Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    If every former Robin changed their name because of that, their list of former identities would put Kitty Pride to shame.
    LMAO! so true

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I really didn’t need it
    I miss time when Batman and Robin were a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I really didn’t need it
    Damian's been in the last few issues of Detective at least, but it's not the same as it was in the good old days of them being a team.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member

I really didn’t need it
    I really hope that was just a hallucination.Otherwise, its not a good look for Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    but it's not the same as it was in the good old days of them being a team.
    So far, anyway. Really they've only been working together for like one issue.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I really hope that was just a hallucination.Otherwise, its not a good look for Bruce.
    Please. Punching Tim in a fit of insanity is far from the worst thing he's done to these boys. Give the kid an ice pack and tell him to walk it off XD

Anyone else collect Tim appearances? I've been going off of https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Category:...h)/Appearances and https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Category:...h)/Appearances. I have most of them, but I pass on stuff like flashbacks and pictures or tv monitor appearances.

Also, Titans 100 Page Giant #4 is out now at Walmart with more new Tim content.
    Last edited by SixSpeedSamurai; 05-19-2019 at 03:57 PM.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Tim is appearing in Heroes in Crisis #9 in the confessional panel.
    these are his words:

"Dick's the funny, nice one.
    Jason the rebellious, cool one.
    Damian's the cute, mean one.
    So I get it. I get it more than... I get it.
    But what the hell am I?"

I immediately found myself screaming out: "You're the best Robin ever! Never forget it Tim". And blame N52 again for everything ruined my boy since then.

Astonishing Member

these are his words:

But what the hell am I?"

I immediately found myself screaming out: "You're the best Robin ever! Never forget it Tim". And blame N52 again for everything ruined my boy since then.
    I blame Johns for starting Tim's decline. New 52 just continued the precedent Johns started.

Incredible Member

these are his words:

But what the hell am I?"

That page was not necessary lmfao

I blame Johns for starting Tim's decline. New 52 just continued the precedent Johns started.
    I can feel you on this, but what DC did with Tim on Red Robin was great, he moved on naturally and had a path.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

What did Johns do?

Fantastic Member

I know I'm in the minority, but I only started reading comics around OYL. So, my introduction to Tim was him as the angsty teen who had lost so much. Going back and reading his earlier stuff, I love his optimism and the character he was; but I also greatly enjoyed his character growth. I know some people prefer him as he was during the first part of his tenure, but the tragedy of his life and the character growth he received in Red Robin was so much fun to read. Characters shouldn't remain static. They should grow in logically consistent and interesting ways.

Tim's growth in red robin represents that done well. Much line Dick's transition to nightwing.

This is versus Dick's "growth" as Ric that represents that kind of growth done poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    I know I'm in the minority, but I only started reading comics around OYL. So, my introduction to Tim was him as the angsty teen who had lost so much. Going back and reading his earlier stuff, I love his optimism and the character he was; but I also greatly enjoyed his character growth. I know some people prefer him as he was during the first part of his tenure, but the tragedy of his life and the character growth he received in Red Robin was so much fun to read. Characters shouldn't remain static. They should grow in logically consistent and interesting ways.

Tim's growth in red robin represents that done well. Much line Dick's transition to nightwing.

This is versus Dick's "growth" as Ric that represents that kind of growth done poorly.
    I agree with you even though I’m one of those who love more Tim period under Chuck Dixon.
    Red Robin was a great evolution for the character, problem is that with N52 that growth has been stopped. I even don’t know if that book is still in canon or not.
    We still don’t know which is the status of Tim’s parents.
    Too many mistakes ruined this character, and to be honest if Bendis wouldn’t have wanted to write Young Justice, Tim would be one of the victims at the Sanctuary.
    Cause DC choose for Damian and doesn’t know what to do with Tim. The character we have nowadays is not worth half of what he was in the 90’s

Extraordinary Member

I loved Red Robin... until the New 52 came in.

Red Robin was initially just what happens when talented writers simply write a well-defined character reacting in an emotionally logical way to the insane events that are occurring to him caused by other books. Willingham, Dixon, Yost, and Nicieza basically just had to take the endearing, sometimes neurotic “golden boy” Robin in Tim and have him take the hits caused by the death of Steph in War Games, his father’s death in Identity Crisis, his stepmother’s death, his two best friends’ death, and eventually Batman’s own death, and react accordingly, even when those characters came back.

The result was a Tim who was more paranoid, more manipulative, and more morose... but still recognizable as coming from the original Tim. People could complain about the conceptual value of the character becoming darker, but by and large Tim’s writers all managed to maneuver him to that area in a sensible manner that maintained the character’s unique personality traits and “voice.” The exceptions were Adam Beechen, who kind of lost all credibility with his handling of Cassandra Cain, and to a lesser extent Geoff Johns, who I think lost track of the more mundane traits that other writers managed to keep so that Tim stayed believable.

So when you got to Red Robin pre-New 52, it was a characterization, setting, and status quo that was still exceedingly competent, and had some weight and momentum behind it. People could debate whether having Tim’s paranoia go to full Tower-of-Babel-levels of paranoid and acting more ruthlessly manipulative was the right move for the character, but they didn’t really have to ask why he’d gone down that path, and he still had a pretty huge and respectable readership who still found him enjoyable, and some who even liked him a little bit more now (I’m one of them.)

Then New 52 hit, and showed just how important competently handling and understanding the character was, and how integral that momentum in his previous serieses and the slow build towards his Red Robin status quo was. Scott Lobdell didn’t understand Tim’s voice at all, since it was too restrained and subtle for him, and generally just tried to write him as a bland and broad Robin-archetype. DC also seemed to decide that Tim “graduating” to Red Robin was the wrong move, and tried to modify him to some weird Robin-but-not-Robin creation that only seemed marginally in character whenever someone else from the Bat Books was writing him.

And one of the biggest issues was the attempt to follow Lobdell’s lead in eliminating Tim’s more humble and mundane aspects and trying to reinvent him as the “tech” Robin. Lobdell’s resurrection fo his family should, in theory, have allowed for that more grounded aspect to be reintroduced and reinforced... except that Lobdell’s clearly didn’t get that and never intended to use that grounded aspect of the character at all, so they never appeared. And the Eternal maxi-serieses just kept on trying to find a way to make the tech-guy Schtick stick when really Tim thrives far more when he can be feature does in his civvies and using simple but creative cunning.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP