be fair so simply the R works even if its the same as Robin
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

You don't necessarily need the double R to be Red Robin, it's already alliterative to be fair so simply the R works even if its the same as Robin
    The double R could also be for "Rockin' Robin"...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The double R could also be for "Rockin' Robin"...

How about 'Rockin' Red Robin Randomly Runs Riot.'

Sticks with that R motif

Or just a bird symbol

drake.jpg

I like it, though I'd get rid of the red on the belt

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    drake.jpg

I like it, though I'd get rid of the red on the belt
    Is that Steph in that god awful purple and black mess? Actually, the costume isn't bad, but the scarf and headgear are terrible.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Is that Steph in that god awful purple and black mess? Actually, the costume isn't bad, but the scarf and headgear are terrible.
    Alternate universe Batwoman, but yes, Steph.

You know, if Drake really is the new name, I wonder if that whole, 'It's one of the most dangerous birds' line, was just meant to be some kind of attempt at light-hearted YJ humor/ribbing, or if Bendis is actually going to show that Ducks on Earth-3 are some kind of vicious and powerful creatures.