Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Tim Drake: Robin, Red Robin Appreciation 2019

Appreciation thread for the third 'Robin', 2019 edition!

So what does everyone want to see happen with Tim this year and beyond?

Old thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2018

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I guess this is a good time as any to jump in. Tim is great and my favorite Robin.

Robin-Vol.-2-In-House-Ad-1993.jpg

For 2019 I'm glad that Tim is seemingly getting pushed into the YJ universe as the current Bat universe under King is not a good place to be. Dick getting shot, Jason going rogue. He's better off there. I do want him to still be involved in major Gotham events though.

I'm also glad Bendis is picking up where we last saw Tim in Detective, going on a quest to find Conner. Probably shortening the journey that would have been, but I could live with that.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Tim's solo series was probably the first series I ever started collecting each single issue. Love him to death, probably my favorite Robin though that changes with the day.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Tim's solo series was probably the first series I ever started collecting each single issue. Love him to death, probably my favorite Robin though that changes with the day.
    That's great. Your first comics always have a special place. Do you have the whole series?

I actually just went through the first 100 issues a few months back. I stopped there as I was told it goes down hill after Dixon leaves. I do want to check out the few issues when he comes back.

But those issues were great.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    That's great. Your first comics always have a special place. Do you have the whole series?

I actually just went through the first 100 issues a few months back. I stopped there as I was told it goes down hill after Dixon leaves. I do want to check out the few issues when he comes back.

But those issues were great.
    I'm missing a few, I'll need to check.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Happy New Year to Tim and to his many fans .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The first time I knew about Tim was from this episode which I later found out was based on Jason's backstory and that fandom calls him Timmy Todd because of it

Timothy_Drake_(DCAU)_003.jpg

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Summer 1994 I was travelling in Europe and for the first time I found a comic book shop (here in Italy it's hard to find one even nowadays) in Bonn, Germany.
    I bought a Knightfall TPB and this Robin issue:

35211-4975-39332-1-robin.jpg

Since then Tim Drake has been my favourite character, Chuck Dixon my favourite writer and Tom Grummett my favorite penciler.
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 01-02-2019 at 09:32 AM.

The first time I saw Tim Drake in a comic was this cover. That tiny little Tim Drake image under the issue number.

DIG019535_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Only at that time, I didn't know it was Tim. I thought it was Dick. This was before The New Batman Adventures and I think during the BTAS. He's wearing Dick's BTAS costume, which is based on Tim. Anyway, even if it was before BTAS, I would've thought he's Dick anyway because I didn't know there were multiple Robins.

Batman #457 was the first Batman comic I ever bought. I have the all of Tim's solo series and mini's. Most of his appearances. I've been using this as a guide.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Ti...h)/Appearances

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Ti...h)/Appearances
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Summer 1994 I was travelling in Europe and for the first time I found a comic book shop (here in Italy it's hard to find one even nowadays) in Bonn, Germany.
    I bought a Knightfall TPB and this Robin issue:

35211-4975-39332-1-robin.jpg

Since then Tim Drake has been my favourite character, Chuck Dixon my favourite writer and Tom Grummett my favorite penciler.
    For me, this was not only my first Robin comic but one of my first comics in general. Robin #7.

Robin_v.4_7.jpg

And yes, Chuck Dixon and Tom Grummet are legends.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    For me, this was not only my first Robin comic but one of my first comics in general. Robin #7.

Robin_v.4_7.jpg

And yes, Chuck Dixon and Tom Grummet are legends.
    Tim in Knightfall is soooooooo good. When Jean locks him out of the cave and fights him when he sneaks in made me actually fear for his safety. Man now I really want to re-read Knightfall.

My actual first comic read of Tim was Hush. This is also the book that informed me that Tim is considered the best Robin because he wish to be a great detective.

37a15529a95a2620524f7584a397a1f9._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

BANNED

Tim Drake is the character that earned it every step of the way, with hard work, dedication and integrity. I think he embodies the best traits of the Batman, cunning, ability to adapt and human weakness, traits that even Batman seems to be lacking these days.

Hopefully we get the character we deserve before the year is over, and we can forget the new 52 was ever a thing.