Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Tim Drake: Robin, Red Robin Appreciation 2019

Appreciation thread for the third 'Robin', 2019 edition!

So what does everyone want to see happen with Tim this year and beyond?

Old thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2018

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I guess this is a good time as any to jump in. Tim is great and my favorite Robin.

Robin-Vol.-2-In-House-Ad-1993.jpg

For 2019 I'm glad that Tim is seemingly getting pushed into the YJ universe as the current Bat universe under King is not a good place to be. Dick getting shot, Jason going rogue. He's better off there. I do want him to still be involved in major Gotham events though.

I'm also glad Bendis is picking up where we last saw Tim in Detective, going on a quest to find Conner. Probably shortening the journey that would have been, but I could live with that.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Tim's solo series was probably the first series I ever started collecting each single issue. Love him to death, probably my favorite Robin though that changes with the day.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Tim's solo series was probably the first series I ever started collecting each single issue. Love him to death, probably my favorite Robin though that changes with the day.
    That's great. Your first comics always have a special place. Do you have the whole series?

I actually just went through the first 100 issues a few months back. I stopped there as I was told it goes down hill after Dixon leaves. I do want to check out the few issues when he comes back.

But those issues were great.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    That's great. Your first comics always have a special place. Do you have the whole series?

I actually just went through the first 100 issues a few months back. I stopped there as I was told it goes down hill after Dixon leaves. I do want to check out the few issues when he comes back.

But those issues were great.
    I'm missing a few, I'll need to check.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Happy New Year to Tim and to his many fans .

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I guess this is a good time as any to jump in. Tim is great and my favorite Robin.
    Mine too. I didn't care for Grayson as Robin, but I love him as Nightwing. Never cared for Jason as Robin either, but he's cool as the Red Hood. Well, he was anyway.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor