Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

The marketing around the suit is poor. A proper reveal with a full view of the art would be nice, or some concept art or just anything like a full blown cover.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    So was Tim before Rebirth and is seemingly now again, Teen Titans ans Young Justice are not under the control of the Batman office, and he gets usually less Guest appearances in other batfamily-books then Dick and Damian.

And Super Sons had in it's first volume at least a strong connection to the superman books.

Tim's role in BRE was also not that big, and Damian got Robin War instead.

Dick had also Titans and if we count alternate Versions Earth 2+Convergence.
    They all had Robin war They should have all have BRE it was a celebration of Robin afterall. The exclusion of the current Robin from that proves that the nonsense notion of favouritism has no leg to stand on
    In Rebirth who was the Sidekick next to Bruce? Tim

Yes Damian gets more guest appearances in both bat and non bat books. Thank you for making my point about writers and choice.

You have no argument mate and all the evidence you are laying out work in favour of Tim

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Brown is a pretty bold choice since you don't really see it unless it's for some sort of leather addition (pouches, jackets, stuff like that) or on an archer character. I'm not against the brown, I really don't like how the costume has nothing to it. It's basically Cass' Orphan suit but brown and a few line changes. It needs more, maybe his costume will change through in-story stuff but right now it's just bland and generic. I feel like I could go on deviantart and find something like this in a couple minutes.

Also keeping a very similar domino mask really makes it seem like he's wearing some henchman outfit as a disguise over his normal Robin suit.
    Part of my problem is it reminds me of Cass' current costume and everything I hate about that suit.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Relating to a character is just a part of the problem, not the heart of the matter. Mentor/protegè and father/son are two different way of relationship.
    Both are interesting but different, Robin role has been in a kind for 70 years and then changed with Damian. This is the point.
    You may prefer the latest, of course, but I'm not. I'm not interest in Robin anymore as I always did before with Dick, Jason and Tim.

I can't find he interview but I clearly remember Morrison saying that previously Damian should be killed after 4 issues after his appearence, he would serve to recreate a kind of relationships between two separate parents, Bruce and Talia. So he imagined him as the son of Batman, not as Robin.
    Just in a second moment he thought of Damian as the perfect Robin for Dick, and he liked that relationship so much that he'd like to write stories about them for other 5 years.
    Anyway he had to leave so he decided that when his run was finished, all the toys should go back to the box leaving the room as he found it.

When Tim was Robin we had Cassandra, Stephanie, Azrael, Batwing, Huntress well featured and active in all Bat books and of course Nightwing and Oracle. I'd take any of these characters instead of Duke. Competition has always been there.

Sorry for this one, I'm not anglophone and I didn't mean this. I mean Damian has a bad attitude, he is unpleasant. Not look bad.

Anyway, we obviously have different point of views, it happens. You said that your hate for Tim is caused by his fans but is you that came here teasing.
    Please just avoid to come here just to denigrate Tim.
    If you want to argue about Tim or his relationship with Damian or whoever, you're welcome. But as you said, you don't care so I leave you to you're infinite options Jason and Duke.
    I will try to keep my annoyance and irritation in check. This is an Appreciation site.

Morrison wanted to write Dick and Damian for 5 years [strange you found that but you couldn't find the multitude of interviews and pieces on Morrison's thoughts on Damian/Robin. Strange]

Morrison saw Damian as the evolved version of Robin. Dick and Damian in Batman and Robin Reborn should the final evolution of the concept. The one who started it all going on to mentor and save a Wayne. Not only does Damian enhance Bruce and the concept of Robin he enhances Dick Grayson.

The myth of Batman and Robin comes full circle with Damian. Morrison's thoughts was that he was an evolved Robin not just in skills [Damian is easily the highest skilled Robin to date] but in what he adds to the concept.

The man himself speaks

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Almost a full shot of Tim new costume :

That looks like a Talon's uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    That looks like a Talon's uniform.
    ...I can kind of see it now.

Incredible Member

I wish he went with "Savior".

The Savior suit: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20180103123430

But instead of a cowl, use the mask similar to the one that Nightwing had in BAK: https://store.playstation.com/store/...sion=00_09_000

Maybe a stubble too since he's most likely 17/18.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Morrison saw Damian as the evolved version of Robin. Dick and Damian in Batman and Robin Reborn should the final evolution of the concept. The one who started it all going on to mentor and save a Wayne. Not only does Damian enhance Bruce and the concept of Robin he enhances Dick Grayson.
    Normally I'd let you Damian fans talk because your delusion entertains me, but this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Damian, an evolved version of Robin? He's a downgraded, lower quality, most repulsive version of Robin yet. Damian can't enhance anything, he's rubbish.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by uchihafanboy View Post
    Normally I'd let you Damian fans talk because your delusion entertains me, but this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Damian, an evolved version of Robin? He's a downgraded, lower quality, most repulsive version of Robin yet. Damian can't enhance anything, he's rubbish.
    Tim drake had one purpose and it was to get Batman out of his funk, he long since did that. He should have drop the cape and make a long time ago. He is very unnecessary and it clearly a struggle for DC to hold a bat family this big. He is not an orphan, not abused not traumatized he doesn't need batman nor can he do anything more for batman at this point. Eventually DC will see that a third Hetero cis gendered dark haired white male robin is not needed and tim drake will fade into limbo. its inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Part of my problem is it reminds me of Cass' current costume and everything I hate about that suit.
    The current Bat-family feels like everyone's suits are devolving into crap slowly.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

The current Bat-family feels like everyone's suits are devolving into crap slowly.
    I mean, Dick is "Ric" obviously, Jason's doesn't seem as popular as his old one...Babs at least is better then Burnside in my opinion and classic fans should be happy with Batman's current look.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uchihafanboy View Post
    You really need a better argument than namecalling the character and his fans. Cite an example of why he's downgraded and lower quality. Otherwise, just say that this is a Tim Appreciation Thread and it's out of topic to talk about Damian if you don't want to talk about it.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    The marketing around the suit is poor. A proper reveal with a full view of the art would be nice, or some concept art or just anything like a full blown cover.
    It makes me wonder if this isnt intended to be a final version, but as others have said something he is using in the interim...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    It makes me wonder if this isn't intended to be a final version, but as others have said something he is using in the interim...
    I also think it's an interim suit because the color's too bland and there's no logo.

I just don't know how long the interim period is because I also think Orphan is an interim identity for Cass

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Tim drake had one purpose and it was to get Batman out of his funk, he long since did that. He should have drop the cape and make a long time ago. He is very unnecessary and it clearly a struggle for DC to hold a bat family this big. He is not an orphan, not abused not traumatized he doesn't need batman nor can he do anything more for batman at this point. Eventually DC will see that a third Hetero cis gendered dark haired white male robin is not needed and tim drake will fade into limbo. its inevitable.
    No, Tim's purpose was to be Robin. If you look at the character that is Tim Drake, it is very clear he was made to be Robin. All of the other Robin's(Damian included) were made to take something from Batman and need help from Batman to grow into a better person. Tim Drake is not like that, unlike them he came from a relatively normal life and when he became Robin, he was the only one who gave something to Batman, Nightwing himself said it. He didn't want to grow up and become Batman. He just wanted to be Robin and help Batman in his darkness. Then Damian came along who's only purpose is to be Robin. But since Damian and Bruce can't work together, the only purpose such a character would have is to die and drive Batman further into the darkness ala Jason. The difference is, he can't do it the way Jason did it or shock the family like Jason when he died because they had all been through that pain already and we took years to build from it. It would all be redundant and since Tim Drake's only desire is to be Robin to help Batman the death of Damian as Robin would mean the resurgence of Tim. It's the only logical conclusion as it is his very purpose, or add in yet another Robin but nobody wants that.

So where does Damian fit? he fits to be a Robin to Dick Grayson but Dick doesn't want to be Batman. We know this, meaning the only place Damian can fit is being Robin to a Batman who doesn't want to be Batman. He is nothing but a thorn in Dick's side

I don't know where that cis hetero stuff is coming from but keep politics out of this. Not everyone subscribes to same ideals as you.
    It's very telling actually, the further the batfam is, the worse everyone costume gets. This is the world Didio wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    You really need a better argument than namecalling the character and his fans. Cite an example of why he's downgraded and lower quality. Otherwise, just say that this is a Tim Appreciation Thread and it's out of topic to talk about Damian if you don't want to talk about it.
    I was on my phone, the Damian fans shall never get any mercy from me.
    Last edited by uchihafanboy; 08-17-2019 at 06:56 PM.