Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    "Hi, I'm Tim, forever unable to move beyond my Robin phase. I'm totally not Robin here, I swear!"

Honestly, if this costume wasn't the proof that Tim is a poorly crafted character who can't stand on its own without the support of an established legacy (Robin) or the pilfering of the Batman mythos (is Red Robin solo series before the New 52) I don't know what is.
    So much of this.

Sometimes he also dips his hands into superman lore. Let's not forget Tim was also Saviour.

PERSONAL INFO:

Also Known As: None
    Place Of Birth: Unknown
    First Appearance: Action Comics Vol.1 #705 (1994) Modern Age Villain
    Known Associates: Morgan Edge
    Group Affiliation: None
    Base Of Operations: Metropolis
    Grudges: Superman
    Creators: David Michelinie, Jackson Guice and Denis Rodier
    Gallery:

POWERS:

Saviour has almost godlike powers, essentially he can transfer "psychic energy" into anything he imagines, the limits so far stem to a number of feats: he can materialize weapons of any kind (like knives, laser guns, small bazookas ect.) he can alter himself physically and metaphysically giving himself superhuman Strength, Speed, Invulnerability, Heat vision, Flight, and even turning himself into rubber or sprouting wings. He can even manipulate matter and energy to some degree, he once imagined a horde of pink elephants to battle superman, made a pair of handcuffs to bind superman's energy form. At one point Saviour even converted himself into pure energy to fight Superman Blue, his powers are limited but only by imagination.

ORIGINS:

Ramsey Murdoch suffered from increasingly severe headaches which eventually led to auditory hallucinations and delusions. Murdoch came to believe that God wanted him to punish all deceivers. This led him to the conclusion that he ultimately needed to destroy Superman, who he believed was an impostor, and that the real Superman was killed by Doomsday. His belief was reinforced when Brainiac created an illusion of Superman lying dead.

NOTES:

Saviour at DC Database
    Saviour at Comic Vine

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    "Hi, I'm Tim, forever unable to move beyond my Robin phase. I'm totally not Robin here, I swear!"

Honestly, if this costume wasn't the proof that Tim is a poorly crafted character who can't stand on its own without the support of an established legacy (Robin) or the pilfering of the Batman mythos (is Red Robin solo series before the New 52) I don't know what is.
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    They can when they have were they have zero competition. What happened when once DC offered options? Exactly
    And what's all these options?
    Damian? the one who ruined the core of Robin role after 70 years? The one destined to stay death by his own creator at the end of his run?

Tim Drake was the perfect Robin for Bruce, he was at center of batfamily and DC Universe. He's been forced to move on from a role he fitted perfectly and, while it was a plan behind it, it worked perfectly and naturally. Contrary to what you say. Read again Red Robin book if yo've forgotten.

What Tim Drake character suffered was the same that affected all Legacy characters other than Damian generation.
    And just when his new identitity was progressively growing, New 52 happen!
    5 years timeline was impossible to work.
    Editorial choosed to penalize Dick's and Tim's generations. Titans were totally erased from existance and YJ confined in a bad written book, stripped off of their past, history and ties to other DCUniverse people.
    Tim lost his relationships with Bruce and Dick, Spoiler was not there anymore, his parents unknown if dead or alive. New bad origins, and written out of character as all their teammate.
    There's no plan for them, they let them adrift in chaos.
    Rebirth tried to fix all this but without success cause aborted too early.

And after all this you have the guts to adfirm that this is a character who doesn't work? It's incredible he's still alive!
    I've argued with you in other threads before about how could be interesting to explore Tim/Damian relationship. It could be a great story in friend/enemy style that could finally cement this brotherhood never started since the start. It could serve to growing up both characters.
    Your answer was that you don't care about it. And this is the truth, you don't care about Tim and doubt you've read all 3 Tim's mini or his the entire solo run and even less his Red Robin book.
    And if the other time I let it go cause you noticed me that we were not in Tim appreciation thread, now we are.
    I'd like to agrue with you if you want to understand why we love so much this character and be constructive, but if you are here just to denigrate or spout bile you can go back to Damian thread.

I'm sorry if I'm rude but, as I've said other times, I'm tired of this Robins war and tired of Damians fan saying Tim is boring and flat and cannot afford to move on from Robin role.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

They can when they have were they have zero competition. What happened when once DC offered options? Exactly
    What are you talking about? What competition? Other Robin books? Other bat books? Yes there were many other bat books at the time and Tim still did very well.

In fact Tim had a series consistently for 17 years and would have gone further if not for new 52. Not bad for a "poorly crafted"character.

If you want to compare to say Damian he's had what? One series that lasted for about a year. And without "competetion" as you say.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    And what's all these options?
    Damian? the one who ruined the core of Robin role after 70 years? The one destined to stay death by his own creator at the end of his run?

Tim Drake was the perfect Robin for Bruce, he was at center of batfamily and DC Universe. He's been forced to move on from a role he fitted perfectly and, while it was a plan behind it, it worked perfectly and naturally. Contrary to what you say. Read again Red Robin book if yo've forgotten.

What Tim Drake character suffered was the same that affected all Legacy characters other than Damian generation.
    And just when his new identitity was progressively growing, New 52 happen!
    5 years timeline was impossible to work.
    Editorial choosed to penalize Dick's and Tim's generations. Titans were totally erased from existance and YJ confined in a bad written book, stripped off of their past, history and ties to other DCUniverse people.
    Tim lost his relationships with Bruce and Dick, Spoiler was not there anymore, his parents unknown if dead or alive. New bad origins, and written out of character as all their teammate.
    There's no plan for them, they let them adrift in chaos.
    Rebirth tried to fix all this but without success cause aborted too early.

And after all this you have the guts to adfirm that this is a character who doesn't work? It's incredible he's still alive!
    I've argued with you in other threads before about how could be interesting to explore Tim/Damian relationship. It could be a great story in friend/enemy style that could finally cement this brotherhood never started since the start. It could serve to growing up both characters.
    Your answer was that you don't care about it. And this is the truth, you don't care about Tim and doubt you've read all 3 Tim's mini or his the entire solo run and even less his Red Robin book.
    And if the other time I let it go cause you noticed me that we were not in Tim appreciation thread, now we are.
    I'd like to agrue with you if you want to understand why we love so much this character and be constructive, but if you are here just to denigrate or spout bile you can go back to Damian thread.

I'm sorry if I'm rude but, as I've said other times, I'm tired of this Robins war and tired of Damians fan saying Tim is boring and flat and cannot afford to move on from Robin role.
    Your opinion and mine are subjective. We don't define what is at the core. The lore and the IP owners do. Tim was so important to the core of Batman /Robin that he's the one that was erased and still remains erased even when they had a few chances to fix things they felt might be broken. The message is loud and clear. DC has made the changes and erased what wasn't essential to the core of both properties.

Yep Damian was destined to die. he's creator didn't want to upset things but one can't hold back progress anymore than one can hide the sun under a blanket. It will shine through. Damian was destined to die and he did die but fans and WB wanted him back.

That's what I mean by options. Fans, creators and WB/DC now had options. Which character do you want to be Robin? Who do use want to read? Who do you want to play with and create with?
    Damian, Jason and later Duke.

Nightwing stayed strong despite DC's best efforts Tim on the other hand even with added management support. being upgraded to Titan founders, given batman beyond. He was back to Robin.

Yes RR the solo where they try to force him into a Batman/Damian lite mould. I remember. I read that too. Most interesting Tim title I've read even if cringe at how much they tried to make him act like batman not to mention the attempt at assimilating elements of Damian.

I have read his Robin solo and pretty much all his Batman, Batman Beyond and YJ stuff. I know the character inside out. I just don't find as interesting as the others. However my attitude towards Tim is not just due to him boring me it's also down to the attitude of his fans towards other Robins.

Anyway I digress and this is an appreciation thread so I will say his new suit doesn't look as bad as some are making it out

you are correct Tim was the perfect Robin to Batman. That is what he was designed to be. Generic. Perfection isn't always best though. Perfection tends to get boring which might be why fans call him the boring one..
    Designed to be Robin might also explain why he's still in the green, yellow and Red more than 10 years and 2 new recruits since the replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    What are you talking about? What competition? Other Robin books? Other bat books? Yes there were many other bat books at the time and Tim still did very well.

In fact Tim had a series consistently for 17 years and would have gone further if not for new 52. Not bad for a "poorly crafted"character.

If you want to compare to say Damian he's had what? One series that lasted for about a year. And without "competetion" as you say.
    What are you talking about? Damian had RR, Duke, the Robin kids and all the other support staff. Damian isn't even under Bat office and yet he still thrives.

No one is mandated to use Damian unlike back in the day when Tim was the only sidekick and creators were literally forced to use him even in roles written with others in mind.
    On the other hand Priest, Orlando and Williamson had spoken out about how they weren't allowed to use Damian because he had been made 'off limits'

Dietrich, Korath, why are you even here? is clear that you don't like him and that's fine, but why come to the appreciation thread?, is clear that he has nothing that appeals to you, so you probably should keep it outside here.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by scottshamel View Post
    Better look at the colors of Tim's new suit
    I know Duke used to get **** on by Tim fans for being a "knock-off" but, funnily enough, I would've preferred this color scheme on Duke instead of the bright yellow and black. anyway, never been too crazy about Tim but I like his new look and I like that they are finally letting the character grow out of the Robin role. Hopefully this new development sticks and the new direction will endear the character to me a little more.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Tim in Titans Wall mart special. Great art.

2019-08-15 14.24.41.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Your opinion and mine are subjective. We don't define what is at the core. The lore and the IP owners do. Tim was so important to the core of Batman /Robin that he's the one that was erased and still remains erased even when they had a few chances to fix things they felt might be broken. The message is loud and clear. DC has made the changes and erased what wasn't essential to the core of both properties.

Yep Damian was destined to die. he's creator didn't want to upset things but one can't hold back progress anymore than one can hide the sun under a blanket. It will shine through. Damian was destined to die and he did die but fans and WB wanted him back.
    Robin core was for 70 years to be the batman apprentice. Dick, Jason and Tim had a relationship mentor/protegè with Bruce, in different ways and fortune but everyone was on this level.
    Damian no, cause he's Batman son. Relationship has moved to father/son. He moved the core of Robin role, this is a fact. Damian solo book had "son of the Batman" in the title!
    Was Robin (as Dick, Jason or Tim LOL) your favorite character before Damian? I think no, now it is because it's all changed. Dick and Jason as Nightwing and Red Hood don't count.

Morrison knew that, in fact Damian was destined to be Robin for Dick, not Bruce. And, as we all know, Batman is Bruce and when he inevitably came back Morrison preferred to kill Damian.
    What people wanted was Damian and Dick, that was the relationship that worked. After his return Bruce and Damian were barely together and many autors didn't want to write them (Snyder anyone?).
    Tim suffered as a character, as I said before, cause N52 abruptly interrupted his grown as Red Robin. 5 years timeline disintergated his history and they erased all his positon in the DCU, not beacuse he didn't work but because they wanted to rejuvenate Batman. Same destiny he had to share with many legacy characters. Wally West for example, is he a character that didn't work too?
    It's only editorial, you know.

That's what I mean by options. Fans, creators and WB/DC now had options. Which character do you want to be Robin? Who do use want to read? Who do you want to play with and create with?
    Damian, Jason and later Duke.
    This is only your opinion. I prefer Tim or Dick since you mentioned Jason. Tim is used as Robin in Young Justice cartoon and Walmart comics, so I don't really think WB/DC want only Damian, Jason or Duke.

Nightwing stayed strong despite DC's best efforts Tim on the other hand even with added management support. being upgraded to Titan founders, given batman beyond. He was back to Robin.
    I think I've widely explained the reasons.
    Batman beyond was a mistake since the start, Tim fan wanted him back in his days as Red Robin with real Kon-El, Bart and Cassie and in the batfamily with his past relationships with Bruce, Dick, Stephanie, Cassandra etc. not stay away from all that in a future book.
    On the other side Terry McGinnis fans felt usurped by Tim. I can't blame them.

Yes RR the solo where they try to force him into a Batman/Damian lite mould. I remember. I read that too. Most interesting Tim title I've read even if cringe at how much they tried to make him act like batman not to mention the attempt at assimilating elements of Damian.

I have read his Robin solo and pretty much all his Batman, Batman Beyond and YJ stuff. I know the character inside out. I just don't find as interesting as the others. However my attitude towards Tim is not just due to him boring me it's also down to the attitude of his fans towards other Robins.
    It's the same here. Damian fans attitude against Tim make difficult to appreciate the ugly brat.
    I'd like DC to explore this angst between the characters and the fan bases with a great story. You don't, it's a pity.

Anyway I digress and this is an appreciation thread so I will say his new suit doesn't look as bad as some are making it out
    Obviously we disagree even on this. I find it horrible, I'll wait for a better look to definitely judge it.

you are correct Tim was the perfect Robin to Batman. That is what he was designed to be. Generic. Perfection isn't always best though. Perfection tends to get boring which might be why fans call him the boring one..
    Designed to be Robin might also explain why he's still in the green, yellow and Red more than 10 years and 2 new recruits since the replacement.
    He was perfect, yes. Give him a chanche to grow-up without erase after one or two years all his past. Cause every character is nothing without his history.
    Rebirth wanted to do that, taking back history and legacy to many characters who suffered after N52 shame. This is the reason they put him back to red yellow and green suit, giving him a link to his past again, admitting their big mistake. Now they're trying again, I hope with a plan and a meaning without rebooting everything soon.
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 08-15-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Tim in Titans Wall mart special. Great art.

2019-08-15 14.24.41.jpg
    Wow, neat! I’ll have to check this out.

Still getting my bearings with DC, is Tim Robin or Red Robin at this current point in time?

Extraordinary Member

The "management support" was pretty bad. The new 52 Teen Titans were a mess and the Batman Beyond Tim was unrecognisable as Tim (honestly he felt to me more like Dick). And Batman Beyond is anyway a pretty fringe book (beeing Batman in the Eath 2 books did also not really anything for Dick in terms of popularity), and most fans would had probably preferred to get a Red Robin solo over this.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The "management support" was pretty bad. The new 52 Teen Titans were a mess and the Batman Beyond Tim was unrecognisable as Tim (honestly he felt to me more like Dick). And Batman Beyond is anyway a pretty fringe book (beeing Batman in the Eath 2 books did also not really anything for Dick in terms of popularity), and most fans would had probably preferred to get a Red Robin solo over this.
    I kinda wonder how that happened. They're obviously pushing him, but somehow always pick the worst decision or the worst writer and ended up alienating his fans and the fans of the character that got pushed aside such as Terry and Titans. Like how did you screw up that bad?

Extraordinary Member

Btw. when it comes to Nightwing. He had for the most part at least a somewhat decent solo book and even if his solo wasn't that great you usually got something good with him outside of his book eventually.

When it comes to Tim there wasn't much to be excited about for quite sometime during the new 52. Rebirth Tec was probably the closest to what his fans wanted to see, but even there he was dead for half of the run.

Wait, where am I. Nevermind. Not the place.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-16-2019 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Wait, where am I. Nevermind. Not the place.
    If you hold your tongue, you are welcome.