Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    Reading Tim in this was refreshing. He felt like a Tim that had moved past the angst of Red Robin. However, I think he is also lacking a bit of the maturity his time as RR gave him.

Bendis might be writing more of a pre-OYL Tim.
    nothing wrong with that lol. Though I do wish Tim retained his Red Black and Yellow suit palette. I don't think green is the color for him tbh

Fantastic Member

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    nothing wrong with that lol. Though I do wish Tim retained his Red Black and Yellow suit palette. I don't think green is the color for him tbh
    See, I loved the Red Robin run. Tim has experienced so much tragedy it was bound to take a toll onhis psych. The RR series was a real coming of age story that dealt with Tim’s grief, tendency to control, and his similarities/differences to Bruce. At the end of RR, he had truly become his own man and hero. In a perfect world, the N52 never happened and Tim continued to grow.

Every writer since then tried to pigeon hole Tim as the techs Robin Gary Stu genius. Which just isn’t who Tim is. So all that growth was destroyed and we were left with something not!Tim. I’d have preferred Yost or Nicieza on a solo fixing these issues, but rebooting Timback to pre trauma isn’t the worst decision. Better than what we had.

Yeah, I'm the opposite. Since Tim's whole thing was 'he didn't want to be batman... he just wanted to be Robin' I like his costume to evoke as much of the classic Robin costumes as possible. The post OYL red and black suit was my least favorite thing he ever wore. I LOVED his tradional Robin costume. For me THAT is Tim. a little more modern, a little more edgy... but still ROBIN.

So yeah, for me ANY Robin without the green misses the mark, but for TIm more than most.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yeah, I'm the opposite. Since Tim's whole thing was 'he didn't want to be batman... he just wanted to be Robin' I like his costume to evoke as much of the classic Robin costumes as possible. The post OYL red and black suit was my least favorite thing he ever wore. I LOVED his tradional Robin costume. For me THAT is Tim. a little more modern, a little more edgy... but still ROBIN.

So yeah, for me ANY Robin without the green misses the mark, but for TIm more than most.
    I'm with you, Robin is Red/Yellow/GREEN! I've always hated post OYL costume. Furtehr more Tim Drake original is the best Robin Costume ever!

Fantastic Member

Visually, the OYL was so much better looking to me.

Story wise, it makes zero sense to have Tim just be red and black. He did that to honor Kon.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I'm with you, Robin is Red/Yellow/GREEN! I've always hated post OYL costume. Furtehr more Tim Drake original is the best Robin Costume ever!
    His original costume is my favorite as well. Such a great design and it's inspired so many designs as well.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Mighty Member

To be fair, Tim changed his Outfit, because he wanted to have the Costume RED/BLACK because they were the Colors of CONNER...

I have to say I would love to see a modern Version of the RED ROBIN costume of NEW52..
    It would be cool to see it evolve to a BATWING (I like the one with full-face cover) or BATMAN OF THE FUTURE....outfit...(not mask-but with some Gimmicks etc.)..

BANNED

You mean this?

bat2.jpg

Looks pretty amazing, and a nod to Batman Beyond clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    To be fair, Tim changed his Outfit, because he wanted to have the Costume RED/BLACK because they were the Colors of CONNER...
    yeah, I've heard that, but I still didn't like it. 1) Changing a robin costume to honor a Superboy doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Best buddies or not... a LOT of people die in their world (most come back) but changing it for that reason is weak. Wearing the black armband in memorial is one thing... but the complete overhaul was too much.

2) Connor's costume SUCKED... The jeans and a t-shirt look was always lame, and red shield on a black background is to engrained with death of superman... so that look he's 'honoring' was somewhere between morbid and lazy.

3) I still believe it was to try and tie it in with DCAU Tim... which was never a very good Tim to begin with.

If anything more black... scalloped cape, glove spikes... it was always leaning more toward 'Robin becoming more like Batman' than it was anything to do with Superboy.

I always loved the original suit with the right artist... and I always seem to hate change for change's sake, but yeah.... I really have to agree. Tim's original Robin suit is by far my favorite version. I think that Robin suit and Rebirth Hal Jordan were the only costume changes I've seen where I didn't automatically hate them. Well... and Batman's blue/Grey/Yellow Oval suit... but that was already standard when I started reading

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    yeah, I've heard that, but I still didn't like it. 1) Changing a robin costume to honor a Superboy doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Best buddies or not...
    Dude, they were like brothers. I totally think he would wear black and red for Conner. After Teds and Boosters friendship one of the closests ones.

Not that i think Red should be Tims color, at all.

Incredible Member

I always preferred the red and black to mimic a Robin bird’s design. But the new YJ suit is the best of both worlds

Extraordinary Member

I always preferred the red and black to mimic a Robin bird’s design. But the new YJ suit is the best of both worlds
    Something about the YJ art style manages to make what should be a cluttered design actually seem strewn-lined. I think tissues how the show has always managed to make the more “tactical” suits look good, while stuff like the New 52 costume always managed to look like a 90’s era mess of stranded plus belts and distracting oddas and ends.

Right now, I’m really hoping that the comic strats to pick up, or that Bendis still turns out to have that decompression magic: the pace is killing me right now, especially when I’ve got the cartoon going on at the same time.

I mean, on the cartoon, I’m fully expecting a second half of the season story to feature Red Hood or Shiva crashing down on Tim’s team so we can see some family grudge matches.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP