Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Oh yeah I meant that stripe across his arm. Don’t think it actually touches his hands but the design is pretty similar. I consider them fingerstripes because Nightwing N52 has a few variants of the fingerstripes across comics and media that resembled Drake’s suit.
    Oh.
    Well, I guess I just disagree.
    I don't think they can be fairly considered finger stripes, on account of lacking, you know, stripes on the fingers.
    It's all in the name right?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    "Every man" concept also does not work very well if the "every man" character is not the main character in the story. This is probably the reason why Tim's backstory was changed in The New Batman Adventures cartoon.
    and if Spider-Man's not the main character in a team, he's usually the quippy one, and that's Dick... or Bart, not exactly quippy but talks a lot.

Tim in a team is The Brain.

In those animated movies though, Batman is The Brain... and The Brawn, since he's the main character

I normally don't post here, but this is a fanfic recommendation; its a fluff story about Tim following Batman, Robin, and Nightwing as Tim ends up befriending Jason, and then getting sucked into the Wayne household. It's called "Latchkey" on AO3 and updated near daily.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/21...pters/51685639

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I'm excited about the Robin 80th anniversary special coming out in March. Mostly for Tim.

Has anyone heard anything about how or where he will.be featured in it?

From the writers and artists listed only a few make sense for Tim's part. Chuck Dixon of course and James Tynion for writers. Both of them I think are good choices for Tim. For artist Tom Grummet is most definitely for Tim. Another great choice. If I'm correct should be a pretty good showing for Tim.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

The solicit says "and more", so we don't know all the writers and artists involved yet.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I'm excited about the Robin 80th anniversary special coming out in March. Mostly for Tim.

Has anyone heard anything about how or where he will.be featured in it?

From the writers and artists listed only a few make sense for Tim's part. Chuck Dixon of course and James Tynion for writers. Both of them I think are good choices for Tim. For artist Tom Grummet is most definitely for Tim. Another great choice. If I'm correct should be a pretty good showing for Tim.
    I'm pretty excited about it too.
    I'd kill for a new Tim Robin story written by Dixon and drawn by Grummett. Please take Tynion and Lobdell away from Tim!

Hmm my guess was that Tynion would write a Tim story for the special.

Dixon would have been a neat choice, but, I did see this floating around on twitter. This tweet is vague as to what book it is referring to, but assuming this is Dixons real twitter (I'm unsure as it is unverified).

It's possible he may have written a Nightwing story for the Robin special instead. (Though I don't want to rule out multiple stories from single writers.)

Last edited by RedBird; 12-18-2019 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

Dixon would have been a neat choice, but, I did see this floating around on twitter. This tweet is vague as to what book it is referring to, but assuming this is Dixons real twitter (I'm unsure as it is unverified).

It's possible he may have written a Nightwing story for the Robin special instead. (Though I don't want to rule out multiple stories from single writers.)

I would have loved a Tim story by Chuck, but he's the greatest writer for both Nightwing and Tim, so I'm glad to have him either way.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Isn't the book 100 pages? If they make each the standard 20 they can fit 5 Robins each
    Oh but... there are short stories that only need 8 pages or so isn't it, and we know Dick's already taking up 2 slots with 1 Nightwing and 1 Grayson story.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

I figure Tynion is probably writing the Tim (and maybe Steph) story, but I kind of would've proffered Dixon write the Tim story.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake