Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Is the Batfan getting too big

I love the new additions but is it getting to large? How many would be too many for all of you? So far we have Jason. Dick, Babs, Cass, Steph, Damien and Batwing

It is too big. How is there still any crime in Gotham?

My ideal would be Nightwing, Batgirl, Robin, Signal [day time protector], Batwoman and Red Hood as an antagonist or as a the family member who does what Batman can't.

Currently Damian fills the role of the bat family member who does what Batman can't but I feel this should be Jason's. He's character
    If the Red Hood character is going to maintain his current course then he needs to not be part of the family since he doesn't do what he's supposed to do. Bring in Saviour that guy isn't shy about shooting family members with actual bullets not blanks.

True. I mean more of character development-wise. Each character needs enough scene time or panel time. Some characters from events or issues don't always feel like they have been used to their fullest.

BANNED

Kill them all except Nightwing.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

How about resurrecting one of the old threads about the same Topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    It is too big. How is there still any crime in Gotham?
    Because Gotham is literally, canonically cursed.

If anything, the Batfam is too small.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

How is there any crime in Marvel’s NYC?
    Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas folks

Yeah. Gotham doesn't even have the Teen Titans (who are usually in either New York or San Francisco) despite them usually being led by one of the Robins (Dick, Tim or Damian). They're definitely short of superheroes, especially ones who aren't badass normals, and not short of supervillains.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

The best solution would be to spread the Bat Family out to other cities. Though considering the state of Gotham, the Bat Family at its current size might not be enough to protect it efficiently.

I don't think the Batfamily is too big, but it seems too big for the razor-focus and isolated nature of how the Batfamily titles are handled.

Treat the Bat-Family like candy - stick to the flavors you like, ignore the ones you aren't that into.

It is too big and has been for a while. I don't think any of the heroes need to disappear or anything like that but they should just shift them into other cities in the DCU, might even help those heroes grow a bit on there own and could be a good launching point for new series for them. I would have them spaced out like this:

Gotham-Batman(Bruce) Robin(Damian),Batgirl(Batbara)- Keep the signal (Duke) as the daytime protector really loved how they folded him into a role that was open.

Bludhaven- Nightwing(Dick), Orphan. Would love to see Cassie teamed up with Grayson, think they would have an interesting partnership and she would be a good addition to his ongoing book

Coast City- Tim Drake and Stephanie Brown- Sort of a fresh start and since GL is off planet all the time there would be plenty of opportunity for them

Metropolis- Kate Kane-maybe have her move there to see maggie more or something like that.They also seem to pair her up with batwing alot so he could go there too.

Have Jason be a wanderer like they had for a bit, almost like a superhero version of Jack Reacher from his book series, sort of a nomad who drifts about and solves problems that he finds
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Treat the Bat-Family like candy - stick to the flavors you like, ignore the ones you aren't that into.
    These are wise words.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    These are wise words.
    As long as fans don't start complaining about their favorites aren't getting enough focus because resources are split.

Yes this Batfan is getting too big - I blame the holidays, the food's just too good.